GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been on this man like white on rice since day one because I felt he intentionally did this to his adorable little son. I was so relieved today when the Judge said this could wind up being a death penalty case.

Yet I had a different reaction to the sexting today than I thought I would have.

Instead of it convincing me he is guilty as the sin he committed it actually has puzzled me somewhat.

And the detective did make a point to say that Harris seemed well versed in the law and its terminology. We also know he looked at different sites pertaining to the criminal justice system.

So while I cant even stand to look at him.... I don't think he is a stupid man by any means. So why would he do all of the sexting and sending a photo of his erect penis on the very day that Cooper died?

He had to know that his computers, both home and work, and cell phone would be taken. Even one that doesn't even keep up with cases closely knows that just by watching normal tv shows.

If he had preplanned all of this out it seems like to me he would have made sure he was either busy doing HD work all day, texting someone and mentioning Cooper in a positive way or emailing someone at the church. That way it would appear like he was a good guy just going about his day at work.

So instead of it convincing me it was premeditated .....for the very first time ...that part just didn't add up with the preplanning. In fact it has left me very puzzled.

IMO
Hi Ocean Blue Eyes,

The only way I could see him pre-planning this crime and then showing such sorrow when he pulled Cooper from the car is if he is mental. And that doesn't follow suit with him being employed by Home Depot, Just another angle why I have a problem with it being premeditated. I don't think he was mental or HD would have let him go. He would have shown his true personality in some other way at work IMO.

I do not have any issues at all with the fact that the couple had life insurance on the child. My husband and I took out a policy on our son before he was even born that became effective the day he was born. IMO, every couple she have insurance on their child no matter what age they are...just in case. You never know if something could happen to the child (God forbid) and most young couples these days would be hard-pressed to come up with money for a funeral if the unthinkable should happen. So, the fact that they had life insurance on Cooper, means nothing to me.

Another thing is RH statement to his wife that he "dreaded how he would look". IMO, he was referring to when he says he first noticed Cooper was in the car and was pulling into the parking lot to get the baby out of the car that he dreaded how he would look.

With this said, I am NOT defending RH because I feel he did not forget Cooper was in the car in that short of time, and I do not believe a child of that age would have fallen asleep immediately upon leaving ChicFila, especially that early in the morning. Plus, I think RH most likely would have had to look over his shoulder when he was backing that car into the parking space that morning.

All MOO

I don't know if we are now allowed. She's certainly a suspect in the MSM now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not allowed, until named a suspect. :banghead: I'm gonna be good. :tantrum:

Does anyone think mom will be charged and if so what would it be? Are we allowed to post about mom?

My belief is when the text and phone info is in, there will be another arrest.......

You know.. I've been thinking about it. LH KNEW he left Cooper in the car, per the daycare and her reaction when Cooper wasn't there. Didn't she say that she did an internet search (per her disclosure to the police) because she was 'worried that it could happen.' I wonder if [modsnip] had mentioned that their lives could go back to normal without Cooper, and she questioned how [modsnip] would do it (since there is jail - nevermind your conscience and killing your baby) and maybe he told her he would leave Cooper in a car.

Maybe she went on his computer and saw the searches, videos, etc. Maybe she then looked it up herself. Maybe she thought he THOUGHT about doing it but maybe she didn't think he WOULD do it (or hoped he wouldn't.)

IMO, if they did have conversations, then I imagine that he assured her how happy they would be but also how happy Cooper would be (don't you see how hard life is? how much you hated elementary and high school? how hard it is to worry about money? do you want that for our son? let him be with Jesus! let him get a direct pass to Heaven!) This per her, IMO, bizarre comments in the eulogy.

Maybe, she slowly came to 'terms' with it so she was anticipating it. I don't know. I'm not 100% convinced she had a direct hand, but I think she knew her husband was dangerous, and I think she knew that he wanted their son dead.

Hi Ocean Blue Eyes,

The only way I could see him pre-planning this crime and then showing such sorrow when he pulled Cooper from the car is if he is mental. And that doesn't follow suit with him being employed by Home Depot, Just another angle why I have a problem with it being premeditated. I don't think he was mental or HD would have let him go. He would have shown his true personality in some other way at work IMO.

What sorrow? :(

WEBSLEUTHS will be offline tomorrow morning, July 4th, from 6AM to about 8AM PST for a software upgrade. You can get updates about the upgrade during that time on Twitter via #websleuths.

The search feature will not be fully operational for a couple of days after the upgrade, due to the amount of information on our site. It takes awhile to get that data back online.

For more information and to get answers to your questions, follow this link to our private forum:
For Members Only

Looks like JRH's "startup" web dev business site is offline...but there's a cached (un-styled, unformatted) copy. Not sure if I can post the link since he's not the only owner, but one of the witnesses stated the name of their small biz in the hearing. Mods??

I don't know why they would have to offer Leanna a deal (if she is involved) b/c they seem to have enough to convict w/o any help from her.

I think if she is arrested, it will be relatively soon. They are gathering all the evidence and putting it together for the case. They will either have a case against her soon, or they won't ever.

Does anyone think mom will be charged and if so what would it be? Are we allowed to post about mom?

I don't know if we are now allowed. She's certainly a suspect in the MSM now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not allowed, until named a suspect. :banghead: I'm gonna be good. :tantrum:

Mods have stated that we can discuss what was brought up in court today about Leanna, what her comments were at Cooper's funeral and what is in MSM.

for me it's not the actual sexting, it's the fact that he left the baby in that to die an excruciating death, then took his mind off it by going and doing that. it shows just how depraved he is. All child murderers are evil, but if there are different levels of evil he is certainly at the most vile level.

I have never contemplated killing someone, let alone my children, but I imagine most parents wanting their child dead wouldn't want them to suffer. The absolute torture that he KNEW Cooper was suffering (he watched those videos - he thoroughly researched it) is bad enough. the fact that he was sexting while it was happening is so abhorrent I'm not surprised that people are getting caught on the point. just moo.

fruity, I just grabbed your post to bring my thoughts forward here. I am still many pages behind and could not hold off any longer on making this post.

I told my daughter yesterday this murderer was going to have other women, money issues and he will claim to be bipolar. Today, I am still shocked and shaking at the prosecution's case at this point. Sadly, I believe this is going to get far worse.

IMHO, I believe the frantic sexting that day had everything to do with the murder of that innocent baby. Not to take his mind off what was occurring in the car; but, because of what was happening in the car. It makes me sick to even put this out here; but, I feel strongly that this is the case. That piece of excrement is a sexual sadist, IMHO. The sub-reddit he visited viewing people dying and his behavior that day fit the definition to a T. The Mrs. needs to be arrested as well. All IMO and MOO.

A brief explanation is provided in the link.

http://www.forensicpsychiatry.ca/paraphilia/sadism.htm

Fly high, little Cooper.

You know.. I've been thinking about it. LH KNEW he left Cooper in the car, per the daycare and her reaction when Cooper wasn't there. Didn't she say that she did an internet search (per her disclosure to the police) because she was 'worried that it could happen.' I wonder if [modsnip] had mentioned that their lives could go back to normal without Cooper, and she questioned how [modsnip] would do it (since there is jail - nevermind your conscience and killing your baby) and maybe he told her he would leave Cooper in a car.

Maybe she went on his computer and saw the searches, videos, etc. Maybe she then looked it up herself. Maybe she thought he THOUGHT about doing it but maybe she didn't think he WOULD do it (or hoped he wouldn't.)

IMO, if they occurred, then he assured her how happy they would be but also how happy Cooper would be (don't you see how hard life is? how much you hated elementary and high school? how hard it is to worry about money? do you want that for our son? let him be with Jesus! let him get a direct pass to Heaven!) This per her, IMO, bizarre comments in the eulogy.

Maybe, she slowly came to 'terms' with it so she was anticipating it. I don't know. I'm not 100% convinced she had a direct hand, but I think she knew her husband was dangerous, and I think she knew that he wanted their son dead.

She didn't even ask about her dead son, what happened to him, anything.
She only asked LE about her husband.

And when she saw her husband, she asked him "did you say too much?"

If Leanna went to the daycare at 4:51 to pick up Cooper, (when she said "Ross must have left him in the car"), wouldn't the daycare people have told her that Cooper had died?

He left work at 4:16, it takes about 10 minutes (probably less) to get to Akers Mill.

What time was this 6 minute phone call from Ross to the daycare? It had to be after 4:51 right?

Just re-watching the hearing from today and this is bugging me.

She didn't even ask about her dead son, what happened to him, anything.
She only asked LE about her husband.

And when she saw her husband, she asked him "did you say too much?"

I say give them matching orange jumpsuits and new jewelry for their wrists and ankles.

Mods have stated that we can discuss what was brought up in court today about Leanna, what her comments were at Cooper's funeral and what is in MSM.

Refer to my post above, and hugs dear friend!! Glad to see familiar faces here!!

ETA> Never mind.........saw you did. :floorlaugh:

He sexually excited him to think he would soon be childless and also that he had so much control over another human being! He was sexual aroused by the suffering of his little son and his new found freedom!

He also never, never imagined he would be charged with a felony and have cops going through his devices! He genuinely thought, at worst, he might get charged with some misdemeanor child negligent and even that would get thrown out! He didn't think for a second it would turn out this way. He picked this mode of death for his child because he believed 100% he would get away with it!

his being sexually excited while his child is dying is something I am most disturbed about ..... and it emphasizes to me at least the depths of hell .... and the evil this man is capable of --- there are linkages there that civilized people don't normally entertain

aka bernardo and homolka -- shades of ....

If Leanna went to the daycare at 4:51 to pick up Cooper, (when she said "Ross must have left him in the car"), wouldn't the daycare people have told her that Cooper had died?

He left work at 4:16, it takes about 10 minutes (probably less) to get to Akers Mill.

What time was this 6 minute phone call from Ross to the daycare? It had to be after 4:51 right?

Just re-watching the hearing from today and this is bugging me.

Not unless one of his "sexting buddies" works at the day care and THAT is who he was on the phone with. Harris could have said absolutely nothing about what he had done to Cooper during that phone call.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member