VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is how I feel....After an 11-day investigation, they have significant evidence to charge him w/ abduction and intent to defile? Why is it every other case...we hear for years, LE doesn't have enough, and in this case, it takes a little over a week?

Um, because this time the suspect was "caught on tape"? I'm not trying to be a smartA$$ here, but I do believe LE has more than they are telling us, just as they say. Plus forensic evidence is not limited to DNA...anyway, having JLM on tape accelerated this investigation, IMO.

Something significant transpired to change his "wanted" status. This does not happen "willy nilly" in a high profile case like this. They have something that is VERY significant. Of that I am certain.

I think they have struggled to actually find evidence, period. They impounded his car and searched his house twice, and have been asking what anyone saw.

The strategy seems to be to apply pressure, and MAKE him mess up. They see him speeding, but dont pull him over. Instead they issue an arrest warrant. They leak his ssn and follow him. Personally, i think they know exactly where he is. If they didnt know, that means they wouldnt know if he returned to body.

They could upgrade the charge on current evidence, before dna comes back, in hopes that he will turn himself in (because he thinks hes been caught). It could be just increasing the pressure, not new evidence.

I don't know what you are basing that comment on. How do we know what evidence they found? They certainly took things - bags of things - they returned for two specific items and they found and took those two things...to me the word struggled implies that they have some vendetta against JM and are out to get him. Of course, you are free to believe this....for the record, I do not!

There are a TON of cases out there with false convictions based on LE's reckless behavior. You don't have to believe it is happening in this case, but please be aware it does happen! LE is not perfect, our justice system is not perfect. Also, I have never, not once, suggested his race was a factor in anything.

Like this conviction on the same charge. Someone linked to a different article earlier. http://www.readthehook.com/109910/exculpatory-evidence-not-admitted-abduction-trial

There are a TON of cases out there with false convictions based on LE's reckless behavior. You don't have to believe it is happening in this case, but please be aware it does happen! LE is not perfect, our justice system is not perfect. Also, I have never, not once, suggested his race was a factor in anything.

I know it happens. That's why I am saying if they don't have the goods it won't go to court, or if it does, the facts will not prove out. My race comment was not attributed to you. Sorry if it seemed that way. MOO.

I get the creepy feeling that were about to open a can of worm's with LJ's name on them. We're going to find out that this isn't his first crime of this nature. My guess is based on my homework, that this guy has been doing things of this nature for a very long time! Here's to hoping LE and the Justice system can bring closure to victim(s) families. My Thoughts and Prayers!

Unfortunately, I've seen too many case where yes LE is reckless. I do compare them to other LE and that is why I have my suspicions. I don't believe Longo has been typical at all, but that is just my opinion. I think it says a lot that the DA was hesitant over the weekend to agree with him, and that there is this "lesser" charge of attempt right now. It almost feels like the DA is saying "Okay, give it a shot, but you still need more".

its intent not attempt.

I am also confused as to why longo made no reference to JM being dangerous, and what area they suspect him to be in. Standard APB stuff.

Yes, and why not put a pic of a lt blue sentra as a car he may be driving? (Unless that car has been found or returned to sister)

he gave some verbiage to the effect that there was a lot more information but he couldn't release it for a few more days so I think the acknowledgement is coming. I get what you are saying but i personally (just my opinion) can't fathom that they would be so aggressive towards him as they have been if all they had was ppl seeing them at the bar etc., especially if they had done searches and thats still all they had. They would be setting themselves up to look a fool and to major law suites.

ITA perhaps they have a prior victim(s) that have come forward with stories similar to HG and were able to link JM to them. I would think they would keep that information from the public to protect potential witnesses. :moo:

Often when I think of date rape drugs given to girls, I'm aware that they (the girls) can be passed around to friends. That is my fear. I've always thought of that with several of the missing girls from that Virginia area. RAT was a start but I have always suspected there was a group of guys or at least two involved and he was part of the group. I don't think I'm the only one that thinks that.I'm thinking LE,FBI etc are getting very close to the solving this.

For all who think LE and the FBI may not have a lot of evidence I can promise you there's 99.9% that they know/have that we don't and won't know about at this time. I think this is big and bless her heart Hannah is not going to be the only victim in this investigation.

I know it happens. That's why I am saying if they don't have the goods it won't go to court, or if it does, the facts will not prove out. My race comment was not attributed to you. Sorry if it seemed that way. MOO.

What I am telling you is these types of cases DO go to court, and DO get convictions, that is why I said there are a ton of "FALSE CONVICTIONS" out there. Someone else linked this article if you want to read it. It is one of so many though.

http://www.readthehook.com/109910/exculpatory-evidence-not-admitted-abduction-trial

I mentioned the date rape drug, this could be the case. No proof of actual rape, but discovery of the drug and knowledge he abducted her. I keep thinking about the fact LE was seeking the car before JM, could they have footage of her being forced into the car, but not the the person that was forcing her?

Even without a date rape drug, they could be using the fact that JM gave HG more liquor when she was already observed to be fairly well intoxicated. Add that to the fact that they have a text message about her desire to find a party to which he could have taken her since he had a vehicle. She never made it to the party, so the suspicion could be that he had her in his car and she never made it to her party? Wonder what JM said to the bartender when he bought those drinks?

THANK YOU! Now maybe we can dispense with the sex trafficking talk! It's just a distraction in my opinion. Ranks right up there with ISIS being involved. :)

Amen! I wish there was a way to block any post using the words "sex-trafficking," "ISIS"(yeah, someone suggested it!), "WG could have done it" and of course "latex gloves."

What I am telling you is these types of cases DO go to court, and DO get convictions, that is why I said there are a ton of "FALSE CONVICTIONS" out there. Someone else linked this article if you want to read it. It is one of so many though.

http://www.readthehook.com/109910/exculpatory-evidence-not-admitted-abduction-trial

So far, this looks like a candidate......but who knows, maybe there is a lot of evidence not being released. But the endorphin level of Longo is a little scary to me.

forgive me ... but what has happened

So far, this looks like a candidate......but who knows, maybe there is a lot of evidence not being released. But the endorphin level of Longo is a little scary to me.

It just has that sketchy feel. I hope it doesn't turn out that way. At this point, I hope JM is guilty and all this is for something and doesn't backfire. That would not be good for justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500