Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #10 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking they would only need to prove a violent reaction having been had by anyone. The exact nature of the violence doesn't matter, since every person's reactions will be different.

I understand what you're saying and have no question if GG's defense atty can find any way at all to lessen the severity of the punishment for his client, he will. That being said though, I would think for it to be credible at all, he would have to show precedent and it definitely would have to be on the same violent level as rape and murder. Such as, in the case of The State v. Joe Creepy, he did this, this and this as a direct result of this and that. I mean sure, I know people can get very unstable if they go off their meds, but rape and murder is a completely different leap from "aggressive" and "react violently" when in the beginning stages of being ON meds, you know?

For that matter, we don't even know how long he's been taking anti-depressants, OR if they are in fact for depression. Of course his lawyer has been quoted in msm as saying that they are, but that statement doesn't come from the MD who prescribed the meds, it comes from a man who's trying to paint a picture of his client.

All just MOO and all that stuff :) (this is a really good slant though, and brings up a way BIGGER question about young people taking these kinds of meds)

I think if I would have talked to the attorney in that way, he'd have probably said, "Mom, we're talking about your son's life, is where you live and some bullying more important than that?"

I can just say that I paid the lawyer my money and he was pretty clear that my opinion or feelings weren't his concern. He was an experienced prosecutor prior (which seems to be fairly common) and told me what we were going to do, no effort at all to see what I wanted, other than knowing I wanted the lightest sentence possible. Despite the mental health issue, etc., he did get a felony plea deal with probation (it was his first offense). The attorney laid out the potential options and I guess I had a choice on what I wanted to pay for/possible outcomes. The other option was to fight it for about 4x more money and run the chance of a 25 year sentence. I didn't even consider it at all, it was too risky.

And mine never got any meds in jail (6 days) despite me making as much noise as I could (you can't get a human on the phone even after holding for literally hours) and the lawyer stepping in. And he had obvious pre-existing issues with an official title (in Maricopa county, adults can be certified as severely mentally ill or SMI and he had that title in order to get more intensive care) and didn't get a single pill in jail.

Course, if GG was in Arizona, he'd never see the light of day, no matter what the lawyer tried. While blue Washington is fairly permissive, red Arizona is a whole 'nother ballgame.

I'm not sure how to best say this so I will just go for it. The position taken in this post seems to be contrary to what is the norm on WS. It is rather jarring to read that you just "wanted the lightest sentence possible", especially on a thread like this. We have always campaigned for the victims here and I'm surprised to see any poster, most less a mod, taking such a different stance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That GG just happened to rape and murder his friend's little sister the exact same weekend his friend and the girl's big brother is out of town AND coincidentally is the child of parents who just happen to not be looking for her if she's gone an entire day, speaks more to planned crime of opportunity, not a sudden onset horn-dog drug induced rage thing.

Excellent points.

I'm not sure how to best say this so I will just go for it. The position taken in this post seems to be contrary to what is the norm on WS. It is rather jarring to read that you just "wanted the lightest sentence possible", especially on a thread like this. We have always campaigned for the victims here and I'm surprised to see any poster, most less a mod, taking such a different stance.

We don't know what the son did. I know if it was my child that I carried, nursed, loved and raised, it would be really devastating to think of him in prison.

I know I'm kind of new here and all (posting, anyway) but I think it's a good thing to point out that none of us really *know* how we'd react if we suddenly found ourselves the mom, sister, wife, etc. of someone facing criminal charges. While it's one thing to demand justice when horrible people hurt innocent people, it's quite another ballgame when one of your loved ones is accused (whether guilty or innocent). I think most people go through life (thankfully) never having to be on the flip side of this and dealing with all the emotions that would naturally come up. I know I've been there, and it really gave me pause for thought and has made me much more careful what I say or how I think.

Just thought I'd say that, fwiw.

Yeah, I would need extensive, well-sourced data to buy that an adverse reaction to an antidepressant could cause someone to rape and murder.

An antidepressant given to a someone with bipolar depression can cause mania or mixed episodes in some cases. Further some individuals in mixed or manic states experience psychosis. I believe that the warnings on the labels are referring to such individuals. This is my own opinion - I am not a medical professional.

O/T about black box warnings:
I have had depression most of my life. It has been debilitating at times. One particular medication was prescribed to me in 2010 which caused me to experience serotonin syndrome. I was a complete mess and had to be hospitalized. But still I'm glad I tried it because the next medication worked for me and has improved my life substantially. In my opinion some of these warnings on the labels keep people (like me who need them) from trying them. The key is medical supervision in the first few days, weeks and months of treatment. Suicide rates have increased since the black box warnings were put on antidepressants, which outweighs the amount of people who have such adverse reactions.

<stepping off soapbox>

We don't know what the son did. I know if it was my child that I carried, nursed, loved and raised, it would be really devastating to think of him in prison.

BBM

It would be. But I believe what would devastate me most would be contemplating what my still *alive* child did to the young victim. Prison would be the safest place for him. I could sleep at night knowing my child wasn't out raping and murdering again. I'd probably always love my child, but I'd feel somehow guilty I gave birth to a person who raped and murdered a child. I can't imagine I'd feel better about things if he got out of prison ten years later. I can't imagine I'd feel any confidence my child would never do it again.

I know I'm kind of new here and all (posting, anyway) but I think it's a good thing to point out that none of us really *know* how we'd react if we suddenly found ourselves the mom, sister, wife, etc. of someone facing criminal charges. While it's one thing to demand justice when horrible people hurt innocent people, it's quite another ballgame when one of your loved ones is accused (whether guilty or innocent). I think most people go through life (thankfully) never having to be on the flip side of this and dealing with all the emotions that would naturally come up. I know I've been there, and it really gave me pause for thought and has made me much more careful what I say or how I think.

Just thought I'd say that, fwiw.

I have 2 siblings that I have practically raised and they are both in jail. They've spent most of their adult life there. I've cried an ocean of tears and spent a fortune making sure that they have been properly defended and cared for behind bars. I've taken their children into my home and tried to bring some sense of normalcy into their lives because they're just innocent little girls with no say in the mess. With all that said, I've also been the one, more than once, to call the cops or the probation officers because my love for my brothers doesn't extend to risking others safety or lives. There is a line that we all must draw and my line in the sand is crossed the moment others are placed at risk.

BBM

It would be. But I believe what would devastate me most would be contemplating what my still *alive* child did to the young victim. Prison would be the safest place for him. I could sleep at night knowing my child wasn't out raping and murdering again. I'd probably always love my child, but I'd feel somehow guilty I gave birth to a person who raped and murdered a child. I can't imagine I'd feel better about things if he got out of prison ten years later. I can't imagine I'd feel any confidence my child would never do it again.

I've thought about that so often in this case. I really don't know which parent it would be hardest to trade places with. The Wrights have lost their precious daughter and the pain must be unbearable. Gabe's mom still has her son to some degree but she has to live with the knowledge of what he did and will likely spend the rest of her life wondering if she did something wrong that created the monster. She will live in her own private hell and without the opportunity for closure or answers. I don't know if I would be strong enough to survive either way.

:badmood: Nothing we can do will bring back Jenise. I hate the delay as much as everyone, but if it helps get a conviction and make it stick, then so be it. So upsetting.

BBM

bbm -- My sentiments exactly. I can not even fathom the depth of a mom's sorrow in a case like this one.
The betrayal that GG's mom "might'' be feeling could be heartbreaking. I am unclear if there is a forensic psychiatric hospital that he could be sentenced to life in?? I don't know enough. Why take the risk that he could offend again? I couldn't take that risk and defend him ((JMHO)).It may not be popular but there is a place for ''righteous'' anger and I believe I would be ''outraged'' and expect my kid to man up which may require a strong convincing conversation to face up to what he has done and plead guilty for his sake as well. I believe it would benefit GG to have this ordeal over with as well as everyone else whose lives he has shattered. MOO

the Death Penalty is NOT on the table because of his age so where is the benefit of dragging this out????

o/t My definition of 'garden variety' nasty is pretty simple -- GG is a weed.

I've thought about that so often in this case. I really don't know which parent it would be hardest to trade places with. The Wrights have lost their precious daughter and the pain must be unbearable. Gabe's mom still has her son to some degree but she has to live with the knowledge of what he did and will likely spend the rest of her life wondering if she did something wrong that created the monster. She will live in her own private hell and without the opportunity for closure or answers. I don't know if I would be strong enough to survive either way.

Although she also lost the son she thought she had. I can't imagine the torture either set of parents (and siblings, extended family, friends, etc.) are feeling.

Here is what I've noticed and anyone who can correct me if I'm wrong, please do so. We have not had witnesses come forward who were his friends, classmates, teachers, neighbors, coaches, tutors, etc. that have said things to bolster some kind of mental illness situation, right? Often times if someone is truly disturbed we will hear those kind of stories of '' i always knew he was weird, he killed my puppy, he threatened me last year, he bullied us, he said the strangest things, he stared into space, he bla bla bla bla bla ''. Right? But for the one mother who says she told him to stay away from her kid but gave no real reason why, we have heard zero sort of character witnesses. So psychologists unite and tell me does that mean he's pretty normal mentally sound guy OR does that means he's the worst kind that appears outwardly normal at all times, thus wolf in sheep's clothing type ?

Here is what I've noticed and anyone who can correct me if I'm wrong, please do so. We have not had witnesses come forward who were his friends, classmates, teachers, neighbors, coaches, tutors, etc. that have said things to bolster some kind of mental illness situation, right? Often times if someone is truly disturbed we will hear those kind of stories of '' i always knew he was weird, he killed my puppy, he threatened me last year, he bullied us, he said the strangest things, he stared into space, he bla bla bla bla bla ''. Right? But for the one mother who says she told him to stay away from her kid but gave no real reason why, we have heard zero sort of character witnesses. So psychologists unite and tell me does that mean he's pretty normal mentally sound guy OR does that means he's the worst kind that appears outwardly normal at all times, thus wolf in sheep's clothing type ?

bbm

I think he falls into the ''scarier'' category of potentially popular guy who can go undetected for years. The one who would have credible people vouching for him ad nauseum. MOO

The mom whose ''spidey'' sense sparked her to warn him to stay away from her daughters was not just wise but insightful possibly from ''seeing his type before'' KWIM just from real life experience.

bbm

I think he falls into the ''scarier'' category of potentially popular guy who can go undetected for years. The one who would have credible people vouching for him ad nauseum. MOO

The mom whose ''spidey'' sense sparked her to warn him to stay away from her daughters was not just wise but insightful possibly from ''seeing his type before'' KWIM just from real life experience.

I sure wish that mom would have elaborated a bit more, ya know? I mean I can think of lots of reasons she may say stay away from her kid that do not necessarily point to ' hes' a threat to young girls'. So without more info about that incident, I just don't know what to think. I mean ** speculative** maybe mom saw him smoking a joint with his friends and said this, maybe he drove too fast in the neighborhood and she said this , maybe she heard him on the phone saying something naughty to one of his friends , like guys do OR maybe he actually said something unsettling to her child. See? I'd like that clarified . It's actually kind of strange, she said the one thing and nothing else. Was she threatened to shut up ? Is the whole neighborhood too afraid to say anything for fear of backlash for OR against GG?

Generally, speaking to Ryan Brunn and Austin Sigg, people were happy to come forward and talk about their weirdness once they had pled guilty and were safely locked up forever. Ryan Brunn had no end of friends and family who were happy to talk to MSM about how nice he was, couldn't have done this, loved kids. I don't put a lot of stock in friends and family in cases like these. I mean, do we imagine someone's going to go on camera and say, "Yeah, well, he once tried to show me child *advertiser censored*, and I never reported it, so....." or "Oh, yeah, I can totally see him doing this, he was always talking about child rape fantasies."

The only dude I can think of where tons of people were coming forward to mention how the dude didn't even try to hide his sick perversions was Ian Watkins, the singer from Lostprophets. (research at your own risk....what's read can not be un-read.)

Btw, I had a sociopath for an employee years ago. I got off easy, he only shopped with my credit card (unknown to me) while he took his lunch break (then returned the card to my purse.) He robbed homes, sold *friends* Rolling Stones tickets from the booty, THEY (the innocent friends who thought they were just buying tickets he couldn't use) were arrested at the concert....a year later he held up a doctor at an ATM, then ran over him with his own car, leaving him paralyzed.

To all appearances, he was the Nicest. Guy. Not Eddie Haskell nice. Just nice, funny, charming, not manipulative seeming, not TOO charming. Smart, friendly, helpful, self deprecating. He was pure evil. No soul. And it freaked me out that no one could tell, including me, he was capable of these things.

Also, having followed up on the Teleka Patrick case, I am VERY aware there is almost certainly LOTS of stuff people have come forward with that we do no know. Her employer, at the time she went missing, went on the MSM record that they were not aware she was having any problems. After the case was virtually closed last month, we come to find out her employer noticed her bizarre behaviors from the moment she started working there. And they did share that with police at the time.

I sure wish that mom would have elaborated a bit more, ya know? I mean I can think of lots of reasons she may say stay away from her kid that do not necessarily point to ' hes' a threat to young girls'. So without more info about that incident, I just don't know what to think. I mean ** speculative** maybe mom saw him smoking a joint with his friends and said this, maybe he drove too fast in the neighborhood and she said this , maybe she heard him on the phone saying something naughty to one of his friends , like guys do OR maybe he actually said something unsettling to her child. See? I'd like that clarified . It's actually kind of strange, she said the one thing and nothing else. Was she threatened to shut up ? Is the whole neighborhood too afraid to say anything for fear of backlash for OR against GG?

We have no idea what she said and what was edited away. Personally, I wouldn't talk to any msm or reporter holding a camera if I had a negative experience with the rapist/murderer living up the street. I'd tell LE and I'd go back in the house and thank my lucky stars my child didn't become a victim.
I'd also be aware that if I'd made such a statement to LE/FBI, I might be summoned to appear at some point in the future, and wouldn't be blathering to reporters about my hinky neighbors, whom I still have to live next to.

I don't need anything clarified. His semen was found in a six-year-old's bloody panties.

We have no idea what she said and what was edited away. Personally, I wouldn't talk to any msm or reporter holding a camera if I had a negative experience with the rapist/murderer living up the street. I'd tell LE and I'd go back in the house and thank my lucky stars my child didn't become a victim.
I'd also be aware that if I'd made such a statement to LE/FBI, I might be summoned to appear at some point in the future, and wouldn't be blathering to reporters about my hinky neighbors, whom I still have to live next to.

I don't need anything clarified. His semen was found in a six-year-old's bloody panties.

Agreed that we don't need anything clarified with regards to little Jenise. I just wonder if this mom who spoke about the previous incident felt extreme unease at him, her 6th sense/instinct took over and she knew he was trouble OR if he actually did or said something that set her off . I mean I guess it doesn't matter. Just curious. I also think there are folks who come out of the woodwork after and say ' i knew it all along' , even though they'd never knew any such thing but are just looking for a bit of face time and a little ' i told u so ' mentality. It's just curious that's not the case here. So no one knows anything or everyone's afraid maybe? Or , good point, they may be quiet and giving statements and not sharing. Had not thought of that. ty !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa