Holly Bobo's Remains Have Been Identified

When reading the article about the finding of Holly's remains, I remember it saying that the hunter picked up the bucket and got cold chills because of what he saw inside, which he was not free to discuss. Then he turned behind him and saw the skull and other bones and he knew it was Holly. This is what made me think this may be been bright blond hair or something else that would frighten you if you found it in the woods.

When reading the article about the finding of Holly's remains, I remember it saying that the hunter picked up the bucket and got cold chills because of what he saw inside, which he was not free to discuss. Then he turned behind him and saw the skull and other bones and he knew it was Holly. This is what made me think this may be been bright blond hair or something else that would frighten you if you found it in the woods.

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/new...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

<sniped - read more>

Man Who Found Holly Bobo: 'It Will Be With Me Forever'

By Chris Conte. CREATED Sep 11, 2014
DECATUR COUNTY, Tenn. - One of the men who helped end a three years long search for missing nursing student, Holly Bobo, said discovering her remains on Sunday is a moment he will live with for the rest of his life.

Larry Stone was with his cousin, Timmy Robbins, in the woods off County Corner Road in Holladay on Sunday looking for the herb, ginseng. Stone said it&#8217;s a hobby he has pursued since he was a child.

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/new...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

<sniped - read more>

Man Who Found Holly Bobo: 'It Will Be With Me Forever'

By Chris Conte. CREATED Sep 11, 2014
DECATUR COUNTY, Tenn. - One of the men who helped end a three years long search for missing nursing student, Holly Bobo, said discovering her remains on Sunday is a moment he will live with for the rest of his life.

Larry Stone was with his cousin, Timmy Robbins, in the woods off County Corner Road in Holladay on Sunday looking for the herb, ginseng. Stone said it&#8217;s a hobby he has pursued since he was a child.

Wow, thanks Foxfire. I missed those details somehow.

Now I am wondering too what he saw in the bucket? Could it have been her bloody clothes perhaps?

I'm not suggesting anything about Drew at all other than I feel ZA had some sort of connection (imaginary or remotely) to HB which she may not have been aware of at all. Hence the reason I asked about Drew.
I vaguely remember hearing that ZA had been a student years ago of HB's mom. I'm just looking for a connection & heck, it could just be that he saw her at the coon hunt dinner & that is all.

Since ZA didn't have much of anything going on in his life -- it left him with plenty of time to ruminate over things in his psychotic drug-fueled way.

I know you aren't. I was just curious why you said it stuck in your craw. lol

Yes, Karen was ZAs fourth grade school teacher. That would be about 20 years ago now.

I have no doubt that in such a small community most everyone knew OF or about someone living there. With ZAs scandalous criminal record, I am sure he was well known because of that.

All I know is all of Holly's friends said that Holly never associated with any of the A-Train. She probably knew him by sight and that is all and probably tried to stay clear of him and his group.

Now I am sure ZA knew she was a very beautiful young woman and someone who would never give him the time of day.

I think he took what he knew he could never have any other way.:(

This is what I think he saw there...the blonde hair...I believe the bucket was placed there to keep the hair from being scattered...I think the remains were moved there and were meant to be found. JMO

Hey guys! I haven't posted about Holly before. I read through most of the thread, but if you guys have already discussed some of these issues, fill me in! Here are some various thoughts/questions I had about the case:

1. Who do you think was the "man in camouflage"?

Based on comment sections, people seem to be going with the theory that ZA was the one. I'm wondering if this is the case. Clint Bobo gave a description of the man he saw as being 5' 10"-6' and 170-200 lbs. Zach Adams is around 6' 3" and skinny (maybe 170ish). Now, obviously eyewitness descriptions aren't always accurate, but Clint also mistook camo man for Holly's Boyfriend Drew from a distance that was probably around 40-50 feet so we need to compare suspects to his appearance. Based on photos of Drew, I'm guessing he's on the lower end of the weight scale. I don't have a height on him, but I'm guessing 5'9-5'10". Holly is 5'3" and here is a photo of Drew next to Holly. Is it possible that Clint could mistake a 6'3" ZA for the much shorter DS? I'm ready to say for sure it wasn't Autry. Autry outweighs Drew by a huge margin and he's a very tall guy. Even taller than ZA. I know the TBI have said they are looking to arrest others, do you think it could have been someone else?

2. What could be the motive? Again, based on comment sections, people seem to be assuming this was a sexually motivated crime (I'm guessing because she was cute and had no other obvious reason to be involved with these guys). The thing that is throwing me for a loop is the kneeling down angry conversation in the garage. If this was a sexually motivated kidnapping or even just a random stalkery one, why would he be interrogating/yelling at her first? Why wouldn't he just grab her and take her? To me this is just such a baffling detail. There HAD to be more to this. One thought I had was that perhaps she was taken as a threat to someone else. Like, someone she was close to had a drug debt or some other beef with them and taking her was the "punishment". I'm just not sure what to make of that detail.

3. Do you think Shayne Austin was involved? The fact that they gave him total immunity and he didn't give them squat makes me think he genuinely didn't know anything. He literally has nothing to lose in that scenario and everything to lose if he doesn't tell them what they need. I think the only explanation is that he wasn't involved at all (or not involved in any significant way) and really didn't know where the body was.

4. Now that Holly's body has been found, do you think ZA's threat "You'll be in the hole with Holly" is an exculpatory statement? People had sort of taken it to be a confession of sorts, but now we conclusively know she wasn't in any sort of hole.

5. Have they released any cell phone pings? To me, this will solve the case. If we can prove that Holly's phone and ZA's phone were pinging in the same places in the minutes after the disappearance that will seal this. (of course it could go the other way if they are hitting on different towers)

6. Do you believe the TBI when they say that a bunch of people are involved? To me, this just seems so implausible. It's damn near impossible to have a conspiracy like this with several people. Especially low-life meth heads. Someone is going to say "Hey 280K sounds mighty nice! I think I'll make me a deal!" I just don't think more than a couple of people were involved. I don't think the Pearcy brothers were involved. That evidence doesn't seem solid at all. Maybe if there was some known connection between Mark Pearcy and ZA, but I don't think they've released any known link, have they? I don't know about the rest of the case, but I think that woman may have lied about that.

1) I think it was ZA. Clint did the best he could as he saw a man dragging his sister in the woods. It depends on what kind of camo clothing the person was wearing. My husband is 5' 10" and weighs roughly 170, when he has his hunting camp on, it's thick and if you'd look at him you'd easily say he weighed 190-200. As far as height, that's always a hard one for me because I'm not good with guessing how tall someone is, seriously I have a cousin that looks extremely tall, I guessed she was closer to 5' 11" but she's only 5' 7" so, I would be a terrible witness if I were asked about someone's height after a crime.

2) Motive could be anything. Given the area that I live in which is similar to where Holly lives, I am inclined to agree with your drug theory. However, as sick as the people involved are it could easily be something sexual. Honestly though, I'm not sure we'll ever know the truth.

3) I'm still undecided about SA.

4) Just because she wasn't in a hole when she was found doesn't mean she never was. After 3 years, she could've very been unearthed by animals after being in a shallow grave. Or, as someone else stated it could've very easily been a referral to where she was kept before she was killed, we simply don't know.

5 & 6) I'm not sure.

Video and transcript here:

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/new...obo-It-Will-Be-With-Me-Forever-274824611.html

An article for everyone that thinks the cops are just a wonderful bunch.

Sounds as if they like to intimidate their own innocent witnesses. Lovely.

Keep in mind, this is the guy that FOUND Holly Bobo, a good samaritan, that is being threatened by LE.

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/new...obo-It-Will-Be-With-Me-Forever-274824611.html
I don't think they are really intimidating him. That was the word that the reporter used and I doubt Stone even used that word.

When my co-worker was found murdered the GBI told her mother/family/friends to make sure they never divulged any details they knew about the case and if they spoke to the media to only say they wanted justice for R's death. They knew all along who the police was looking at as the suspect but they never breathed a word about it and it took four months for an arrest to happen.

They don't want what was found out in the public since this is an ongoing investigation and they think if he speaks with the media he may inadvertently slip up and say something he shouldn't.... revealing details.

He will be a witness in the trials now so I can certainly understand why they want what he saw/found to come from the witness stand and not from the media. That way the DT cant yell at him and make him out to be a guy wanting his 15 minutes of fame. We all saw how the meter reader in the Anthony case got beat up...not only in the public but on the stand as well when he discovered Caylee's remains.

They cant legally stop him from talking but they can ask him not to and imo that is what they did.

IMO

This is what I think he saw there...the blonde hair...I believe the bucket was placed there to keep the hair from being scattered...I think the remains were moved there and were meant to be found. JMO

Another possibility might be a bloody weapon - knife or blunt instrument.

Re. the witness being "intimidated" by the police: he shouldn't be talking to the media because it could prejudice the jury and potentially damage the chances of a conviction.

I know you aren't. I was just curious why you said it stuck in your craw. lol

Yes, Karen was ZAs fourth grade school teacher. That would be about 20 years ago now.

I have no doubt that in such a small community most everyone knew OF or about someone living there. With ZAs scandalous criminal record, I am sure he was well known because of that.

All I know is all of Holly's friends said that Holly never associated with any of the A-Train. She probably knew him by sight and that is all and probably tried to stay clear of him and his group.

Now I am sure ZA knew she was a very beautiful young woman and someone who would never give him the time of day.

I think he took what he knew he could never have any other way.:(

I agree that there was no deep connection. These guys had only seen Holly from afar around town. The Sheriff said he remembered seeing Holly and her mother in the Dollar Store, which is the kind of thing that happens in a small town. People see you around, but that doesn't mean they know you. And she was definitely a beautiful girl who was known in the community.

Yes, the bad guys found out where she lived, and there was the guy who seemed to be stalking her at the hunt dinner. That doesn't mean that anyone close to her had anything to do with it, and there's really not a hint of that from the TBI or the local police in all these months. JMOO

I think the TBI told this witness not to talk about what he saw because obviously it is evidence! AND as we recall, both the Sheriff and the DA said they were looking for another person involved, so this guy is giving enough info so that other perps could make up a story. Police test stories based on DETAILS, and they always withhold some details from the public.

Really they should go to a judge make this guy stop. Just gag him. I understand completely why he wants to tell the story - who wouldn't? He's a hero now for finding Holly. But he is giving away the state's case just for 15 minutes on local news. That's just stupid, in my opinion. Stop talking, please!

Yes, the body may have been moved, but the body could have been there all the time. The only search was done by volunteers who may not have noticed a shallow grave or a bucket. The bucket may be something the killers used to mark the place in the woods - like a headstone they could find again if they decided to move her to yet another place. Most people wouldn't look twice at an old bucket laying in the woods. Police or trained searchers would, but even people who are in the woods a lot might not see it as evidence when they are looking for a young woman. Recall that many thought she would still be alive then - they weren't even searching for a body.

Personally, I don't believe that area was searched thoroughly and she's been there all the time. There were never cadaver dogs there or they might have found her. It's baffling, but again there were so many places to look it's a needle in a haystack.

Maybe Mr. S simply finds firm directives from LE on this matter intimidating. Doesn't mean he was beaten with rubber hoses or threatened. Could just mean that he was very firmly cautioned repeatedly that if details were leaked it could jeopardize the case against her killer(s) and that they would be very displeased and consider filing charges for interfering with the investigation. I might find that a sort of cautioning intimidating but that does not mean LE have acted improperly (in this regard) IMO

I am much more concerned about the Pearcy brothers and their arrests and whether those men are even involved or should be in jail based on what feels very flimsy (to me) but then that is for the other thread discussion for arrests.

I don't feel TBI has acted improperly at all by telling Mr. S to keep his mouth shut to press and public about details of his sad discovery in the woods.

I think the TBI told this witness not to talk about what he saw because obviously it is evidence! AND as we recall, both the Sheriff and the DA said they were looking for another person involved, so this guy is giving enough info so that other perps could make up a story. Police test stories based on DETAILS, and they always withhold some details from the public.

Really they should go to a judge make this guy stop. Just gag him.
I understand completely why he wants to tell the story - who wouldn't? He's a hero now for finding Holly. But he is giving away the state's case just for 15 minutes on local news. That's just stupid, in my opinion. Stop talking, please!

Yes, the body may have been moved, but the body could have been there all the time. The only search was done by volunteers who may not have noticed a shallow grave or a bucket. The bucket may be something the killers used to mark the place in the woods - like a headstone they could find again if they decided to move her to yet another place. Most people wouldn't look twice at an old bucket laying in the woods. Police or trained searchers would, but even people who are in the woods a lot might not see it as evidence when they are looking for a young woman. Recall that many thought she would still be alive then - they weren't even searching for a body.

Personally, I don't believe that area was searched thoroughly and she's been there all the time. There were never cadaver dogs there or they might have found her. It's baffling, but again there were so many places to look it's a needle in a haystack.

Maybe Mr. S simply finds firm directives from LE on this matter intimidating. Doesn't mean he was beaten with rubber hoses or threatened. Could just mean that he was very firmly cautioned repeatedly that if details were leaked it could jeopardize the case against her killer(s) and that they would be very displeased and consider filing charges for interfering with the investigation. I might find that a sort of cautioning intimidating but that does not mean LE have acted improperly (in this regard) IMO

I am much more concerned about the Pearcy brothers and their arrests and whether those men are even involved or should be in jail based on what feels very flimsy (to me) but then that is for the other thread discussion for arrests.

I don't feel TBI has acted improperly at all by telling Mr. S to keep his mouth shut to press and public about details of his sad discovery in the woods.

I honor and respect all opinions by others, but imo too often investigators unnecessarily withhold virtually all evidence and hold back info in cases due to their antiquated strategy of silence. Imo, we have witnessed this silence and misinfo strategy by the TBI since 04/13/2011. Often times intimidation tactics are utilized by investigators to muzzle witnesses from sharing information in a case. This is what is often referred too as the 'us against them attitude', and only causes suspicion and distrust between the public and law enforcement.

As a recipient of police(GBI/DCSO) intimidation in a 2008 GA abduction/murder investigation, I have witnessed both sides of this conundrum..

Abduction/murder cases such as Holly Bobos' are inherently newsworthy, therefore high profile. As in this case, some investigations last for years. Many attract attention because of the type of victim/s involved, and circumstances surrounding the case. Media attention is exacerbated by the insatiable demands of the twenty-four-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week cable tv news cycle and internet social media sites.

Often the relationship between LE and the media, as well as the citizenry is not a very close one. In some LEAs, there is a long history of distrust and resentment underpinning this relationship. From the LE's perspective, the media publishes unauthorized information from investigations, witnesses, and suspects, and hypothesizes on investigations progress. From the media&#8217;s standpoint, law enforcement withholds entirely too much information and does not communicate adequately with the media. Imo, It is counterproductive for LE/TBI to sustain their contentious relationship with the media and public, while attempting to develop an overall strategy for a successful investigation. The only party who benefits from this negative relationship is the murderer/s, who may continue to avoid detection and delay or deny justice for the innocent victim. Imo, A professional, respectful, transparent, and cooperative relationship between LE/TBI and the media/citizenry will produce better results while serving the missions of both, imo. An aware citizenry is a very valuable investigative resource for LE in abduction/murder investigations, imo..
If not for the awareness of the ginseng hunters, and guidance of divine intervention, imo, Holly Bobo&#8217;s remains may have never been recovered....

http://www.webpronews.com/holly-bobo-gag-order-request-denied-by-judge-2014-05
Holly Bobo Gag Order Request Denied By Judge May 28, 2014
Earlier today it was reported that the prosecution in the Holly Bobo case was seeking to have a gag order issued.

If granted, the gag order would ensure that anyone attached to the case could not discuss any relevant information. Persons who violated the gag order would have been held in contempt of court.

Circuit Court Judge Charles Creed McGinley said on Wednesday that he had no intention of issuing a gag order &#8220;at this time&#8221;.

McGinley also stated that in the 26 years he has been a judge, he has not once issued such an order.

Despite multiple men being detained for possibly being responsible for Bobo&#8217;s death, investigators say that her body has not been recovered.
<sniped - read more>

Holly Bobo remains found after three years of searching
http://www.13wmaz.com/media/cinematic/video/15321517/

I don't think they are really intimidating him. That was the word that the reporter used and I doubt Stone even used that word.

Please don't be in denial. This is what was said: "NewsChannel 5 was scheduled to do an in-depth interview with Larry Stone at his home on Thursday, but Stone said he was intimidated by a TBI Agent and threatened with jail time if he spoke with the media." When it explicitly says "threatened with jail time," it's abundantly clear.

Is interfering with an active and ongoing investigation considered a crime? I would think there would be possible charges that would result in arrest. I will leave it at that. Threatening someone who breaks the law could result in being arrested which lands one in jail.

I feel very badly for the two gentlemen who found what they found. But I don't think TBI telling them do not discuss details of what you found at this active crime scene to be out of line and outlining possible repercussions of ignoring that directive to be wrong per se. That is simply my own and I respect that others feel differently.

I'll be honest....I just want to know. Its not that I can help in the investigation anymore. Its pure and simple curiosity in a case that I have followed since the day it happened.

I also admit that I followed the case because of Holly's looks and the unique circumstances in the abduction. My twin daughters were Holly's age and attended community college near home at the time. They are beautiful, blue-eyed, homecoming court type girls...and my connection with Holly was probably due to my own family dynamics. I connected with her quickly...and with her mom.

The initial reports were of a "home invasion." We don't see those words that often around here. So that drew me in, as well. Later, we learned it was not a home invasion. We talked for hours about whether Holly was taken from a garage, a carport, the driveway, a shed that looks like a garage in the back of the home..or even an area in the home that once served as a garage/carport. It was for naught...but we discussed it at length because we had so little to go on in those months.

If they must hold back information, then I will accept that. But I want them to find everyone who had any knowledge or role in Holly's demise. And I will clear the calendar when these scumbags come to trial. I want to see justice for this horrible crime...and this lovely girl who was ripped from her life.

Please don't be in denial. This is what was said: "NewsChannel 5 was scheduled to do an in-depth interview with Larry Stone at his home on Thursday, but Stone said he was intimidated by a TBI Agent and threatened with jail time if he spoke with the media." When it explicitly says "threatened with jail time," it's abundantly clear.

Okay, here's the thing. Countless hours and dollars have gone into this investigation and they have stated clearly that they are not done. Obviously, they don't want anyone involved skating because of loose lips. I don't see anything at all wrong with the TBI explaining to Mr. Stone why they don't want him to talk to the media, what it might do to the case, and what the consequences of that might be.

That message might have been delivered very professionally and still could have hit Mr. Stone wrong. Maybe he doesn't like to be told what to do and what started as a polite conversation ended badly. Maybe he's a wuss and a professionally delivered message scared the pants off him, and that's why he kept saying they intimidated him. Maybe he's so shaken up by what he saw that he uncharacteristically over-reacted and the conversation went south. And, to show that I have an open mind, maybe the TBI agent was an over-bearing jerk who meant to scare the crap out of him.

My point is simply that we don't know how the conversation transpired. To go right to the worst possible scenario, without evidence one way or the other, seems like the same sort of profiling the police are often accused of.

I don't see anything at all wrong with the TBI explaining to Mr. Stone why they don't want him to talk to the media, what it might do to the case, and what the consequences of that might be.

I have no problem with any of that, and I doubt anyone else would either.

I do have a problem with them "threatening him with jail time" for talking to the media. That's very different from a discussion and a request, and there's been no dispute by LE that the reporter or the witness got it wrong.

In addition, I'm somewhat appalled at all who are making excuses that LE couldn't, wouldn't, and so certainly didn't threaten this guy. There's been not a single iota of evidence that he's delusional or exaggerating. If we get something to the contrary, I'll be glad to accept it, but this fits the same pattern we've been seeing in this case where LE is eager to toss people in jail, including potential witnesses, if they aren't catered to. Not only is that illegal, but in the long run, it can jeopardize the case by making witnesses leery of even talking to such *advertiser censored*holes, lest they get tossed into jail or abused legally for trying to help.

I have no problem with any of that, and I doubt anyone else would either.

I do have a problem with them "threatening him with jail time" for talking to the media. That's very different from a discussion and a request, and there's been no dispute by LE that the reporter or the witness got it wrong.

In addition, I'm somewhat appalled at all who are making excuses that LE couldn't, wouldn't, and so certainly didn't threaten this guy. There's been not a single iota of evidence that he's delusional or exaggerating. If we get something to the contrary, I'll be glad to accept it, but this fits the same pattern we've been seeing in this case where LE is eager to toss people in jail, including potential witnesses, if they aren't catered to. Not only is that illegal, but in the long run, it can jeopardize the case by making witnesses leery of even talking to such *advertiser censored*holes, lest they get tossed into jail or abused legally for trying to help.

Speaking for myself, I don't think I'm making excuses for anybody. My mind is open to facts, which I don't believe we have. In fact, if it can be documented with facts that the TBI did directly and unlawfully threaten Mr. Stone, I'll write a letter to Mr. Gwynn myself. But I don't think a paraphrased semi-quote by a third party even qualifies as hearsay.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back