The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 9th July - Trial Day 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am betting Toni won't be coming to see him on visiting days. Guilty for me.

When Fuller said something along the lines of "so what choice did he have left but to kill his wife", I was watching EBC and she tilted head back, smiled and scoffed, kind of a "hummph" and slightly shook her head as if it were all simply ridiculous.

Have not read the thread but first up this morning the judge told the court that someone "wearing purple" had approached the jury or a member of the jury and asked them what their opinion was if they had to give odds for or against a guilty verdict... Something along those lines. Wow people are stupid!
Olivia wearing purple today. Lol

Goodness me! Is EBC wearing her purple puffy shiny jacket today (which makes her look like Grimace IMO)?

So, while we have a break, what was today's note passing talk about? Was from the other day or is there a second note? Anybody know? Scratch that

Have not read the thread but first up this morning the judge told the court that someone "wearing purple" had approached the jury or a member of the jury and asked them what their opinion was if they had to give odds for or against a guilty verdict... Something along those lines. Wow people are stupid!

I have noticed the predominance of wearing something among the two BC women and other women who are with them sometimes. Does anyone know what this signifies, if anything?

Gerard and family were smiling and exchanging briefly before court was in session this morning. One of them tapped on glass of dock and he turned around and they had a brief exchange. Got to look him in the face from a few metres away. I got a shock because I was looking at the other side of room wondering where he would be seated, then there he was right there!

If the parents are not there, I'd say they have left the country. Back to Bwana Land. More arrests after he's found guilty and spills the beans on his accomplice/s?
He will never spill the beans or admit his guilt....it is not in his DNA....maintain the facade at all costs...maintain the stiff upper lip....appeal....cry 'poor innocent me'....
It is also the only thing he has left in terms of the girls....deny, deny, deny...

As my son used to say ....'what a looser'......l

What I got from the judge summing up was look at the hard evidence and not the dribble of lies that were told.
Not suicide.
Journal
Emails to Toni
Scratch marks on face
Financial situation
Phone charger
Blood in car
Leaves in hair
Why he called the police so early
Missing phone
Motive is obvious but not required. Opportunity is there and definitely the means to do
Guilty as charged. Case closed IMO. Fingers crossed. Then go get NBC for helping

Is anyone left with any reasonable doubt that he killed her, based on the evidence presented in Court?

I've tried to keep an open mind from the beginning to now. I'm absolutely convinced he killed her and disposed of her or asked someone to help him dispose of her but I'm still undecided whether it was murder or manslaughter. My opinion is changing all the time.

On the one hand, I still doubt he has the guts for murder. I'm having pictures in my mind of them having a fight and him trying to quieten her and accidentally blocking her nose and mouth at the same time, causing her to die.
Then again, I doubt that she'd be the kind of person getting hysterical anywhere close to her children and risking that they'd be affected in any way. This means the wouldn't have been the need to keep her quiet and therefore no accident. Which would lead to the conclusion that is was cold blooded murder.
Either way, he should spend many, many years behind bars.

I have noticed the predominance of wearing something among the two BC women and other women who are with them sometimes. Does anyone know what this signifies, if anything?
They think they are royalty....purple is an old royal colour....or used for mourning....more recently used as a colour that strong woman wear...take your pick...I think either the first or second option....

again, my heartfelt thanks to Amee, Sleuthy, Prime who did the relays, pushing ahead against problems with the server, and to Freya for the diamonds from the courthouse... fabulous stuff..

OMG. Words fail me....

When Fuller said something along the lines of "so what choice did he have left but to kill his wife", I was watching EBC and she tilted head back, smiled and scoffed, kind of a "hummph" and slightly shook her head as if it were all simply ridiculous.

Well EBC, if Gerard did not kill Allison, who did? How did she end up at Kholo Creek? How did her blood end up in the Captiva? How did 6 plant samples from the garden at Brookfield house end up in her hair? Who put the phone back on the charger? EBC can't honestly believe that GBC is innocent? Can she????

On the colour wheel, purple is directly opposing yellow. In colour terms, yellow is the exact opposite of purple.

They think they are royalty....purple is an old royal colour....or used for mourning....more recently used as a colour that strong woman wear...take your pick...I think either the first or second option....

Nah, you're overthinking it.

Purple = not depressed

So, while we have a break, what was today's note passing talk about? Was from the other day or is there a second note? Anybody know? Scratch that

It must be a second approach. The first one was June 30th, second one Tuesday

10:16am: Earlier, the court heard members of the jury were "approached" on Tuesday.

Justice john Byrne thanked the jurors for bringing the "approach" to his attention and said the Court Sheriff would investigate the matter.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-17-week-5-20140709-3bluf.html#ixzz36wChCHws

I keep coming back to "It doesn't matter one iota what I think, it's what the jury thinks that counts!" I'm trying to look at it from that angle because we have a lot more information than the jury and have been analysing the bejeebus out of it for years. It's hard to be objective.

Oh, the purple people eaters are on the case?

On the colour wheel, purple is directly opposing yellow. In colour terms, yellow is the exact opposite of purple.

Purple ribbons:
Bullying
Suicide prevention
Epilepsy awareness
Pagan Pride
LGBT hate crime awareness
Testicular and gynaecological cancers
Migraine
Drug overdose
...and the list goes on
Google is my friend

Status