GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone should be too concerned with the theatrics of GBC giving evidence. I think it is the only way (for the defence that is) to have it affirmed in evidence that GBC did not kill ABC. This is crucial for a defence, as a jury must be beyond reasonable doubt conclude that it was GBC that did it. One inconsistency in the whole of his evidence, and his affirmation of this one point will be useless, and in fact a verdict might then turn on that evidence. :please:

My view is, I hope he rabbits on for another day or two, as with each word he takes aim at his foot. Make no mistake, the DPP solicitors are not bored with his rhetoric. Every one of them wants to give the QC the slam dunk question...

Wait for next week, GBC may turn witness for the prosecution.

Also he says. I went to bed last night, I mean the night before... To me that sounds like over rehearsed scenario, coming out in autopilot. Retrieve planned out excuse from short term memory brain compartment. Opps, that's what I had planned for yesterday, need to change it for today. :blushing:

Nice catch

Maxalon's a common drug used for nausea/vomiting from any cause and handy to have around. Sort of thing you'd have in a travel kit, or be given for a whole range of conditions that involve nausea. Handy for hangovers :)

Only taken as needed mostly, but you could be on it regularly if you had some chronic nausea (eg from chemotherapy, opiate pain treatment, chronic gastro-intestinal problems). The other regular use I've seen is for some stomach/digestive issues, where it's used to speed up the movement of food from stomach to the small intestine.

But really - it's so common and general that the only thing i'd deduce from its presence in a medicine cabinet is "someone had this prescribed for nausea at some point"
Maxalon can be prescribed for "morning sickness". How old was the packet?

Back in the previous thread ( sorry I worked last night and had a lot of catching up to do )
JK673 made a comment that Kholo Creek would be very quiet between 10pm and 2am. I am wondering why those particular times were mentioned.

Perhaps because screams, thuds, noises were heard around 10.00 - 10.30pm on 19/4 and phone was put on charger at 1.48am on 20/4. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few years back we were experiencing extreme financial difficulties. We were behind in our payments on our credit card ( nowhere near the amount the BCs owed ) and we were receiving constant phone calls and threatening letters. It was sooo stressful. We would avoid answering the phone if we didnt know the number and dreaded getting the mail. It was stated some posts back (sorry i couldn't find it) that they had not made a payment in some months. Combining the amount owing and the lack of payments they would definitely have been receiving calls. The financial stress levels in that household would have been horrendous no matter what GBC alleges. We've been there.[/QUOTE]
https://www.moneysmart.gov.au/borro...-basics/credit-reports-credit-repair#defaults

Hmm funny how the time where I'm really interested has been glossed over - when they come back from overseas which is supposedly end of 1999 - 2000 - fro Christmas and a wedding (OBW +IW?). Which is when Allison gets a job back at Flight Centre. Gerry begs and begs for a job and then five months and some days later loses it (in August 2000 Gerry is made redundant and by December he is suing them (Flight Centre).
All this around when Allison supposedly gets depressed again - no wonder you big modsnip, you just cost her a job in a company where she'd excelled.
When was the oldest child born though - because Gerry maintains that it was because he was such a big earner that she stopped work and was able to start the family. All of these things happen around the same time and would love some help with the time line. I've seen the Flight Centre docs and know the dates of the redundancy and the suing, but the others I'm not sure on.

BBM. Exactly! Allison gave up her own job (where she excelled) at Flight Centre in support of GBC. He effectively cost her that job. This would plunge them into financial insecurity at the beginning of their married life and give cause to a bleak outlook on any future plans IMO. My opinion only.

I was thinking I must be the only one who needs to do their hair again the morning after a visit to the hairdresser. :)

Nope definitely not the only one!

Sorry, AAAA, I'm not sure how to include your quote. I agree with both of you; I don't even get my hair blow dried! I have thick hair, and after sitting for three-four hours I'm keen to leave ASAP.

I too will avoid the blow dry to vamoose out of there as quick as possible. My hairdresser likes to insist on blowdrying sometimes and I grin and bear it, thinking I just want to get out of here.:floorlaugh: Glad to see I'm not the only one too.

Another silly question here....will the jury see the evidence filed in relation to the bail hearing, and the committal, even though that evidence may not have been discussed at the trial (eg phil broom statement, financial tommy guys statement etc...)??

If these matters are in the 'Agreed Facts' then the jury will see them.

Another theory....

GBC tells Allison about TMH at the conference the next day and Allison has a panic attack and passes out. GBC ensures she never regains consciousness by blocking her mouth and nose. But she does for a moment and scratches for her life to no avail......

Okay I have 2speak up here. Panic attacks rarely cause fainting as the very nature of a panic attack is a significant rise in blood pressure. The " feeling " is like you are going to faint. I have spent $1000's on psychologist for this very problem! I am convinced I will faint during a panic attack and more specifically whilst driving. The natural reaction is to breath faster and deeper thereby putting too much O2 in your cells so you get all tingly and breathless - wierd stuff. As well, I hate all this emphasis on her not being able to drive. When you read info about anxiety and panic included in the top 4 or 5 biggest fears is driving, being left alone, confined spaces etc. I had a terrible time driving my kids to school last year because of this anxiety (lost count of the number of times i turned the car around and went home when I saw a traffic jam at our intersection) and would rather have had my very unsympathetic husband for company than be on my own at home! There ARE cases where fainting and panic coincide tbut here is usually an underlying condition of anemia or some other deficit in minerals in the body.

Just my input from a zoloft taking, panic prone, mother of young kids with a husband who has a snap out of attitude to anxiety and depression.....

They've already paid it, it's in trust until this trial finishes. Can they take it back?

My own policy had a suicide exclusion for the first 13 months only. I thought that was fairly standard these days.

But you are correct that individual policies can vary. I don't remember exactly what medical questions they asked me now as it was a few years ago that I took the policy out.

Sorry Cattail and BJsleuth, seems all is well with the payout, I edited post to include tidbit from Trooper.

Thank you also Alioop for clarification of life insurance payout re: suicide. :)

I have to say over the last 2 years my thoughts of what happened that night have changed. I was originally of the opinion that this was a fight that escalated, and ended in Allison's death. I now believe it was premeditated.

A question, if anyone knows off the top of their head, and can save me from searching. The Bruce Overland emails, particularly, the one where he says to Toni, "Leave it to me". When was that sent? It was before the one stating he would be coming to her unconditionally by July 1st 2012, I believe. It wasn't in the same email. And these emails were from before Allison went missing? Am I correct in thinking that??

The asking for funds from Bruce Flegg, he intitally asked for $400,000. To which Bruce said no, and then came back and asked via Sue Heath, for $300,000 at a later date. When she returned the call back to him to say no to that amount, I believe that was when he hatched his plan to murder Allison for the insurance money, because he replied to Sue Heath, that he had another arrangement going, or another plan. My brain is really tired, and I can't remember the exact wording.

I think he hadn't originally planned to murder her that night, but because of the phone calls with Toni, and her demands on Allison not to go to the conference the next day, he was in a bind. He couldn't tell Allison not to go. As she would know he was still in contact with Toni. He couldn't have Allison going, in case the two of them crossed paths. I think he believed that Toni wasn't buying the stalling tactics anymore, and he couldn't be sure that Toni wouldn't make a scene. So that night became the night.. The girls were tired from the cross country plus also swimming at the BC's place. They were exhausted, no way would they wake up during the night.

I believe that NBC and OBW have covered up for him. I don't understand why they would both take their cars over to the house in the morning, if NBC was to stay with the girls while GBC and OBW searched the streets. Wasn't there a facetime between GBC and NBC phones around midnight? Or has that been misinformation? Perhaps NBC came over that night, and never left.

I think I need to read back over the last few days of testimony of the girls, and OWB and NBC, to make myself a visual, a timeline of everything. Something there is hinky, and I can't quite remember what order it's all in, but I think it will all become clear if it was all in one place easy to reference.

Sorry Cattail and BJsleuth, seems all is well with the payout, I edited post to include tidbit from Trooper.

Thank you also Alioop for clarification of life insurance payout re: suicide. :)

All good PS. I was just curious if the insurance company could demand repayment.

Here's an interesting article "How can you expose the lies of the Narcissist in a court of law? He acts so convincing!"

http://samvak.tripod.com/5.html#Court

I bought this exact book ("Malignant Self-love: Narcissism Revisited") a decade ago as I was trying to understand the Narcissistic family I had married into. Well worth reading if you want to learn more about Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Then again, my medico sisters' DSMIV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) was of great help as well :)

No, just sertraline and alcohol. The police found Amoxycillin at the house I believe and Maxolon. Dr Watson will correct me if I'm wrong. I assumed any drug present would be in the autopsy report?

I believe the presence of alcohol is due to tissue necrosis, thus an artefact ( if this is the correct term for cadaver pathology) Samples for other assays like the antidepressant etc were sourced from the liver, where levesl are anticipated to be higher. I may be in error, as peripheral samples likely assayed as well.:twocents:

I have to say over the last 2 years my thoughts of what happened that night have changed. I was originally of the opinion that this was a fight that escalated, and ended in Allison's death. I now believe it was premeditated.

A question, if anyone knows off the top of their head, and can save me from searching. The Bruce Overland emails, particularly, the one where he says to Toni, "Leave it to me". When was that sent? It was before the one stating he would be coming to her unconditionally by July 1st 2012, I believe. It wasn't in the same email. And these emails were from before Allison went missing? Am I correct in thinking that??

The asking for funds from Bruce Flegg, he intitally asked for $400,000. To which Bruce said no, and then came back and asked via Sue Heath, for $300,000 at a later date. When she returned the call back to him to say no to that amount, I believe that was when he hatched his plan to murder Allison for the insurance money, because he replied to Sue Heath, that he had another arrangement going, or another plan. My brain is really tired, and I can't remember the exact wording.

I think he hadn't originally planned to murder her that night, but because of the phone calls with Toni, and her demands on Allison not to go to the conference the next day, he was in a bind. He couldn't tell Allison not to go. As she would know he was still in contact with Toni. He couldn't have Allison going, in case the two of them crossed paths. I think he believed that Toni wasn't buying the stalling tactics anymore, and he couldn't be sure that Toni wouldn't make a scene. So that night became the night.. The girls were tired from the cross country plus also swimming at the BC's place. They were exhausted, no way would they wake up during the night.

I believe that NBC and OBW have covered up for him. I don't understand why they would both take their cars over to the house in the morning, if NBC was to stay with the girls while GBC and OBW searched the streets. Wasn't there a facetime between GBC and NBC phones around midnight? Or has that been misinformation? Perhaps NBC came over that night, and never left.

I think I need to read back over the last few days of testimony of the girls, and OWB and NBC, to make myself a visual, a timeline of everything. Something there is hinky, and I can't quite remember what order it's all in, but I think it will all become clear if it was all in one place easy to.

April 3 I have given you a commitment and I intend to stick to it - I will be seperated by July 1

April 11 This is agony for me too. i I love you. I'm sorry you hung up on me. It sounded like you were getting very angry. I love you GG. Leave things to me now. I love you GM

http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/qu...lison-was-killed/story-fnihsrf2-1226949972244

I don't think anyone should be too concerned with the theatrics of GBC giving evidence. I think it is the only way (for the defence that is) to have it affirmed in evidence that GBC did not kill ABC. This is crucial for a defence, as a jury must be beyond reasonable doubt conclude that it was GBC that did it. One inconsistency in the whole of his evidence, and his affirmation of this one point will be useless, and in fact a verdict might then turn on that evidence. :please:

My view is, I hope he rabbits on for another day or two
, as with each word he takes aim at his foot. Make no mistake, the DPP solicitors are not bored with his rhetoric. Every one of them wants to give the QC the slam dunk question...

Wait for next week, GBC may turn witness for the prosecution.
..... sorry if this has already been posted ...... then the following day (next Wednesday) will be 1 July ..... Allison's birthday / and also the day & month that GBC said he would be free to go to Toni McHugh!!!!!

I believe the presence of alcohol is due to tissue necrosis, thus an artefact ( if this is the correct term for cadaver pathology) Samples for other assays like the antidepressant etc were sourced from the liver, where levesl are anticipated to be higher. I may be in error, as peripheral samples likely assayed as well.:twocents:

Dr Watson explained that. I believe there were no peripheral samples able to be obtained but I could be mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA