VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so. I think "defile" can have many meanings here from something like that all the way to attempted rape.

i feel like it means he kidnapped her with the intent to do harm to her that was of a sexual nature.

How about this:
1. They found HG's DNA in his car or apartment, thus the new warrant, but
2. They are still waiting for a match of HIS DNA to potential other cases, since they just pulled his clothes and they need time.

Any takers?

Lots of love being sent to HG's family and friends.

How would that prove intent to defile though? The defile charges seem pretty specific and not just rape or sex which is all that DNA would prove.

Perhaps there was something in his cell records related to his intent.

That never occurred to me, but you might be right and DNA proving she was in his car perhaps? Interesting! He may not have known what evidence they had, but he knew they had his phone, maybe that caused him to run after talking to the lawyer. Just a thought.

I base my opinion on observations his co-workers have made public. Something about Jesse have boundary issues, inappropriate social behavior, and trying to be "too helpful" to females. Not trying to mitigate anything. I'm not a lawyer so I won't be representing Jesse if he is charged.

You don't need to be a lawyer to try to mitigate a possible suspect's culpability.

I am curious, if this charge could be based on something a witness at tempo saw or overheard, or was told by the suspect after seeing him leave with an obviously inebriated HG.

Call me overly cautious, but I don't think they have anything more than this at the moment. If there was DNA, I would expect some acknowledgement of that. Not of course to the point where they reveal what DNA evidence they have or where it was located, naturally. I just find this odd.

That said. I don't doubt for a second that LE is sure this is their perp, or that these tactics will not only bring him in but also lead to finding HG. We'll just have to wait and see.

I'm wondering if his DNAdoes match, and they don't want a panic.. If he is a match to a prior rape, then can basically assume his intent? Maybe they don't want to know there's a serial on the loose. Just rambling, sorry.

Chief Longo did state vehemently that there would not be an arrest warrant issued unless a conviction would certainly follow. He said that from the start, so I believe they are certain.

Wow. Abduction with intent to defile. I'll be damned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right...not intent to sexually assault. I don't know if there is a different legal definition in VA state law statutes for intent to sexually assault.

Why would you want to do that when LE most likely has JM's DNA to be able to make this charge, and could match it with other cases and add it the charges or make that announcement that he is so linked? This just about ends the speculation.
I respectfully disagree. I am not sure his DNA has even been processed yet.

Reading the statute, I am seeing prostitution included as a possibility in the definition of intent to defile - not solely rape. Can this be trafficking? I have thought that was what was going on since the beginning....

Why don't they just say rape why defile? Political correctness?

idk maybe in the virginia law rape has a very strict definition of what it is and they didn't feel like they could prove it yet.

Im definitely not making excuses for JLM and in fact have zero sympathy for him at all but I agree with the assessment about his maturity level.

The condition of Jesses car, the expired inspection sticker, his numerous garnishments, his living situation, the likelihood that he has very little money yet is a regular at local bars and his working what is basically an entry level job, his speeding away from police, getting into numerous fights, poor impulse control, anger management issues, all of that, taken as a whole, is not what a person would typically expect from a middle-aged 33 year old man.

Maybe a person in their late teens or early 20s.No offense intended as Im sure many of them are much more mature than him........ which kind of illustrates my point.

Thank you. What multiple fights, poor impulse control and anger management issues? I haven't seen all that. Help me out.

First post. I have been following this fairly obsessively. I'm a lawyer in Richmond. Chief Longo specifically mentioned a trial. He isn't going to say anything that could mess with a future prosecution. The mere mention of trial leads me to believe he knows this is going somewhere. (Note: I practice boring business law!).

They have is cell phone correct? If so forensics may have come across deleted pics. Hence the 'more evidence' to charge him.

Based on what I read, I think all they would need to have on him is that she was in his car, then never seen again. They just need to have some kind of evidence that he intended to do her harm in some way - they don't actually need evidence yet that harm was done.

They would need more than that. Otherwise, JM could say that he just dropped her off at X. Clearly, there was some sign of attempted rape, not just assault, but rape. Can't tell if it actually occurred, but there must be some DNA present to show that. Enough evidence from those who saw her that could say she was disoriented. Cell texts show she was on her way to something. So he took here in his car, knowing she was not all there mentally, drunk or whatever, and made moves on her with DNA, probably semen evidence present.

It is possilble to claim that sex was consensual and she was then dropped off somewhere, but that starts getting into the "unreasonable" area. Case may follow same pattern of that of Alexis Murphy where no body was needed for charges and even conviction. Her assailant may have first been picked up on the very same charges.

Chief Longo did state vehemently that there would not be an arrest warrant issued unless a conviction would certainly follow. He said that from the start, so I believe they are certain.

It doesn't matter what the evidence is...A conviction will be extremely easy to obtain, unless someone else confesses before then.

I'm wondering if his DNAdoes match, and they don't want a panic.. If he is a match to a prior rape, then can basically assume his intent? Maybe they don't want to know there's a serial on the loose. Just rambling, sorry.

If they have verification that a known rapist is at large they have a responsibility to inform the public of this. I can't imagine them holding back this information.

I'd say abduction with intent to defile leaves him out of MH case. No DNA match.

Geez...abduction? Then what?

We don't know that. It's not like LE just placed all their cards on the table. We have no idea what they may have against him.

Think maybe they found her? JMO

Thread moving quickly, you may not catch my post.
Approx. 1 second after leaving the podium, during the pc on 9/23/14 at approx. 7pm est. a reporter asked a question. The chief doubled back to the podium to answer. I was unable to hear the question. I can presume the question was "are you still looking for Hannah"; because chief answered...paraphrasing here; "yes we are still looking for Hannah, that is our still our main focus" (again paraphrasing). Chief apologized for not mentioning his answer in the pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member