GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #11 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reporter states when we asked (she said "we" so I imagine she means someone on the nbc staff?), (who did they ask?, the person who answered the phone at the police station?), "they couldn't answer that question". I assume the reporter is referring to someone who works for the police department but we don't know who they contacted. Like, if an investigator answered or if a phone person indicated LE isn't giving out info about the case in general. Good reporting uses quoted statements given by a named person such as, Officer Tilley said.

Not trying to be difficult, but in most cases, info isn't considered a fact unless it comes from a named LE.
Reporting is so lame these days imo. Tilley stated he's not working to please the public, just working to find evidence to support if a crime has been committed. No news from him, is no meaningful news imo.

I agree generally with way your saying but I would say that regardless of who it came from it does seem to me to be a bit of a change of tone.

The problem is there is probably 500 cameras with in a mile radius of that garage. the likely hood of a poi outside the group not being brought to media's attention is highly unlikely. Outside of the dunkin donuts camera being broken, there isn't access into that garage without being on camera...
just to add, the 500 cameras is an exaggeration but meant to imply how many cameras are in that area

BBM .. LINK??
There is nothing I have on file that states this statement is factual.
This is how things get contorted in cases

I think tatum mapped out the cameras but I believe (moo) she would have been seen

Correct. MOO - there is a blind spot from the cameras where one or two cars could have activity without being seen on Lois Ln which runs directly behind the parking garage. Additionally, if leaving the parking garage on foot with the intention of going to her friends apartment on Scruggs then I found only one way to do it without being picked up on the visible cameras however; the route seems extremely unlikely plus why would she be dodging cameras if she was just seen on one at 3:57 am?

Remember that people often jump at opportunity and do not typically take the time to research their surroundings. Try to stay within the KISS rule (keep it simple stupid). Acting on an impulse opportunity only, let's try to examin what happen given the two scenarios below:

A) she willing goes with someone.

B) she is unwillingly taken.

My two cents:
A) in this scenario I would believe that phone activity would have likely continued, at least enough to no longer register at the shops provided she had her phone and at least a tiny bit of better left.

Ps - By KISS I am not calling anyone stupid but rather saying keep it so simple it seems almost stupid. Thanks!!

BBM .. LINK??
There is nothing I have on file that states this statement is factual.
This is how things get contorted in cases

Hi TYM, no one said that DD camera was broken. I had brought that up in a what-if scenario only. To my knowledge we have nothing indicating DD camera is operable or inoperable.

Thanks!

I don't think it is 100% obvious that any of her friends are guilty. It would be an ideal time for a predator to grab a woman on her own, like Mickey. And Mickey seemed aware and prepared ,yet in the end it did not help her. Christina was likely distracted, maybe digging through her bag or searching her car for keys. Jmo

Hi TYM, no one said that DD camera was broken. I had brought that up in a what-if scenario only. To my knowledge we have nothing indicating DD camera is operable or inoperable.

Thanks!

.... thanks tatum for clearing that up

Correct. MOO - there is a blind spot from the cameras where one or two cars could have activity without being seen on Lois Ln which runs directly behind the parking garage. Additionally, if leaving the parking garage on foot with the intention of going to her friends apartment on Scruggs then I found only one way to do it without being picked up on the visible cameras however; the route seems extremely unlikely plus why would she be dodging cameras if she was just seen on one at 3:57 am?

Remember that people often jump at opportunity and do not typically take the time to research their surroundings. Try to stay within the KISS rule (keep it simple stupid). Acting on an impulse opportunity only, let's try to examin what happen given the two scenarios below:

A) she willing goes with someone.

B) she is unwillingly taken.

My two cents:
A) in this scenario I would believe that phone activity would have likely continued, at least enough to no longer register at the shops provided she had her phone and at least a tiny bit of better left.

Ps - By KISS I am not calling anyone stupid but rather saying keep it so simple it seems almost stupid. Thanks!!

jesse matthew jr is textbook opportunistic predator.... Cameras was not on his mind as well. MOO ppd would of had video of somebody if there was thought to be an outsider involved that needed to be identified

Anyone else think that the deception along with the sketch resemble EA? Lewisville is very close to the shops and that is the city that Christina and her boyfriend were just at that Lake.

This is just my opinion, what do you think? :drumroll:

IMO it doesn't look anything like the few pictures I've seen of him, and from the few pictures I've seen of him I would not describe him as having a muscular build. Only the age and the hispanic part. I think this is something to keep in mind not because this is EA but because per other news reports someone of this description has apparently been involve in multiple attacks in the lewisville area and the fact that this could be a stranger abduction is always a possibility that possibility is remote but in my mind it would be slightly less remote if there was a recent pattern of attacks in the area.

LEWISVILLE, TX — A serial attacker may be targeting women in Lewisville. Now police are out with a new sketch.

The last reported case happened October 9 near State Highway 121 Business and Valley View Lane.

[....]

Lewisville detectives say there have been similar attacks in the same area over the past 60 days. No word on the extent of those attacks.

http://cw33.com/2014/10/17/serial-attacker-lewisville-woman-dragged-under-bridge/

Thanks!

Yes the what if scenarios is too many to condense ..LOL

I was just about to type that I swear. SO CRAZY! If we are going with the fact that she was meeting with someone for a less than legal reason, I would automatically assume the windows are tinted. I know where I live however, in the city it is NO problem police will not pull you over for window tints, but the two towns that surround the city LOVE to give tickets out and pull people over for tints, can the local Plano people fill us in on the tint situation, is it common? Would it get someone pulled over?

IMHO ...Yes that is a very real possibility. LE is having to look in any and all directions. That may include current and past associations

Goes to Whataburger
Which one? do we have video?

would be interesting to know who was included in trip and whose car they used.

Last text asking bf to leave door unlocked because she cant find keys
On camera Leaving to go and walks with walker at 3:57am 8/30/2014.

I don think this is a big deal but technically this was reported as two text

NEW INFORMATION-as of 9/18

-Christina sent a text at 3:36am to her boyfriend who was at home asleep that said “I can’t find the keys to the house.” after no response at 3:58am, 1 minute after the surveillance footage was taken, she sent another text to her boyfriend that said, “Can you please leave the door unlocked?” –As said by her mother “This means she must have gotten a ride with someone.”

http://www.uptowndallasgirl.com/dallas-news/missing-woman-christina-morris-updates-and-how-to-help/

Is there a possibility she could of walked back to apartment and not seen on camera?

obviously i don't *know* but since they were on camera walking there I would think she would be on camera walking back, one exception would be that if whoever was reviewing the tapes stopped after seeing them the first time.

Hello,WS - first time posting on this case so bear with me...just read the timeline of events (nice post, btw). So do we know if the police have looked at the entire security tape? Isn't it possible that someone was waiting for her near her car and waited for her to part ways with her friend? Was it a free parking lot? What cars left after 3:57am? Could it be some random guy that had his eye on her in whatever place they were in last? This happens way too much. Very sorry for her family and friends.

HI HAPPYSHOES ...
Let me be the 1st one to apologize that your 1st post was not WELCOMED right away ... .... Buckle your seat belt ..it might get a bit bumpy at times..
There are many many posts and threads (Eleven to be exact) to read and re read ..

:wagon::wagon::welcome::welcome::wagon::wagon:

Thanks for the welcome, I see Bootsctr is on here (hey, girl)....This case is so sad. I hope other young ladies will learn to be aware of their surroundings, and HAVE YOUR KEYS IN YOUR HANDS, and please don't be texting every minute of every day. If she had her keys, she could have hit the alarm button if someone jumped out at her. Was she at What-a-Burger or at friends' apartment before going to her car? Seems they went quite a few places and there may have been some creep keeping an eye on her. Will keep checking in and hoping for the best.

I call it like I see it...and picketing his home was every bit tawdry, imo.

Definition: taw·dry /ˈtôdrē/adjective
1. showy but cheap and of poor quality.
"tawdry jewelry"
synonyms: gaudy, flashy, showy, garish, loud;

https://www.google.com/#q=tawdry

While it jarred someone into putting up more reward money, maybe they were hoping by doing so the family would find answers another way...imo.

isn't this kind of bashing the family? not really necessary. some of you may not agree with what they are doing, but aren't they considered victims here?

I call it like I see it...and picketing his home was every bit tawdry, imo.

Definition: taw·dry /ˈtôdrē/adjective
1. showy but cheap and of poor quality.
"tawdry jewelry"
synonyms: gaudy, flashy, showy, garish, loud;

https://www.google.com/#q=tawdry

While it jarred someone into putting up more reward money, maybe they were hoping by doing so the family would find answers another way...imo.

I agree.. there have been many cases that the $$has been up in the $100'000s range and still it goes unsolved and nobody speaks.
The way I understand it ...It has been the opinion that in cases where there might be a cover up of sorts this happens.

Hi,
This is off topic....I love your kittie cat. Love, love that dress. Did you make the outfit? If you bought it, where? If you made, do you sell them? Thanks...

If I may, I would like to quote a very wise person and quite helpful on many cases here on WS (with his permission). Thank you, Trackergd!

Trackers Rule #6 - A perp will (in many cases) insert himself/herself or an associate into an investigation and/or search operation (to some degree) to keep tabs on how close the investigation is getting to him/her and to throw disinformation into the case.

We are all aware of how many perps have been involved in searches for missing children...only to be found out later. Sometimes their actions and conversation are their undoing.

How many times have we seen faked PM's, FB posts and text messages used to throw off an investigation? What does the perp need? Time, alibi and distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard