The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I struggle with the bridge in both regards. I dont think it fits with suicide at all. But I dont think it fits with GBC committing murder at the house, while the kids were asleep, transporting her body to the bridge, getting her under it, on his own, leaving no trace of Kholo Creek or a physical altercation at the house to be found (and no sign of clean up either, as reported by police). Neither scenario makes sense to me.

Not on his own, NBC and GBC dispose of the body, OW stays and watches the kids while cleaning up. IMHO.

Here you go...have a forest...:)

biz_miller-225x300.jpg

.... and don't feel bad if you need to level & burn that forest BatWoman. GBC himself would probably view it as generously providing trees with the opportunity to travel.

Is there any chance that the defence weren't fully aware of the blog and need time to get their heads around it or advise GBC about how to respond?
Otherwise I have been enjoying the image of him squirming (created by reading the tweets being shared here) just a little more than I should be. I don't think the high whiny voice or pitifully raised eyebrows are helping him out in the stand today. Loving the way the prosecution has pounced (I've been imagining the questions being delivered in a rapid-fire barrage from Fuller) on clearly illustrating his duplicitous treatment of Allison and even TM. Nope ... he's not sounding like a terribly trustworthy, caring, or self-sacrificing guy today. Let's see what kind of spin is put on the blog entry after lunch.

Just had a joyous thought - imagine what the prosecution is going to do with those scratch marks! :loveyou:

They couldn't have been aware of it - I was amazed that the entire blog hadn't been deleted 2 years ago. Sounds like they got to read out the entire thing before defence stood up too - maybe they were curious!

Well I am sure you have read about one punch deaths and how quickly life can change. So after saying shi*, shi*, shi* 100 times quietly I can imagine adrenaline would help with the rest. And we can clearly see that Gerard's logic is based around his immediate needs, and whatever makes him look like the 'good guy'. He left traces of Brookfield at Kholo Creek, just not the reverse.

Yeah, I just find it unusual that there were no traces of Kholo Creek found. Kholo Creek was pretty overgrown back then. The grass on the side where you could pull in was quite high at that time too. I just find it very odd that if there had been no cleanup obvious to the police (and I'd assume they'd have been looking for that), that after climbing around under the bridge in the middle of the night with a body, and then driving home again, that he'd have managed to do it with no traces of the place to be found. Either very lucky, very clever, or very strange. :waitasec:

Fuller should ask the details behind Allisons text to Gerard on the 19th asking if Toni was in his car. Unless it was a joke typed by a sleuther?

And Mr Baden-Clay said he didn’t tell his wife of their ongoing contact - and intended possibly never disclosing it.

Mr Fuller: “There was a real risk she (Allison) was going to walk out, wasn’t there?”

Mr Baden-Clay: “There was of course a risk.”
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/gerard-badenclay-tells-jury-he-and-allison-were-working-on-their-future/story-e6frg6nf-1226973533265
This is where Gerard should have said "she did walk out, while I was sleeping, and that's why we are here today".
:shakehead:

Yeah, I just find it unusual that there were no traces of Kholo Creek found. Kholo Creek was pretty overgrown back then. The grass on the side where you could pull in was quite high at that time too. I just find it very odd that if there had been no cleanup obvious to the police (and I'd assume they'd have been looking for that), that after climbing around under the bridge in the middle of the night with a body, and then driving home again, that he'd have managed to do it with no traces of the place to be found. Either very lucky, very clever, or very strange. :waitasec:

Don't forget she wasn't found for 11 days so plenty of time for residual evidence to disappear at Kholo.

I reckon the captiva had a thorough wash down with that hose that NBC was loading into the BWANNA mobile.

.... and don't feel bad if you need to level & burn that forest BatWoman. GBC himself would probably view it as generously providing trees with the opportunity to travel.

Yeh, yeh. Think nothing of letting the tenants burn to death.

0.30am: The jury continued to be taken through phone records on April 19 and 20, 2012.

Gerard Baden-Clay said his wife likely called her hairdresser to tell her she was on her way at 4.38pm on April 19.

Baden-Clay said he would have shortly after called his mother to let her know he had finished parent-teacher interviews and she may have asked him to pick up some sausages for dinner.

He said a call from a recruitment company calling him for a reference for an ex staff member at 4.57pm.

The accused said another call was likely his wife “touching base” to let him know she had made her hairdressing appointment.

He said Toni McHugh called him and it was during that conversation he told her his wife would be attending the same real estate conference as her the next day.

“That conversation, I can’t remember all of the details of it, but Toni was not pleased about the fact Allison was going to be at the conference the following day and I basically didn’t say very much and really didn’t respond to that,” he said.

Baden-Clay said he had no real concern about the two women attending the same conference along with hundreds of others.

He said, as an aside, his wife was not a “confrontational” person.

“There was no guarantee they were even going to see each other so I had no concerns about that, I mentioned it, I think Toni said to me in that conversation that she was going the following day and I said: ‘Oh, well, Allison’s going too’,” he said.

The accused said two calls he made at 5.10pm and 5.11pm may have been in relation to an office matter.

He said Ms McHugh called him again.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226972945594

Sorry, I'm way behind but what about the call from GBC to TM's office at 2:43pm on 19 April 2012? Why hasn't the defence mentioned that?? :banghead: GBC is making out that TM was the one persuing him and he didn't call her. BS!!

It would be interesting to see how often GBC actually said he couldn't remember particular important deets over his first couple of days in the stand - certainly none spring to mind right now. But all those minute details he used to embellish his memories of past events - an amazing memory indeed.
We could suggest that the prosecution throws in a bit of trivia - like a word association exercise using the likes of Kieran Perkins, Lady Di or Toblerone when GBC's memory needs a jog. :waitasec:

Clearly the time period surrounding his wife's disappearance was not as important as Princess Di and the Olympics. IMO.

Question, can the prosecution show the MSM interview of Gerard where he fakes being troubled by Allison's disappearance?

Even stranger would be the theory that Allison trudged over hill and dale for hours -- remembering to detour and toss her phone -- only to arrive at the bridge, at which point, rather than toss herself from the middle of the bridge, she for some reason decided to lie on her back with her arms extended above, after which she would have been required to inch her way down the slope by wriggling like a snake, finally to flop into soft mud

Becomes stranger to the point of incredulousness to suggest Allison lay in the mud, uninjured, for days, of her own choosing -- finally to die of (?) --- starvation? Thirst?

Gerard is rather insistent that he was under no financial pressure at all.. A dead giveaway.. he wants that deflected, and permanently.... not going to happen. . Every entry into any accounts book under the name of Baden-Clay, Bruce Overland, Superguy, the Brookie Stud, the Counselling Guru, the real estate mogul, the Friend of MP's, the TopStep Company, Settle Company, .. on and on and on.. bring pencils and paper and an ordinary calculator for some of these sessions coming up..

You wont need anything complicated.. toes and fingers will probably give as good an accounting as anything else.. ..

Thanks Trooper
Stressful day
Good ol' :floorlaugh: goes a long way!

:floorlaugh:
I don;t know. I'm a bit of a leftie greenie dirty hippy and I like to only burn firewood that died of natural causes. But thanks to you and Marly all the same.

It might be more appealing if I had a superman like GM here to chop and stack it all.

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 2m

The Baden Clay trial will resume with legal argument so there is likely to be a short reporting delay #badenclay

Someone suggested to me at court yesterday that a detailed time line should be shown to the jury. Would highlight lots of lies.

Hi everyone. Have just caught up as been out all morning. Todd fuller is asking great questions, many that I had hoped he would and more. The introduction of the blog is great stuff and important as it directly contradicts his evidence that Allison wasn't capable of doing much so he was Mr Mom. The blog indicates the exact opposite. Now it doesn't prove murder but it reflects on his general credibility.
I just hope Mr Fuller keeps up the questioning as the more he asks, I think the more GBC' s true persona is being revealed. He has already admitted to deceiving and lying for years.

I particularly love Mr Fullers questions about Allison being in control now for the first time and GBC not liking that at all. That's what I was saying yesterday on here and that alone could have been responsible for murder if he exploded. She was strong and the depressed Allison was a thing of the distant past. I think Mr Fuller is getting that point across.

Just keep going Mr Fuller please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member