Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sent Tammy's info over to Dr. D yesterday, and got a response early this morning:

I hope Tammy's sister does get her DNA into the system. However, I don't believe our decedent is Tammy. Tammy has very definitive moles on her face that should still be there even if faded out. They are not present on the decedent from Walker County.
Thanks,
S

Tammy's sisters DNA has been sent to Texas. We're waiting for it to be processed.

Question, does anyone see moles on Tammy's chin and left cheek?

At least one of those "moles" on her chin appears to be a speck of dirt on the photo, as evidenced by a circle of image discoloration around the spot. The "mole" on her left cheek also has a similar circle around it, though that one is less obvious.

One other thing - The same photo appears in B&W in Tammy's HS yearbook. And while it is not real clear in the yearbook, I can zoom in, and I don't see any sign of those "moles" on the yearbook version of that portrait.

1403e477-03a0-44cd-914a-b56d90804de3.jpg
5707f71d-7803-40da-ae8c-708df94c2ae5.jpg

I think you're right about the things that look like moles being water spots or something, but the yearbook photo almost certainly would have been airbrushed to remove blemishes if they were there.

... but the yearbook photo almost certainly would have been airbrushed to remove blemishes if they were there.

Senior photos might be airbrushed in some yearbooks, but underclassmen photos - I doubt it.

Senior photos might be airbrushed in some yearbooks, but underclassmen photos - I doubt it.

Might not have been,but ours were. You used to get a lot better value for your money with school photos...probably around the 80's when airbrushing was extra charge, and in the 90's when our school district stopped offering it as an addon.

Can someone please go to google; put this URL in it; then hit cache; tell me if you can load WCJD's thread there. Looks like Porch light is gone. I can't even access it on google cache! It worked yesterday! If someone gets it to load; I need the page saved as HTML

I'm in the process of rewriting her blurb on Never Forget Me. We're having problems with people sharing her post; for some reason they don't. I need to access the articles on it.

Porchlight is there for me, so it must have just been a server problem. Maybe they were transferring or something.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=6658

I wonder whether it would be better to downplay the murder and just focus on who she might have been. The circumstances are so horrific that I think a lot of people don't even want to think about it.

Might not have been,but ours were. You used to get a lot better value for your money with school photos...probably around the 80's when airbrushing was extra charge, and in the 90's when our school district stopped offering it as an addon.

Come to think of it . . . I can remember my mother grousing because they always erased her "beauty mark." The company never asked, either; they just "fixed" the photo. Considering the time (and that her mark resembled a certain platinum-haired movie star's) that really ticked her off!

Another year has passed and we still don't know your name......A small group of us will not forget you and will press on to bring you home.
R.I.P WCJD

Never Forget Me posted Walker County Jane Doe's album.

We are about to mark another year that this child has remained unidentified. She deserves to go home. Her family needs to know where she is. She has been waiting for so very long.

Walker County Texas Jane Doe Age 14-18 November 1, 1980

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.”-G.K. Chesterton

Halloween, a holiday that is thought of as fun and festive. Children are busily deciding what costumes to wear and which parties to attend. The sound of childrens laughter and the ringing of trick or treat echo's through the streets, which are filled with Princesses, ghosts, and goblins. It should be a safe and fun filled time for children. Most of us had that in our childhoods. Every child should be allowed to have that in their childhood too. Sadly, that is not always the case. This little girl spent her last Halloween in terror. She was murdered 34 years ago on Halloween. She was only a child, somewhere between 14 and a half and 16 and a half.We do not know what the circumstances were that made this child be out on the streets, hitchhiking rides from strangers. We do know that a monster found her, and he wasn't the kind of monster who should have been out on the streets that night. It also wasn't candy he was after. Children think they are invincible, bullet proof. Sadly we see way to many of them end up this way. Cruelly murdered and then callously thrown away. This child needs to go home. It is believed she may be from the Aransas Pass, Rockport Texas area. Somewhere she has a family, and they are probably still searching for her. This child needs to go home, she has been waiting way to long.

It breaks my heart that another anniversary has come & gone without identification of this young lady. May this be the year.

I am still working through this thread, but it is possible the man driving her was visiting an inmate and WCJD hopped out of the truck to inquire about the directions?

I feel no BF of a girl that age would drive her to a jail if it were out of the way. If she was hitching a ride and was dropped off as far as the guy would take her, I feel she'd have at least a backpack on her.

Thoughts?

I am still working through this thread, but it is possible the man driving her was visiting an inmate and WCJD hopped out of the truck to inquire about the directions?

I feel no BF of a girl that age would drive her to a jail if it were out of the way. If she was hitching a ride and was dropped off as far as the guy would take her, I feel she'd have at least a backpack on her.

Thoughts?

She was completely naked, except for her necklace, when found. Only her red high-heeled sandals were left behind.

So her clothing and any possessions that she may have had were kept by the killer.

Interesting. The clerk mentioned the girl inquiring about Ellis was clutching heels.

It is possible if the inmate she was possibly visiting hadn't seen her in years, they may be unable to recognize a photo of her battered/deceased?

How close was she to the prison the last time she was seen? There are probably a lot of former prisoners in that area. I also wonder if she had a southern accent.

Her death was extremely violent. Is there a particular type of trait for killers who bite and strangle their victims? Did the FBI or anyone work up a profile on the killer?

Biting is a very intimate act, I would think... Then the assault with what I assume is an object is disturbing. Perhaps someone couldn't perform. Do we know of any killers who had issues with "performance"? What ever happened it sounds like the person had time with her away from people to commit such acts. I still wonder if she was visiting someone in the area (not in prison) but got picked up by the wrong person. Being young, it might have sounded more bad a$$ to say she was visiting someone IN prison to seem more tough; instead of saying she is going to an (underaged) party near a reservoir, etc. or visiting a married man who worked at the prison. I am sure they looked at everyone who was released that day and guards living in the area?

Biting is a very intimate act, I would think... Then the assault with what I assume is an object is disturbing. Perhaps someone couldn't perform. Do we know of any killers who had issues with "performance"? What ever happened it sounds like the person had time with her away from people to commit such acts. I still wonder if she was visiting someone in the area (not in prison) but got picked up by the wrong person. Being young, it might have sounded more bad a$$ to say she was visiting someone IN prison to seem more tough; instead of saying she is going to an (underaged) party near a reservoir, etc. or visiting a married man who worked at the prison. I am sure they looked at everyone who was released that day and guards living in the area?

I still think it was a truck driver.Once she got into his truck he could do whatever he wanted in his sleeper and no one would hear a thing.As for the bite mark maybe as he was strangling her from behind he bit her cause she was resisting to much,imo.

Serial killers usally keep something from thier victims as a trophy and a reminder of what they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whimsical Chaos