GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow ! Imo I don't think anyone was involved but CL. Is there somewhere to read the Probable Cause Statement in full ?

I am not sure that was all additional I could find right now. Will keep looking.

Kinda sick to my stomach!!!

I wonder if Erin was officially pregnant, i.e been to doctor. If not, and she is not found, they may not be able to charge for the baby's death too. Jmo

I think people are questioning whether CL's wife may have been involved as well.

Thanks. If she is involved in anyway then I think Erin drove to the park that morning to meet CL and his wife may have brought Erin's car back and parked it beside of the road where it was found.

I don't think she is the one that murdered Erin though. I think this is all on him. Now he may have gone home, and confessed, crying telling his wife he did it for her (GAG) because he didn't want to lose her, and she helped him move Erin's car after he had already disposed of Erin's body.

IMO

Surprised they let him move back up to Alaska (if he is in fact back in AK). Between the horses and the hunting, sounds like CL has a bit of a survivalist bent--or at least the tools to take off into Canada and make things interesting.

And--survivalist or not--Canada gives all manner of grief to US states seeking extradition of suspects in capital cases. Typically Canada requires the prosecuting jurisdiction take the death penalty off the table before they'll even think about extraditing someone wanted for a death-penalty eligible crime. And if they (investigators in Cali) are unable to find a body, that leaves the prosecutor without a huge bargaining chip to get a perp to lead them to the missing body. i.e., they'll take the death penalty off the table in exchange for telling them where the body is located. Now you're talking knocking it down from a Murder 1 to 2nd degree or manslaughter.

slightly O/T but if last time Canada sent a U.S. citizen back to the States in a death-penalty case, the idiot took Canada to court and WON ... so yeah, there's some history behind that 'grief-giving'

I am thinking if he had an accomplice, he would have made Erin's car disappear. Or at least hidden it better.

I wonder if the "potato launcher" is what he was arrested and jailed for? Wouldn't that be the icing on the cake! Dumb arse!!

Holy Moly!!!

Did you read this? It has more of the Probable Cause document.
Nicole made statements to Isabella about the detectives having missed something at their residence when it was searched because the detectives did not
search the garage. Nicole told Isabella that without a body the detectives did not have a case against them and the detectives would never find the body. Nicole stated Lee was worried because he did not have an alibi for 062914. Nicole had also berated Lee in front of Isabella about not being able to keep his lies straight when he was interviewed by detectives because he was dumb. Nicole stated she was able to keep her story straight and the detectives did not get any information from her.

Would LE include every set of tire tracks in the area in the affidavit , or only mention the tire tracks closest to where the footprints ended ?

Thanks. If she is involved in anyway then I think Erin drove to the park that morning to meet CL and his wife may have brought Erin's car back and parked it beside of the road where it was found.

I don't think she is the one that murdered Erin though. I think this is all on him. Now he may have gone home, and confessed, crying telling his wife he did it for her (GAG) because he didn't want to lose her, and she helped him move Erin's car after he had already disposed of Erin's body.

IMO

Did you read that search warrant for the 700 Geronimo (horse ranch)? Pretty damning info for the wife. She seems to know quite a bit and berates CL for not keeping his story straight! She may have not killed Erin but she knows exactly what happened, IMO. Unfortunately, she won't be required to testify against him because he's her husband but, sheesh, it wouldn't surprise me if she was involved. Again, IMO.

Wow....page 11! Nicole told Isabella that without a body the detectives did not have a case against them and the detectives would never find the body.

Imo this is never going to be knocked down to 2nd degree or manslaughter. And they may not parlay with him and take the death penalty off of the table either. In most of these missing body cases they don't end in pleas. They go to trial.

I am sure they have him under surveillance by the local LE if he as returned to Alaska.

Whoever is charged will they also be charged with her baby's murder? I know some states changed their laws after Laci and Conner were murdered.

IMO
Since the pregnancy wasn't confirmed by a doctor yet, I don't think he can be charged for two, but I may be totally wrong.

If one takes out the red car from the equation, this is looking a lot clearer. LE did not appear interested in the sighting by the B's, so the red car could be a red herring. mOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph