The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 9th July - Trial Day 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think their certainty was because that kind of info would be in the bail hearing or because they had some inside knowledge?

I'm not sure & I didn't question her reply.

Nah, you're overthinking it.

Purple = not depressed

Apparently "radiant orchid" aka purple is the Pantone colour of the year. Having said that, I'm seeing more coral than purple in the shops :)

If a third party was involved, why would the police have to wait until after G's trial to lay charges? I genuinely don't know, so if anyone else can explain this it would be greatly appreciated!

a new charge of interfering with a corpse { not murder or manslaughter ] against a third party that is a completely new defendant and completely NEW charge . putting it simply nbc helping him with the body

The following day on the phone he sounded "distressed" and told her Allison was missing, that they couldn't talk and told her to "lay low".

On 21 April, he rang to say police would need to speak to her and said: "Tell the truth. Just tell the truth."

McHugh said Baden-Clay rang her while she was in the interview room to find out whether she had told police they were back together, and she said yes.

She told the court he told her in a later phone conversation: "I need you to know that I don't know what's happened here. I need you to know I love you."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/16/gerard-baden-clay-promised-leave-wife

GBC rang TM to tell her police need to speak to her. The police were one step ahead of GBC and got to TM first

According to the crystal site: Color Purple - is the color of good judgment. It is the color of people seeking spiritual fulfillment. Doesnt Mrs Bwana wear a lot of black and white stripes as well. A Zebra can't change its stripes LOL

Apparently "radiant orchid" aka purple is the Pantone colour of the year. Having said that, I'm seeing more coral than purple in the shops :)

We are normally six months behind. Northern hemisphere sets the trends.

would also explain why the girls heard nothing good thinking kg1, I have always thought they fought and he choked her but outside makes more sense

Also Fuller said there is an air conditioner located where the girls slept, if GBC had it on it would have masked any sounds like the car driving off.

I agree.. so many things he jumped the gun on...
But that in itself is abig red flag.. If Allison was only supposed to have gone for a walk, only running a little late..why would you be calling, without first seeing if you could find her. He said he didn't want to be alarmist, but that's exactly what he was doing. You would think only when you have done all things possible- like looking for her yourself and after decent amount of time had passed, then it might be time to call the authorities. But he jumped the gun also on ringing the friends the kids were having sleepover with too- early- before he had contacted Allison's parents, as though he knew she would not be back that night..

I'm still inclined to think it all happened outdoors on that night - Scraps definitely was disturbed and it was a disturbance which caused Scraps to bark and carry on the way he did. I think it went from the patio area to the carport and at some point Allison was knocked down and fatally killed by head injury. No blood there necessarily, but perhaps blood from split lip or other minor injury with little blood loss. Blood will not pump after death occurs. MOO For what it is worth - I have always believed that GBC is guilty of murder and hopefully the jury will find the same.
It is not unknown for dogs to start howling when a human spirit is leaving it's mortal coil.
Perhaps Scraps was witness to both the killing (barking) and the spirit leaving (howling)
Weren't there other dogs in the neighbour-hood howling as well that night?

a new charge of interfering with a corpse { not murder or manslaughter ] against a third party that is a completely new defendant and completely NEW charge

I'm guessing that what you mean is that perhaps someone related to G moved A's body after the fact? If so, wouldn't the evidence supporting that have been presented, and that person charged? I just don't get why a second party could traipse around free when they are implicated in such a dastardly crime.

According to the crystal site: Color Purple - is the color of good judgment. It is the color of people seeking spiritual fulfillment. Doesnt Mrs Bwana wear a lot of black and white stripes as well. A Zebra can't change its stripes LOL
I actually wonder if the purple is somehow representative of the Baden-clay (Baden-powell) name. Like a colour harking back to the days of a family crest and the colours used in it.. or they just like purple.. or they think they are royal.. or trying to counteract all the sea of yeallow and support for Allison, just another little dig, thumbing their noses at all those supporters in defiance.

Well EBC, if Gerard did not kill Allison, who did? How did she end up at Kholo Creek? How did her blood end up in the Captiva? How did 6 plant samples from the garden at Brookfield house end up in her hair? Who put the phone back on the charger? EBC can't honestly believe that GBC is innocent? Can she????

She could and most probably does. She is his mother!!! She raised him and nothing in her wants to believe that he was capable of murdering anyone. Yes I believe that they have a strong family loyalty and are somewhat snobbish and self righteous. But really they have been thrown into this mire as well. I don't think it helps to add rumor to the stories about his family helping him and being in the know. If they are NOT and were not then they will immediately condemn the media/ for the lies. They will believe that lies are being told about Gerard because lies are being told about them also. Yes their evidence was biased towards making Gerard looking better but they will come unstuck. I sure wouldn't like to be in their shoes!! I just don't think it is helpful to put forth rumor as fact.

would also explain why the girls heard nothing good thinking kg1, I have always thought they fought and he choked her but outside makes more sense

I can't help but think he may've put her in something i.e. tarp or sheet that may've been outside/near patio which may've collected some of the backyard plant matter prior to her placement, put her in the captiva wrapped in that then rolled it down the driveway as to not alert neighbours or kids. May also answer the possible material burn on shoulder/chest area also. JMO

I'm guessing that what you mean is that perhaps someone related to G moved A's body after the fact? If so, wouldn't the evidence supporting that have been presented, and that person charged? I just don't get why a second party could traipse around free when they are implicated in such a dastardly crime.

Maybe if you want to charge someone with accessory to murder, you have to first prove the murder has occurred?
No idea really but if there's more charges to come you can bet your bottom dollar people are being closely observed.

you know, Surfee.. that's the one thing I veer from side to side on. About the only thing.. all along, I figured she would be the first to request to be on his visitors list. .. conjugal visit, no less.. even after her evidence in court , I was firmly of that opinion.. . now I swing a bit after his evidence in regard to Toni.. that relationship was as queer as it gets.. .. she liked to be kicked to the kerb, and he liked to kick her to the kerb, it was, ( is? ) a perfect match in so many ways..

As the days have gone by since his evidence and his defence summing up.. ( Toni 'Wallpaper' McHugh ) .. I wonder if that's been an OK thing between them. She gives him permission to publicise her as this, and he relishes the opportunity to do it. A symbiotic thing..a means to an end.. ..

I don't dwell on it too much because it's unproductive, and god knows, I will never get a resolvement of it.. ..

but say, 8 years down the track.. wouldn't surprise me if Gerard applied for some registration of Toni as partner while he serves his time..

I actually agree, I think she's still not over for him and still hopes for a future - eg. she was crying in the stand - most women, two years down the track, would be disgusted and angry with him for what he had done, but she stole a look at him and cried. To me, she's still got feelings for him.

I was reliably told that they had to get big g first then lay new charge so as to not complicate gbc trial . lets face it they can charge him whenever they like there is no statute of limitation

Maybe if you want to charge someone with accessory to murder, you have to first prove the murder has occurred?
No idea really but if there's more charges to come you can bet your bottom dollar people are being closely observed.

This is exactly why I think some members of the family will take an extended trip overseas when this is finished.

Judge says Toni said she "lost it". Gerard needed to tell Allison, it wasn't fair on either of them. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 4s

Judge says Toni said she asked Gerard what he was going to do. Gerard spoke about selling the business. #badenclay

Judge says Toni called Gerard from the conference the next day to ask where Allison was. #badenclay

Judge says Toni was at police station next day. Gerard called, said "just answer yes or no, have you told them we are back together?

This is new to me, I have only read that Gerard said something like, 'just tell the truth.' I think, 'yes or no' indicates evasiveness and deception.

Good grief :(

I think Olivia will be a howling mess if the verdict is guilty. I don't think she will cope and will need to be helped from the courtroom.

My opinion is he killed her in the bedroom, smothered her on the bed. Easy to get on top of her and hold down the pillow or cushion over her face. If she already had a cold and had some breathing difficulty due to that it would have made things even easier for him.

Yep I think the bedroom too...only because there were more photos of that room than any of the others.

Not that we're likely to know what happened but I think, Allison, after the lengths she went to attempting to hold her marriage together, she somehow heard or found out GBC was once again back with TM.

And with all the talk about there not being a "prince" ...GBC may have thrown that at her just to be a <modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get