GUILTY MI - April Millsap, 14, Armada, 24 July 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Debbie Shanta of Indiana, a close friend of Jennifer Millsap, said April left the house about 6 p.m. to walk the dog.

Her boyfriend received a text about an hour later that stated “Omg. Wtf. I think I’m being kidnapped.” Jennifer Millsap immediately went out looking for her daughter, Shanta said...

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-...een-may-have-been-beaten-to-death-family-says

Last night on WDIV 11:00 News April's boyfriend (AA) mentioned he thought April wrote the text, he texted right back and called but she didn't answer. April texted "I think I almost got kidnapped!OMFG". Sounds like she didn't recognize him. And she thought she got away from him but didn't. And she thought she was going to be kidnapped, not murdered. I wonder if Penny knew him but April didn't. April's mom said she didn't think it was anyone April knew. It's just so awful.

BBM. Not sure that it matters but I wonder what the text actually said. I interpret these two statements a little differently. "I think I'm being" vs "I almost got."

BBM. Not sure that it matters but I wonder what the text actually said. I interpret these two statements a little differently. "I think I'm being" vs "I almost got."

I understand what you are saying. Since the boyfriend was sent the text and he said it was "I almost got" I thought that was what it said although I believe LE still has his phone. LE all along has said they didn't give the exact text msg.

I thinks kids prefer texting to calling and if April thought she was in the clear and just had a close call, she may have been comfortable using her most habitual form of communicating. The texting may have distracted her enough not to realize someone was close to her........

Has anyone gotten a feel on who they suspect the murderer may be?

BBM At first everyone was looking at the duo that were involved in the marijuana raid. But now, it appears the investigation is wide open. What are your thoughts?

BTW...Welcome to Websleuths!

Victims bf has strange instagram friends...one is obsessed with homicides and tagged location of murder...another instagram friend looks lije sketch . Has blue motorbike..
Also found link to a dreamers website. She saw and described murder before it happened.

Victims bf has strange instagram friends...one is obsessed with homicides and tagged location of murder...another instagram friend looks lije sketch . Has blue motorbike..
Also found link to a dreamers website. She saw and described murder before it happened.

BBM:
Did you call in a tip about this person who looks like the sketch and has a blue motorbike?? I'm not familiar with Instagram, so I have no idea who you are thinking, but it doesn't hurt to call in that tip! :)

"April Millsap fundraiser aims to paint car owned by her mother pink"

..."to raise $5,000 for the work, which would also include new tires, a windshield and bodywork."

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2014/08/aprill_millsap_fundraiser_aims.html

I mean, is this really appropriate? I don't think driving around a vehicle like that will have the effect they are looking for, and also it gives a bad impression I think, considering all the repairs the car needs. $5k, really?

And yes, I feel HORRIBLE saying anything negative to these folks, considering their loss. But it does seem a tad counterproductive to me.

There is also an NJZ SO in the area, could possibly match sketch. Also JDM, listed in this thread before. And the man still in custody for marijuana. Just some ideas relating to the sketch.

Anything more on the b/f's friend from social media?

April Millsap remembered at Armada Fair
Pink garden way to pay tribute to teen whose body found 3 weeks ago

Author: Mara MacDonald, Local 4 Reporter, @MaraMacDonald
Published On: Aug 15 2014 11:00:00 PM EDT Updated On: Aug 16 2014 12:21:20 AM EDT

The overwhelming police presence has now left the village. No longer do you see police cruisers swarming the area, and there have been no more police roadblocks set up.

read more at ....

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/april-millsap-remembered-at-armada-fair/27516390

I mean, is this really appropriate? I don't think driving around a vehicle like that will have the effect they are looking for, and also it gives a bad impression I think, considering all the repairs the car needs. $5k, really?

And yes, I feel HORRIBLE saying anything negative to these folks, considering their loss. But it does seem a tad counterproductive to me.

Seeing as how the fundraiser has only raised $170 out of $5,000 goal - I think your viewpoint is a popular one. I'm inclined to agree, although I will note that the Mom doesn't seem to be the one who started up the fundraiser. Maybe it was just a well-meaning friend or acquaintance.

But, yeah, I would never donate to this. For a memorial bench? Sure. But this is too...I don't know, it's not appropriate but that's JUST my opinion and I hope I've not offended anyone.
-------
I'm anxiously awaiting updates in this case. April deserves justice and I reallllllly had faith this was going to be solved quickly. Justice is coming for this murderer, and the sooner the better.

Not sure if you're referring to April's boyfriend, Austin Anderson, but LE does not consider him a suspect in her murder.
True. I do agree with the possibility of the killer being mean girls, though, or a male schoolmate. Girls can be very brutal, as was evident in the Skylar Neese murder.

I hope the investigation hasn't gone cold. Sometimes it seems that way when suddenly an arrest is made. I hope that will be the case here. Maybe investigators are working quietly behind the scenes.

"I think I almost got kidnapped!OMFG" - leads me to believe that someone tried to talk April into going with him, similar to how kidnappers attempt to lure children into vans with candy or a puppy. Apparently she thought he was gone and she was okay but he came back for her. That's my take on it. I believe it was a random stranger. If it was someone she knew she would have named him in the text and probably not have used the word 'kidnapped'......she'd have texted something like, "Jimmy wanted me to get in his van....no way I'm doing that."

An update on this case was the lead story on Sunday's 11pm newscast on channel 4 (WDIV). Said investigators are looking at April call history and found a phone call made hours prior to the killing from an unknown number.

Link to story >> http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...elp-solve-mystery-surrounding-murder/27567854

I would think that after 3 weeks the police would have already found the owner of the phone.

Mea culpa. Just noticed that I referred to April's boyfriend as A "Anderson", but his last name is "Albertson". :blushing:

What's up with the mysterious phone call/number on April's phone? Seems like that should have been investigated immediately :waitasec: Surely, by now, the person who made the call to April's found should have been located; it's not rocket science.

From Click On Detroit:
It's been more than three weeks since April was found beaten and strangled on the Macomb Orchard Trail, and there is still no one in custody and no named person of interest.

Sources close to the investigation reveal police are taking a close look at April's call history and especially a call made in the hours before her murder.

Police recently asked family members if they recognized the mystery number -- they did not. The number is not associated with her family, boyfriend or her small circle of friends.

BBM... Police RECENTLY asked family members about the mystery number?! Why did it take so long for them to ask the family about that phone number?? How can they (LE) not know who the number is registered to?? I'm confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member