Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #5 ***ARRESTS***

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case, The Channon Christian/Chris Newsom & Jodi Sanderholm cases are the worst I've heard of when it comes to how much the victims suffered.

Is there a who's who list of these folks under investigation and what they've either been charged with or under investigation for?

If he supposedly admitted that way back on Sept 17th, then why weren't the charges for the rape filed at the same time the charges for tampering with evidence filed?

If he supposedly admitted that way back on Sept 17th, then why weren't the charges for the rape filed at the same time the charges for tampering with evidence filed?

something I am trying to figure out too.

I was wondering that too Hatfield.

something I am trying to figure out too.

Just taking a "wild guess" here: Could it be they needed Grand Jury indictments for the "forcible rape" charges, and the GJ did not meet until this morning ?

From News Channel 5 today:

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said 26-year-old John Dylan Adams was indicted Tuesday morning by a special Grand Jury in Decatur County on two counts of rape.

Link: http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/news...279156481.html

From WSMV today :

A special grand jury in Decatur County returned indictments against Adams on Tuesday morning.

Link: http://www.wsmv.com/story/26782753/s...counts-of-rape

Is there a who's who list of these folks under investigation and what they've either been charged with or under investigation for?

These are all the charges/arrests that we know of related to Holly's rape/kidnapping/murder -- so far.

Zachary Adams:

- Charged with Especially Aggravated Kidnapping and First Degree Murder
- Currently in jail

Jason Autry:

- Charged with Especially Aggravated Kidnapping and Murder
- Currently in jail

Dylan Adams:

- Charged with Rape and Tampering with Evidence/Disposal of Evidence
- Currently in jail

Mark Pearcy:

- Charged with Accessory After the Fact and Tampering with Evidence
- Currently in jail

Jeff Pearcy:
- NOT in jail

Shayne Austin:

- "Immunity Deal" ?
- Whereabouts "unknown"

Relations:

- Zachary, Jason, and Shayne are "BFF's"

- Dylan is Zachary's younger brother.

- Mark Pearcy and Jeff Pearcy are half-brothers.

I hope this helps!

Just taking a "wild guess" here: Could it be they needed Grand Jury indictments for the "forcible rape" charges, and the GJ did not meet until this morning ?

From News Channel 5 today:

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said 26-year-old John Dylan Adams was indicted Tuesday morning by a special Grand Jury in Decatur County on two counts of rape.

Link: http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/news...279156481.html

From WSMV today :

A special grand jury in Decatur County returned indictments against Adams on Tuesday morning.

Link: http://www.wsmv.com/story/26782753/s...counts-of-rape

Its as good a guess as any.

I've been reading the articles very carefully and a couple things look concerning to me. Like in this spot here...

"On September 17, 2014, this agent heard Dylan Adams tell other agent with the TBI that on April 13, 2011, Dylan Adams disposed of item(s) he knew possessed evidentiary value relating to Holly Bobo, a warrant said. "

Why would 1 agent have to say what he heard Dylan say to another agent?
Why cant the TBI just get the direct agent that was told by Dylan?
And what really are "agents"? Could they be just jail informants and maybe considered "agents" for them?

Also, this wording here is interesting...

"Adams admitted to TBI agents that he was involved in the forcible rape of Holly Bobo on April 13, 2011, "

Does "involved in" really mean raped her himself?
Or could it possibly just mean that since he was present and basically helping hide evidence that now he can be charged along with the others as if he did commit the crime of rape?
Like someone else mentioned that when you are present, you are guilty anyway.

This case continues to confuse the heck out of me.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...-adams-charged-rape-holly-bobo-case/17251013/

This is a great development.

But Hatfield, you make some great points. I'd add one more to them, mentioned again in the above referenced articles, where the wording being used sounds like TBI is skirting transparency somehow, and that the real story might be different than they are telling. (In this one, we actually know the spin story, and the real story.).

I want to trust what they say, but this keeps making me wary.

TBI version to the media: Through information developed over the course of the investigation, TBI agents learned last month that 26-year old John Dylan Adams of Holladay disposed of items he knew to be of evidentiary value to the case, the agency said.

"Information developed" ..."course of the investigation"....words that sound like a long investigatory path in which they dug out facts, pieced them together, and that led them to this conclusion.

Reality: the "information developed over the course of the investigation," as the agency worded it, was (according to the court documents) actually nothing more than listening to what Dylan Adams had said to them the same day they arrested him, and then locking him up for it.

Why the spin, rather than transparency? Deliberate deception bothers me, and makes me wonder where else they are fudging the facts for appearances.

One other item to note, that hints at something puzzling: DA was indicted on TWO counts of rape, not one.

This is a great development.

But Hatfield, you make some great points. I'd add one more to them, mentioned again in the above referenced articles, where the wording being used sounds like TBI is skirting transparency somehow, and that the real story might be different than they are telling. (In this one, we actually know the spin story, and the real story.).

I want to trust what they say, but this keeps making me wary.

TBI version to the media: Through information developed over the course of the investigation, TBI agents learned last month that 26-year old John Dylan Adams of Holladay disposed of items he knew to be of evidentiary value to the case, the agency said.

"Information developed" ..."course of the investigation"....words that sound like a long investigatory path in which they dug out facts, pieced them together, and that led them to this conclusion.

Reality: the "information developed over the course of the investigation," as the agency worded it, was (according to the court documents) actually nothing more than listening to what Dylan Adams had said to them the same day they arrested him, and then locking him up for it.

Why the spin, rather than transparency? Deliberate deception bothers me, and makes me wonder where else they are fudging the facts for appearances.

Exactly. On one hand, I want to be happy they are progressing this case, but then when I start to really digest what we really are being told, I get very concerned.

I am at the point where I think that basic incompetence has played a large part in why this case took so long to solve and why it seems more confusing than it needed to be.

Yeah the two counts is puzzling to me as well. Would that mean two separate incidences? Both on the day she disappeared?

Good guess dog.gone on the grand jury.

Mark Pearcy:

- Not in jail

Jeff Pearcy:
- Currently in jail

FYI, the actual jail status on those two is the opposite of how you have it listed. MP is in jail, JP is not.

Yeah the two counts is puzzling to me as well. Would that mean two separate incidences? Both on the day she disappeared? .

Combined with Hatfield's question about the significance (if any) of the report that Dylan was "involved in" rape, it's left less than clear exactly what he might have confessed to doing.

two separate instances, two acts during one incident? Can he be charged with forcible rape if he helped bind her or hold her down or otherwise secure her so that others could rape her? I honestly don't know.

FYI, the actual jail status on those two is the opposite of how you have it listed. MP is in jail, JP is not.

You are correct, Steve !

Oh wow, my mistake and I missed it when I went back and "proof read."

I corrected my original post !

:seeya: Thanks Steve !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics