GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought from the beginning that he shot her.....standing far enough away so that he wouldn't chance blood spatter, etc. The .22 would accomplish that, & if he did use it, I won't be surprised. It is a dangerous weapon....gets inside the body and bounces around, doing lots of organ damage. I've also thought he killed her where she would be found.

If he threw her in to the mine while still alive would he be able to shoot that far down in to the mine so as not to have any type of blood outside of the mine shaft? I know zilch about guns and/or their capabilities. TIA

If he threw her into the mine still alive he wouldn't have to worry about shooting her...

I really hope that Erin had no idea what was happening...I hope she was shot from behind and died peacefully. I hope he didn't taunt or beat her before she died. I'm very anxious to know.

In the court video, he looks over at his family with a deer in the headlights look. Was that when "someone" tried to speak, or was he just looking? Also, did he say "Yeah" like a sullen teenager, when he was asked a question by the judge?

bbm.. he said "i do" when judge asked him if he had a copy of information filed in this case

If he threw her in to the mine while still alive would he be able to shoot that far down in to the mine so as not to have any type of blood outside of the mine shaft? I know zilch about guns and/or their capabilities. TIA
Remember, it's 140 ft down. Hence the report she was "crumbled" at the bottom of the mine.

Rose of Peru mine video, from 5:00 to 6:30 running time in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVSxUemcuTA&feature=youtu.be

(I am not going to even say it because it couldn't be him, right?)

Thank you for this, tvscum. Gives a great visual for those of us unfamiliar with the mines in that area. I'm wondering if Rose of Peru is always uncovered like that. If so, there's no telling what all they found down there.

I just viewed this and I nearly passed out watching it :cry: The dichotomy of the background music and what we ultimately know the Rose of Peru mine held was/is disturbing (creep factor: off the charts IMO).

Via iPhone there's no way for me to discern if that is him in the red Jeep IMO. However, the camera zooming down the entrance of the mineshaft to Erin's final resting place literally brought me to tears all over again! :tears:

What was the dark cylindrical object on the ground at the end of the segment (before it switches to the next mine)? I'm thinking ballistics related (I hate typing that!), but I could be (and want to be) wrong!

tvscum, I hope you've sent this in to the SBCSO, because it is a tremendous find. :sleuth:

FWIW, to access it via tapatalk, I had to click on "WebView" first, then the link worked.

My heart breaks for Erin, her tiny little one (until we are told otherwise, I will believe she was with child :heartbeat: :moo: ), JC, and her family that are mourning her loss!

:rose:
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That video of the mine excursion was pretty creepy when they went inside some of those mines. It's so desolate out there, no one could have heard a gunshot, a scream for help, nothing. She was totally at his mercy and he had none for her. Poor Erin.

Wouldn't that be a bite in the butt if she wasn't pregnant after all? If she either thought she was but wasn't or she just said she was to force his hand before he got out of the Marines and headed back to Alaska.

We might find out if she were pregnant if they increase the charges to a second murder charge. I dunno.

I'm beginning to think she either wasn't pregnant or for whatever reason he won't be charged in the death of the fetus. Law enforcement has said nothing about those additional charges which is what makes me think they aren't on the table. I hope I'm wrong...

Somewhat off topic: In watching the videos of CL in jail I couldn't help but notice he's not looking so smug and arrogant. He's actually looking quite deflated and humble. NL, however, doesn't look any different. I wonder if she thinks she got away with something? I think if she was involved she has already made it crystal clear to CL that he had better make sure that she isn't on the hook for anything. I can hear her now...It was your [modsnip] that you couldn't keep in your pants and got that girl pregnant. It was you that was so stupid you couldn't keep your stories straight. It was you that...blah, blah, blah. I'm not going down for this and you better make sure I don't. OMG I can so see this happening. Can you imagine the conversations that took place on the drive to Alaska? That must have been the longest days of CL's life. If he wasn't so despicable I'd almost feel sorry for him for having to have to listen to her that entire time. Chris, Chris, dammit, are you listening to me you big dumb arse? Listen to me! And on, and on, and on... :bang:

OMG ~ It certainly looks like him, and LE DID say she was found in an area that CL was familiar with. This guy is also driving the SAME maroon color jeep??? I am not good at all with makes and models of vehicles....

Can someone with knowledge of what a Jeep Cherokee (1997) looks like take a look at this video and tell us if it is a jeep Cherokee? TIA
Start at around 5:00

Remember, it's 140 ft down. Hence the report she was "crumbled" at the bottom of the mine.

I understand that. As I said, I don't know anything about a guns capabilities. Is 140 feet too far to be able to shoot?

I'm beginning to think she either wasn't pregnant or for whatever reason he won't be charged in the death of the fetus. Law enforcement has said nothing about those additional charges which is what makes me think they aren't on the table. I hope I'm wrong...

Somewhat off topic: In watching the videos of CL in jail I couldn't help but notice he's not looking so smug and arrogant. He's actually looking quite deflated and humble. NL, however, doesn't look any different. I wonder if she thinks she got away with something? I think if she was involved she has already made it crystal clear to CL that he had better make sure that she isn't on the hook for anything. I can hear her now...It was your [modsnip] that you couldn't keep in your pants and got that girl pregnant. It was you that was so stupid you couldn't keep your stories straight. It was you that...blah, blah, blah. I'm not going down for this and you better make sure I don't. OMG I can so see this happening. Can you imagine the conversations that took place on the drive to Alaska? That must have been the longest days of CL's life. If he wasn't so despicable I'd almost feel sorry for him for having to have to listen to her that entire time. Chris, Chris, dammit, are you listening to me you big dumb arse? Listen to me! And on, and on, and on... :bang:

Do you have the link handy that shows him in jail. I went five pages back and did not see it. If not, no worries.

That's right. Thanks.

Don't know if WS let links post to the Daily Mail in, but here is an article with some interviews from some of Erin's friends at the horse ranch. One of them is an ex US marshall.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2728658/Sheriff-Ex-Marine-inquired-body-disposal.html

Michele Herring said: 'She was so excited to be having a baby, she was a sweet girl, I just can't believe she's dead, who would do such a thing, they threw her away like she was a piece of garbage and to someone who was pregnant.'

Does Michele know something that we don't know yet??

-
-
-
also, she was crumpled not crumbled

I understand that. As I said, I don't know anything about a guns capabilities. Is 140 feet too far to be able to shoot?

I was just meaning after 140 ft, there wouldn't be a need to shoot. It's equivalent to being pushed off a 12-14 story building. The chance of survival are slim to none. I don't know much about guns either, so I have no idea the answer to your original question.

Pardon me. Crumpled. They are synonyms of each other.

Thank you, that really gave a boots on the ground view!

Couple things came to mind: there was no rebar on that opening. LE said the terrain was challenging, with a 4x4 it's not bad at all. Last, I had a flash of walking through the desert at night and bloop ... you're gone. Really builds a case for making sure there is rebar or some kind of grate across those openings, yikes!

I was just meaning after 140 ft, there wouldn't be a need to shoot. It's equivalent to being pushed off a 12-14 story building. The chance of survival are slim to none. I don't know much about guns either, so I have no idea the answer to your original question.

O.K., gotcha. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member