GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two weeks pregnant? I thought she was 2-3 months pregnant...

I noticed this too but in my opinion, assumed it was simply a mistype and not proofread properly. It is extremely rare to know when you are only 2 weeks pregnant!

NCIS would have to be involved in this. Erin Corwin is a military spouse. SWs have been issued for quarters on a MC base. Two men possibly involved are Marines. The Marines have ordered JC not to give public statements as per his CO. I'm sure they are very much part of this investigation.

On a side note: I've have many an occasion to go onto a MC base. Every time the gate has been manned, and 100% ID is required. Not just for the driver, but for the passenger as well. Those with DOD stickers get waved through, those without have to show ID. (Military ID and/or Driver's License.) No one cares who goes off base, that side is not manned with MP's or Civilian Security Guards. (Which was the case for a couple of years when those jobs were outsourced, but as of June, it was MPs manning the gates again at the MC installation I was on.)

On some Navy bases, you are required to get a written permit to enter the base with the dates you intend to be there. You have to display it every time you go on or off the base.

This is all my own personal experience.

Maybe the pets food and water dishes were completely empty and they were meowing/barking incessantly which they maybe wouldn't normally do if fed the night before and Erin had just stepped out early that Sunday. If they had a dog maybe it had "gone" inside which it wouldn't have done if Erin had let it out Sunday morning and had just stepped out before Jon was back from duty. I believe in the case of Katelyn Markham this was how her boyfriend knew something was wrong when he went to check on her apartment.

I read that he worked 7am-7pm that day, but at this point, not sure where I saw that. It would make sense that he knew Erin had not been home by 4pm, if true.

I noticed this too but in my opinion, assumed it was simply a mistype and not proofread properly. It is extremely rare to know when you are only 2 weeks pregnant!
I wondered if this reporter misunderstood that. It was reported here early on, that husband found out on Father's Day. That would be a more accurate time frame. He found out 2 or 3 weeks before.

[

This happened on Gov property...and could end up a federal case. She was last seen alive in her home, On Base.

Snipped by me. That depends on whether or not you believe the witness that saw her get in a red car:

Beasley said he saw the young wife rendezvous with a man at the location, near the intersection of Valle Vista and Ranch Roads, around 10 a.m. on Saturday, June 28.

Corwin exited her blue Toyota, locked her vehicle and got inside the man’s red, compact sedan, according the Beasley. The two then drove away in the red car, he said.

Beasley said Corwin appeared to be entering the red vehicle voluntarily.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26028006/...arine-wife-had-rendezvous-with-man-in-red-car

Snipped by me. That depends on whether or not you believe the witness that saw her get in a red car:

Beasley said he saw the young wife rendezvous with a man at the location, near the intersection of Valle Vista and Ranch Roads, around 10 a.m. on Saturday, June 28.

Corwin exited her blue Toyota, locked her vehicle and got inside the man’s red, compact sedan, according the Beasley. The two then drove away in the red car, he said.

Beasley said Corwin appeared to be entering the red vehicle voluntarily.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26028006/...arine-wife-had-rendezvous-with-man-in-red-car

Which begs the question. If hubby said he saw her leave at 7 am that morning but she was seen at 10 am getting into this red car, what was she doing and who was she with in the 3 hours between 7 and 10 am?

Which begs the question. If hubby said he saw her leave at 7 am that morning but she was seen at 10 am getting into this red car, what was she doing and who was she with in the 3 hours between 7 and 10 am?

Maybe that is when she went to JT? But clearly LE thinks she never made it out of there, so who knows.

Maybe that is when she went to JT? But clearly LE thinks she never made it out of there, so who knows.

Maybe her phone records will shed light on that. Unfortunately, we may never know.

The horse Erin adopted from the horse rescue was boarding there still. Many times owners are responsible for the feeding and care of the horse. Maybe this is one of things she did that morning.

Perhaps the husband left at 7 am for his shift, and that was the last time he saw Erin. She could have left after 7 am. No description of clothes she was wearing by her husband makes sense if he left first.

I'm sorry, Seajay, but I don't know how to help you. I posted the videos and I can see them now (like some of the others can) but I had trouble with the website also. I have a ton of photos I took and wanted to upload to share with everyone, but can't get them to post at a normal size. They are really good quality, but when I upload them they appear about an inch square. Sooooo frustrating!

I double click on the arrow and it takes me to another page, but it never loads the video. Thank you for your help. I don't think I'm ever going to see these videos.

You can go here and click on "Maps" and there are two choices:

http://www.mindat.org/loc-88783.html

A question for those well familiar with Twentynine Palms, Joshua Tree and Dale Mining areas — I'm trying to get an aerial perspective on where some of the mines are relative to Sheeps Hole Pass. In particular Ivanhoe Mine.

As in from the Pass, what direction is Ivanhoe and are there any landmarks that would show up in Google maps?

TIA

JCs thought of her "missing" may have had as much to do with her not answering the phone (cell and/or landline) as it did with recognizing she hadn't cared for the animals, etc. To me, someone would go "missing" for me when I became unable to contact them, if that was unusual.

Perhaps the husband left at 7 am for his shift, and that was the last time he saw Erin. She could have left after 7 am. No description of clothes she was wearing by her husband makes sense if he left first.

The way this article was written, it sounds like he was home at 7am. IMOO.

" On June 28, while her husband, U.S. Marine Cpl. Jon Corwin, stayed home, Erin, 19, got into her car at about 7 a.m. and drove to Joshua Tree National Park, " (snipped by me.)
http://www.people.com/article/erin-corwin-missing-pregnant-family-prays-returns

I don't think it's the husband's excuse. I think it's Erin's excuse, that she gave to her husband.

I go back to the beginning in this case:
http://www.desertsun.com/videos/news/nation/california/2014/07/20/12906723/
No 1 since she lived on base the Military IS involved which worries me...snafu..
No 1 Why would she "go to "JTNF" to "take Photos" for her mother, who was coming to visit? This statement by her Husband does not make any sense. IF her mother was coming to visit then she could just take her thru Joshua Tree. I've been there many times...photos of Joshua Tree? I'm sorry I dont believe her husbands excuse as to "why she left the home" that morning. I don't believe him I'm not buying it sorry. Photos dont do it justice, she would have def wanted to take her mom THRU JT. IMO.

When stumped in any investigation; go back to the beginning of your case. Golden Rule No 2. Golden Rule No1 is rule out closest to the missing. No one has been ruled out, he is No 1 Suspect to me at this point.

I'm sorry, Seajay, but I don't know how to help you. I posted the videos and I can see them now (like some of the others can) but I had trouble with the website also. I have a ton of photos I took and wanted to upload to share with everyone, but can't get them to post at a normal size. They are really good quality, but when I upload them they appear about an inch square. Sooooo frustrating!

Nora, I finally figured it out. I've been trying to see the vids you posted on my computer. I got an iPad a few days ago and when I finally remembered that, I went to it and lo and behold, I could open the videos and saw them all.

It's so vast out there. A whole lotta nuttin. I wasn't even seeing Joshua trees/Yucca trees. Anything can happen out there. I would hate to have a vehicle break down there and not have a cell phone. Some of those roads had zero traffic on them. Thanks for posting the vids.

Not trying to be contrary and I really don't know how it works in this area, but I did a couple of horse shows as a teen and I never had my own horse ( hopefully I will someday!). We always had to help with getting the horse there though, even if it just meant coordinating things. My little sis has done this as well. I have no idea if Erin participated in shows, just saying it's possible even without having her own horse. Some of the shows I went to watch had bareback riding as a separate competition.

I don't know if any of this matters in finding her. Is anyone thinking she and potentially someone else went out riding in the desert? Seems unlikely but I'm kind of trying to think of anything at this point.
True, I have a friend's granddaughter who has been in horse shows. She just told me yesterday that they don't own the horse, only the saddle they bought. The stable/riding club they belong to owns the horses and transports them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member