The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 8th July - Trial Day 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poss I don't think Fuller was inferring Bruce (GBC) emailed TM whilst they were at the relationship counsellor Carmel Ritchie's rooms. I think it was more a sarcastic comment based on his belief Allison was doing all in her power to save her marriage and was of the belief GBC was also, but the truth was GBC was still in contact with TM via the Bruce email method behind Allisons back.
Hi Toe and Possum
I think it is more damning than that. Allison saw Carmel Ritchie the first time by herself. I think the Crown must have built up a timeline and I think that the email from Gerred aka Bruce to TM stating that he loved her etc blah blah blah was written at the same time as Allison was having her first meeting with Camel Ritchie.

Perhaps he took the captiva to "look" for Allison as whatever he needed to dispose of inc phone was already in that car and he didn't want his dad who had arrived by then or the girls to see those items being transferred to the prado.
Also perhaps for the same reason Todd suggested he took the captiva to Kholo, it was less conspicuous if he was using it to dispose of items.

Today at one point I thought Fuller was implying that Allison had changed into the clothes she was found in when she got home after the hairdresser? I'd wondered about that myself on and off - that maybe the details about checked pyjama pants etc. had been added to fit with his story about the early morning walk. I think I recall that one of Allison's daughters described the same pj outfit, but this could have been info planted and reinforced in the poor child's mind by the GBC & co. to fit as well. I always thought it strange that GBC saw fit to highlight the fact that she was specifically wearing blue hiking socks (his as it happens) in his description - possibly an example of that extraneous info he seems prone to adding at every opportunity, therefore also possibly untrue.
To me it makes sense that on the evening before she was reported missing, Allison could have been wearing those same comfy clothes she was found in - kind of loose, after work, dag around the house gear. I have no trouble believing that Allison could have owned those xl pants just because they were soft and comfy - I don't think it's rare for women to own a pair of 'fat pants'. The detail GBC went into describing the pyjamas, socks, etc, and the fact that Allison was on the couch watching the Footy Show of all things (establishing a timeline for himself) to me again is too much info = possibly the opposite of what was true.

Glad you mentioned it Catswhiskers re clothing Allison had on after hairdresser. I was a page behind and just posted regarding Fuller saying she may have already had the clothes on that she was found in.

Did I also note on Chanel 9 News this evening that Mr T Fuller QC was wearing a yellow tie today.
Really? Fuller QC was wearing a yellow tie? Yellow for Allison's favorite colour.
If true, reminds me of the police force members and others who wore white ribbons at the trial of Simon Gitany.
The significance? White ribbons; violence against women. This trial is about .....
I was extremely touched by this gesture. The gesture was silent. The problem was and is silent.

My thoughts on this have always been that Allison was wearing her daggies after a big day (I know the pants are huge,but could have been from pregnancy days, I confess I have been known to wear such things when having a lazy night in), and the kids just presumed they were what they would call her pyjamas, as mine probably would if they saw me at night lying on the couch in such attire. It wasn't her walking gear, it was her lazy night in gear. I don't think he changed her - at a stretch I think he may have put her shoes on if she didn't already have them on. I thought this was what Fuller was getting at too. Would be interested to see others thoughts, I could be way off! Will have to do a re-read. I think GBC mentioning the pyjamas at this late stage may have been on the back of hearing his daughter mention them in her interview - to throw PT off - who knows. Funny they were never mentioned until then.

Well said Thinking and I totally agree. I suggested last year some time that Allison probably came home and dressed in her comfy clothes that doubled as pj's. One of the girls said that Allison was wearing her pyjamas but didn't describe the colour etc. GBC seized on this and embellished it all, as he's want to do. He fell flat on his face with that one too. :jail:

The thing that stands out about Todd Fullers argument. Nothing needs to be inflated, nothing needs to be embellished and nothing needs to be pre-prepared. It is simply the fact that a man (GBC) decided he needed an out in his relationship. Allison was the one trying to make sure the relationship continued. But....has Byrne addressed the fact that GBC and ABC were less than happy? Has Byrne identified what could make GBC stray away from Allison? NUP! So we have to assume that GBC was wanting to continue his life with Allison. At what cost?

Such a good summary, Liadan. Perfectly said.

Toddy boy... * smooch to other cheek (from LB1) (Trooper got first smooch) heh heh!

Toddy boy... * supersmartstonecoldfox
Supersmartstonecoldfox ... Has ultra perceptive talents.
Supersmartstonecoldfox ... Has ability to see things in their raw state.
Supersmartstonecoldfox ... Is henceforth from this day onwards, held in highest esteem by all normal Australians, and all websleuthers. Held in high esteem by people world wide.
Todd Fuller (aka supersmartstonecoldfox), shall henceforth go into the Annals of Australian history as one of the best!
Fuller QC faced a slippery crooked conniving cheating con-artist criminal adversary; and Fuller never once flinched. He faced him head on and he was not persuaded by extravagant tales of fancy or any red herrings, or travel extravaganza tales, or supposed references according to genealogical inferences.
No. Fuller cut through all the crap with his eyes firmly fixed upon the goal.
Fuller stuck to the subject, murder most foul.
Mr Todd Fuller, Sir, you have my utmost admiration. Thank you.

Ummm, I'll have what ever she's having . :toastred::crosseyed:

That was my interpretation too.

Also, I didn't quite follow (and think I missed something) in relation to what TF said today about the clothes Allison was wearing, and it seems no further mention of the pyjamas. Would be interested to hear what others made of today's comments about the clothes.

I think Fuller's saying there were no pyjamas, the clothes that Alison was wearing watching TV that night were those she was found in. As several people have said in earlier posts, the baggy pants Alison was wearing were more likely those one would wear to lounge around at home and not the type to wear out walking.

Sorry everyone I replied to this earlier post and have now noticed it has been well and truly covered in more recent posts.

Just an overwhelming need to post...after reading Marleywings tribute and sunflower picture to QC Fuller..couldn't get the quote post function to work, but that is I immaterial...
My point is, just felt thus amazing surge of energy from beautiful Allison as I saw this post of thanks from Marley.. I truly believe her Spirit is guiding this crown summation....I just had an overwhelming feeling of her thanks, guidance and affirmation for QC a Fuller. Can't explain , but just need to share this certainty xx

Hi Toe and Possum
I think it is more damning than that. Allison saw Carmel Ritchie the first time by himself. I think the Crown must have built up a timeline and I think that the email from Gerred aka Bruce to TM stating that he loved her etc blah blah blah was written at the same time as Allison was having her first meeting with Camel Ritchie.

Thanks total, that's what I thought too.

Racking my brains here about what else Fuller might still have to add tomorrow - he seems to have covered everything perfectly. How about the order in which GBC contacted various folks that morning, including the early call to the police and the offhand manner in which he spoke to Allison's parents when he eventually got around to speaking to them.
My take on the police contact is that he was itching to get the show on the road as it were. Full of sickening nerves and tension and probably couldn't delay the call any longer - he was probably watching the time all night wondering when it would be an acceptable time to raise the alarm.
I'd also bet that he certainly wouldn't have expected the police to come calling so soon - he probably thought his call would be noted and that nothing much would be done until later in the day. The fact that he was apparently dressed for work when the Dickie's arrived shows that he was all business as usual and probably planning to head to the office to make a bit of a show of being the concerned husband for a while at least.

And just to add to the gushing over Todd Fuller - he sure did a brilliant job carefully and reasonably laying out all the key evidence in order and in a way it would be easily understood even by folks who hadn't followed the case closely. No dramas or far reaching theories at all - just everything laid out and explained calmly and compassionately.

Perhaps he took the captiva to "look" for Allison as whatever he needed to dispose of inc phone was already in that car and he didn't want his dad who had arrived by then or the girls to see those items being transferred to the prado.
Also perhaps for the same reason Todd suggested he took the captiva to Kholo, it was less conspicuous if he was using it to dispose of items.

I agree, the fact that Allison's phone last connected at Fig Tree Pocket at 6.31am on the 20th, when it did not have a history of this connection, could indicate that GBC disposed of it on his "search" for Allison.
It is so said that a beautiful women who wanted to be loved and to love in return should meet with such contempt and disregard for her life.
RIP Allison.

Mr Fuller said the child, aged 10, told police she could not remember what her mum was wearing when she last saw her.

He said the girl then told police she thought she might have been wearing a white sloppy jacket and pyjama pants.

He said the girl told police her mum was not dressed in work clothes.

Mr Fuller asked whether it was inconceivable Ms Baden-Clay had put on the clothes in which she was found in when she got home from the hairdressers on April 19, 2012.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226980999956

Racking my brains here about what else Fuller might still have to add tomorrow - he seems to have covered everything perfectly. How about the order in which GBC contacted various folks that morning, including the early call to the police and the offhand manner in which he spoke to Allison's parents when he eventually got around to speaking to them.
My take on the police contact is that he was itching to get the show on the road as it were. Full of sickening nerves and tension and probably couldn't delay the call any longer - he was probably watching the time all night wondering when it would be an acceptable time to raise the alarm.
I'd also bet that he certainly wouldn't have expected the police to come calling so soon - he probably thought his call would be noted and that nothing much would be done until later in the day. The fact that he was apparently dressed for work when the Dickie's arrived shows that he was all business as usual and probably planning to head to the office to make a bit of a show of being the concerned husband for a while at least.

And just to add to the gushing over Todd Fuller - he sure did a brilliant job carefully and reasonably laying out all the key evidence in order and in a way it would be easily understood even by folks who hadn't followed the case closely. No dramas or far reaching theories at all - just everything laid out and explained calmly and compassionately.

Yes I've always thought that he thought they would say ' no no we don't consider them missing till it's been 24 hours [emoji41]

Well, today was the day we had been waiting & hoping for.

I think Mr Todd Fuller QC lived up to all our expectations & more. :takeabow:

Most of what we have discussed over the past 2+ years was heard before the court today. He was thorough, without being "over the top". A great voice for Allison.

But thanks to Allison she left her mark & certainly did not leave this earth without a mighty fight.

I so hope, that somehow, Allison knows how many people are fighting for her.

Justice will be done & GBC will have a long time to think about his actions & cry into his cereal each morning.

I hope the jurors think like us.

Today was a GOOD day & tomorrow will be the same :razz:

I'm betting he's got a turd headbutting his undies.
:floorlaugh::facepalm::facepalm:

On that note...goodnight ....thank you to everyone, I feel today was Allison's day. May tomorrow and the rest of the week bring justice.

Newbie here but have been following since the beginning as I knew one of Alison's relatives and was with her on the day she was notified she was missing. Haven't commented to avoid saying something I shouldn't. While I've only been reading the threads here on what was said in court today, I can't help but think that Fuller missed a very damning piece of evidence. I can't recall what was said exactly, but if my recollection is correct, didn't one of the girls say that the toys were in the shed/carport? waiting to be picked up by someone/charity? Happy for someone to dismiss that as I don't have time to go and search the records.

Yep, GBC put a price on Allison's head - and he thought he could get away with taking her life and collecting the money.
How clever he must have thought he was planning this all.
How wrong he was!
(rsbm)

Indeed. He's been outfoxed. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads