The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 7th July - Trial Day 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding point 2, we were under strict instructions not to groan/smile/frown etc for fear of being thrown out of court ha ha! I was in court 11 in very close proximity to the accused's family. Am I allowed to elaborate on body language or comments made by them?:scared:

I have in the past and nothing has been said. I think that's why we like people from here to be in the actual court so that none of that atmosphere is missed.

Regarding point 2, we were under strict instructions not to groan/smile/frown etc for fear of being thrown out of court ha ha! I was in court 11 in very close proximity to the accused's family. Am I allowed to elaborate on body language or comments made by them?:scared:

Yes I believe you can. Tweets reported groans from the gallery in some parts today!

I am going back through the rest of the comments from the defence today...yes the air of misogyny is very thick...just makes me so frustrated. GBC has to be convicted...

Oh thank you Trooper, I couldn't have put this better! That is exactly what it felt like in court today.

stand firm against it, Ane..... those words, under Gerards instructions are the dribblings of an incompetent man who will be in a locked cell for years.. stand firm against it..

Was that in Australia, or should I not ask?

It happened in Brisbane unfortunately - it was quite a few years ago now. I am only wary of saying things that might not be correct but there are still links to news stories about the case I believe. <modsnip>

Hello Snails, thanks for your reports today. You sure you're not actually a Court reporter? You didn't miss a thing.

I prolly shouldn't answer the Legal Aid question, as I'm not verified, but the lovely Alioop shouldn't be too far away :) If you can't wait, I believe she addressed it upthread somewheres.

I'm a court reporter in training. Actually I'm just an "out of towner" that found myself in Brisbane today with a few spare hours to spend in court today, and tomorrow too. More court reports coming your way. Wish I'd bought more sheets of A4 paper with me. Anyway, hopefully Alioop can answer my question re the payment of QC Bynes fees. Is it on legal aid?

That is fine to discuss thanks Anemone!

I am going back through the rest of the comments from the defence today...yes the air of misogyny is very thick...just makes me so frustrated. GBC has to be convicted...

I remove Byrne from the equation.. he speaks under Gerards instruction.. it was laid on with a trowel.. I had to turn away from the texts at times, .. one can only take so much applied and determined misogyny per hour... and this wasn't subtle, either..

I know that many people will not believe me when I state, under oath, that for the first time I felt a twinge of empathy for Ms McHugh... I cant explain it, it probably wont last for long.. but there it is.. I did..

It happened in Brisbane unfortunately - it was quite a few years ago now. I am only wary of saying things that might not be correct but there are still links to news stories about the case I believe. <modsnip>

Ok that'd be good :)
I like to read up on local cases I haven't heard of before!

I know that many people will not believe me when I state, under oath, that for the first time I felt a twinge of empathy for Ms McHugh... I cant explain it, it probably wont last for long.. but there it is.. I did..

She certainly seems to have dodged a bullet...well, not literally, but...you know what I mean.

I remove Byrne from the equation.. he speaks under Gerards instruction.. it was laid on with a trowel.. I had to turn away from the texts at times, .. one can only take so much applied and determined misogyny per hour... and this wasn't subtle, either..

As long as it was only brief and bought on by the overt misogyny...because she really should have figured out he wasn't honestly interested at some point within the 3 years they were having it off...yes he mislead her to an extent but she kept coming back. It's just sad and pathetic more than anything...

I recall that before the phone was put on charger , somebody tried to make a video call to Nigel's number after midnight. That did not walk so an ordinary call was made. I wonder what happened to that piece of evidence.
I think the texpert found that the FaceTime call was a 'false positive' - I still don't understand how that happens, but we must assume it did not occur.

ETA oops sorry even when I speedread this thread continuously all day, it remains out in front of me like that elusive little bunny at the greyhound races!

Regarding the Razor - I think even after GBC had handed the safety disposable razor in to the Police - he was still 'giving the misleading impression' that it was an old fashioned blade shaver he had cut himself with.
He used the word 'shaver' to the Police - and to the Doctor (who testified) who had not seen the Razor.

Forensic Procedure Order: (DSC Cameron McLeod) -
8. While speaking to the suspect I made observations of his face. On the right hand side cheek the defendant had distinct scratches which he stated were caused from using an old shaver.

Dr Kumar: 48th Witness: In re-examination by Crown prosecutor Danny Boyle, Dr Kumar said she interpreted that Baden-Clay told her he used an old-fashioned razor where you had to screw in the blade.
She agreed she had since seen the disposable razor found in the Baden-Clay home.
(*Busted GBC)

I think that GBC really didn't anticipate getting caught in his own web of deceipt again - I think he was trying it on the Police and the Doctor - until they wanted to see the 'shaver' that had done so much damage to his face.
No where in the trial can I find GBC saying or calling it a shaver.
I think he knew early in the piece he wasn't going to get away with old fashioned blunt bladed Shaver.

*my edit

I think the texpert found that the FaceTime call was a 'false positive' - I still don't understand how that happens, but we must assume it did not occur.

There was a fault in the software the police used to retrieve the information from the phone. They contacted the manufacturer of the software who confirmed it was in error. (Short answer) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard