GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/20/erin-corwin-chronicle-facebook/12905463/ July 20 things we know interesting background...she does sound like a girly girl, except for the horse rescue. Not a hiker camper get your boots dirty type of girl. Photography...JT is so overwhelming from the moment you enter the park. There are so many nooks and crannies and I so fear that she was tucked away inside. Since her car was found outside the back gate, I'd like to know if she used this entrance...we used to long ago when we were young and lived "on base". Either someone knew enough to know it would MAKE IT look like someone couldn't get it back on base...*dep on national status even with your basetag you are stopped for ID* Or someone knew to park it there because she used this gate. There are so many details about her life NOT coming from her husband that it's distressing to say the least. One more thing; to kill her before a MIL comes to visit....no one knows what is going on inside a marriage. I Dont care if you are family or neighbors, unless you know them well enough and have Spent Time Inside the home with this couple we do not know how their relationship was going. I find it very interesting that so far the only searches and warrants are for their cars and for their home. One cannot forget tha major snafu that the base made in NC when McDonald killed his family. IF this happened off base, SanBerdo would be involved, its' my humble opinion that the base security...and MPs as well as JAG are more involved than the public realizes. If you come from a Military background then you know what I mean. This happened on Gov property...and could end up a federal case. She was last seen alive in her home, On Base.

IT's too large to scout for Places to go...sorry. I dont buy it. Even if she verified it with her mother it still doesn't make sense ....that's what I'm getting at. It's not a National Park where you try to scout out the best places...it's way too large. It's too fantastic. And there are way too many nooks and crannies to hide a body in that place. I've camped and spent many many a day at JT. In my youth and as an adult. We don't even know for sure said "witness" saw erin; he could have seen someone else altogether. Any woman that goes missing pregnant, sorry but the stats point towards the husband military or not. [modsnip]

Warrants should be issued for her medical history. All medical history. And, I find that her car being parked at the back gate way too much of a coinkydink...only someone who KNEW her would park it there. Only someone who knew this was her way In...and that she Was Military....someone who was in for an abduction of a woman would not take her car back to the base gate. Not in a million years.[modsnip] .

Her mother confirmed that Erin told her she was going to go to JTNP to scout out location for them to go when she got in town for her visit...not just to take pictures to show her mother. So its not just her husband's story.

Mels, that story came out very early that the mother said her daughter was going to JT and in that same interview the mother said she talked at length to her on the phone that Friday, perhaps for an hour. In rereading, I don't think the two are related. It seemed a first glance that Erin told her mom she was going to JT, but when I listened really carefully, it appears Erin didn't tell her that. She never says when I talked to her, Erin said she was going to JT. Or, Erin told me she would be going to JT.

Just to be clear, I do think Erin told Jonathan that, and he passed that statement on to LE and Erin's family. But, IMHO, that doesn't mean she actually did go there - although when this story broke I felt sure she did go there.

I think that they have to treat it as a crime until proven otherwise. You really only get one chance to collect evidence.

Mel

I agree. It seems to me like they've been treating it as a criminal investigation from early on. I'd love to be wrong!

You're right. I was the victim of theft, and had the guy prosecuted. When he was given a release date from jail, I was getting calls from Vinelink and they left a message saying I would get a call every 20 minutes until I notified them to stop. I couldn't stop the calls until I got a password. It was nuts, but I guess necessary if you are afraid of your perp. When he did get out, the calls started again and I had to do it all again. I hadn't even signed up either! I could track this man via Vinelink using my password. It's a legal org.

Oh, wow, that's interesting!

I had never looked at Vinelink, so I couldn't comment on it. In my post above, I just wanted to add that if someone did not trust Vinelink for whatever reason, they could find arrest records by looking online in the county in which the arrest was made. I'd provide a link, but I don't want to violate TOS. But it seems the whole Vinelink question was just a misunderstanding.

I learn something new here everyday!

Please add or Wife looses it, could be a female involved in this IF it's true about the affair and IF that marine is also married. It would really help to know who they are and the color of their cars, wouldn't it....

I agree. It seems to me like they've been treating it as a criminal investigation from early on. I'd love to be wrong!

Once you officially name suspect, they have rights that come into play. The longer you can pretend you don't have a suspect the better for the investigation. I believe if anyone were named a suspect, they would have the right to a court appointed attorney. And we all know what that does to an investigation.

There are so many details about her life NOT coming from her husband that it's distressing to say the least.

This is from an old article that I just read this morning:
"He can't speak out, his command has asked him to be quiet.. He feels helpless because he can't help with the search."
http://www.kesq.com/news/marines-mother-breaks-silence-on-search-for-daughterinlaw/26857092

He may know much of the info that has come out, but obviously is unable to talk to news media.

It takes me to the videos but when I click on the videos, they won't play. I can see that there are 5 videos there, but I can't get them to play. Is there a trick besides clicking on the video arrow in the middle of the vid?

I do not have a video arrow in middle of the screen so I just clicked on the circle at the bottom and it plays.

Whoops ...guess you are talking about the page that has the 5 videos instead of the individual videos. Did you double click the arrow?

I am not having any problems with the link below.

http://s275.photobucket.com/user/Gr...en near where her car was found?sort=6&page=1

Remember the comment made many days ago, that when Jon "returned home" he realized the animals hadn't been tended to - hadn't received their "night care" or something like that? It seemed like an odd thing for someone to say who returns home in the afternoon.

BUT. It appears from googling that marines often have 24 hour duty. So if Jon returned home Sunday morning and discovered the animals hadn't been cared for over night - whatever that care would be - he would know immediately Erin hadn't returned home.

Hmmm. Thinking back through these clues is like studying biblical phrases. "Could it mean this?"

Remember the comment made many days ago, that when Jon "returned home" he realized the animals hadn't been tended to - hadn't received their "night care" or something like that? It seemed like an odd thing for someone to say who returns home in the afternoon.

BUT. It appears from googling that marines often have 24 hour duty. So if Jon returned home Sunday morning and discovered the animals hadn't been cared for over night - whatever that care would be - he would know immediately Erin hadn't returned home.

Hmmm. Thinking back through these clues is like studying biblical phrases. "Could it mean this?"

But how would it be known that Erin did not come home at 4pm on Saturday? If he was gone on duty for 24 hours, when did his duty start?
Did he come home and find the dogs in their kennel, so he knew that they weren't taken out of their kennel at 4pm? Did he find the dogs out of their kennel and knew they should be in a kennel? He saw her leave that morning at 7am so it is known that he was home then. How did he know she wasn't home at 4pm? Was he home at 4pm?
IMOO.

I do not have a video arrow in middle of the screen so I just clicked on the circle at the bottom and it plays.

Whoops ...guess you are talking about the page that has the 5 videos instead of the individual videos. Did you double click the arrow?

I am not having any problems with the link below.

http://s275.photobucket.com/user/Gr...en near where her car was found?sort=6&page=1

I double click on the arrow and it takes me to another page, but it never loads the video. Thank you for your help. I don't think I'm ever going to see these videos.

They arrived at the Air Ground Combat Center in Twentynine Palms in late 2013. Erin got a job, again at Tractor Supply Co., in Yucca Valley in January, but left in March for personal reasons, said assistant manager Darin Sanden. "It's affected all of us," he said of her disappearance from the base.

She also spent many days nursing an 8-year-old quarter horse named Cassy back to health at White Rock Horse Rescue in Yucca Valley, said CEO and founder Isabel Megli. Megli said Corwin's husband came out a couple times. "One time when they came out here they chased (the horse) for a half an hour," Megli said, laughing. "They worked together and caught her."

Corwin announced on Facebook that she was pregnant on Jan. 17. Family members said she miscarried, but was two weeks pregnant again when she disappeared.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/20/erin-corwin-chronicle-facebook/12905463/

Erin's disappearance appears not "voluntary," according to the sheriff's department, so the ground search resumed this weekend. On Friday, a sheriff's department update said that the investigation was not considered "criminal" and that no suspects or persons of interest have been identified in the case.
Investigators are not clarifying how the disappearance can be both not voluntary and not criminal.

"It's not voluntary, but we don't have any evidence yet that it's criminal," said San Bernadino sheriff's Capt. Dale Mondary on Friday. "We're just trying to find a missing person."

Four search warrants were served in the 24 hours following Corwin's disappearance: Two for apartments D and F at 6650 Jasmine Drive on the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center, one for a dark-colored Jeep with Alaska license plates, and another for Erin Corwin's car.

Two weeks pregnant? I thought she was 2-3 months pregnant...

But how would it be known that Erin did not come home at 4pm on Saturday? If he was gone on duty for 24 hours, when did his duty start?
Did he come home and find the dogs in their kennel, so he knew that they weren't taken out of their kennel at 4pm? Did he find the dogs out of their kennel and knew they should be in a kennel? He saw her leave that morning at 7am so it is known that he was home then. How did he know she wasn't home at 4pm? Was he home at 4pm?
IMOO.

I really don't know the answer to any of those questions - I'm just remembering that he said when he saw the night care hadn't been done, he knew she hadn't come home. And that caused me to google marine shifts on base and apparently 24 hours is not atypical for a weekend shift. Doing what, I don't know - I'm just seeing references to sleep deprivation and techniques to survive 24 hour base duty shifts. All this is just conjecture, I have no idea if he worked that weekend or not - just musing over the coming home to find the night care hadn't been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeTarot