Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 48s 48 seconds ago
Juan is going over the term "assessment" with Dr. Fonseca #jodiarias #3tvarias

Just think if MK was on duty and tweeting during the take-down of Dr. F by JM...would be right up there with psychological vomit, no doubt.

I believe if JM needs something, he can't leave but the other person can. So they would be there to support the State's case in regards to getting material JM needs during court. Just a guess but prosecutors almost always have someone sitting with them as backup for the unexpected. Someone would need to be familiar with the case and know exactly where to put their hands on material JM would need. jmo

But he wasn't there before :waitasec: and isn't that what Det Flores was for? And why would his boss be needed for something like that?

I doubt it has anything to do with being reprimanded because they would just do that behind the scenes and move on.

Or him needing "babysitting" because he is still acting the exact same way and is still just as aggressive.

So it appears it was about Travis.

Chalk it up to Trial by Tweets again. :)

Thanks Wenwe4 for spotting this.

Again, I am only relying on one tweet - so there maybe more that contradict this one.

(since we only get tweets - a retelling of what someone thought they heard)

Translation from nit witness Fonseca; Damn, that's the most thorough cross exam ever done on me in 30 years Crap. He was able to expose me, the bas@&rd!! No ones ever called me on my stuff before.

I'm not sure what she thought would happen during a cross-examination. Maybe she needs to read a "Criminal Justice for Dummies" book.

Nope..........the Church likes to keep it's numbers up. Excommunication involves a felony conviction (take your pick), being a "son of perdition" (denying the Holy Ghost), or denying the truthfulness of the Church:

"All sins shall be forgiven, except the sin against the Holy Ghost; for Jesus will save all except the sons of perdition. What must a man do to commit the unpardonable sin? He must receive the Holy Ghost, have the heavens opened unto him, and know God, and then sin against him. After a man has sinned against the Holy Ghost, there is no repentance for him. He has got to say that the sun does not shine while he sees it; he has got to deny Jesus Christ when the heavens have been opened unto him, and to deny the plan of salvation with his eyes open to the truth of it." J. Smith

Thank you Bernina!

One would hope that Jodi has been or will be excommunicated due to her felony conviction!

Could Travis have faced another sanction from the church that is less in severity (ie: losing his Priesthood holder status) until he repents and makes it right with his Bishop and his faith?

This does bring up another question in regard to this trial. Could Jodi have audiotaped the sex call to use it as blackmail on Travis and threaten to turn it over to his Bishop? This would be one of the most evil things that Jodi could do to Travis, especially since he had already lost his temple recommend due to his interaction with Deanna? I think Travis held his faith very close to his heart and Jodi knew this. Travis had trusted Jodi to keep their sex life secret and he might feel extremely threatened if she were to "out" him.

But he wasn't there before :waitasec: and isn't that what Det Flores was for? And why would his boss be needed for something like that?

I doubt it has anything to do with being reprimanded because they would just do that behind the scenes and move on.

Or him needing "babysitting" because he is still acting the exact same way and is still just as aggressive.

Det. Flores no longer works as an investigator on this case. He was promoted to a new position. JM would need someone who is very, very familiar with this case to assist him. I'm just suggesting the reason for someone to be in court with JM. It's not as if JM can just get up and leave the court room to research something that just came up in testimony. jmo

Yes, but she is incredulous that she is being accused of being unethical for the first time in 30 years...when she has been accused of it.

I didn't read the lawsuit(s?) involving her when it was (they were?) posted here before. Is this something Juan can mention now? Or will he have a chance? Or could he have mentioned it before but didn't choose to?

Det. Flores no longer works as an investigator on this case. He was promoted to a new position. JM would need someone who is very, very familiar with this case to assist him. I'm just suggesting the reason for someone to be in court with JM. It's not as if JM can just get up and leave the court room to research something that just came up in testimony. jmo

Perhaps you are right lamb.

Thank you Bernina!

One would hope that Jodi has been or will be excommunicated due to her felony conviction!

Could Travis have faced another sanction from the church that is less in severity (ie: losing his Priesthood holder status) until he repents and makes it right with his Bishop and his faith?

This does bring up another question in regard to this trial. Could Jodi have audiotaped the sex call to use it as blackmail on Travis and threaten to turn it over to his Bishop? This would be one of the most evil things that Jodi could do to Travis, especially since he had already lost his temple recommend due to his interaction with Deanna? I think Travis held his faith very close to his heart and Jodi knew this. Travis had trusted Jodi to keep their sex life secret and he might feel extremely threatened if she were to "out" him.

Jumping off ...

And if JA had turned the phone sex tape [blackmail] over to TA's or her own Bishop, what would have happened to TA and how would that action have affected TA's ability to attract a suitable, good-standing Mormon wife? TIA

ROFL!!! What the heck is happening?

So basically, JODI had more to lose by coming out of the closet with Travis. Right?

And.... wanting privacy = closeting?

Is she just saying words for the sake of saying words at this point?

BBM. Tossing around the word "closet" as Dr. F is doing will alienate any member of the jury who is not hetero-normative or has friends/family who are not. The "closet" has a very specific meaning in a sexual context, and often reflects a great deal of suffering for the person who has to keep themselves "closeted". Staying "closeted" is frequently a matter of personal (as in life/death) safety as well. Using "closeted" as a synonym of privacy is very offensive. Dr. F should know better than to co-opt this word.

Jumping off ...

And if JA had turned the phone sex tape [blackmail] over to TA's or her own Bishop, what would have happened to TA and how would that action have affected TA's ability to attract a suitable, good-standing Mormon wife? TIA

He would have to be honest with her - especially if they wanted to be married in the temple (for time and eternity) which also seals their children to them in the afterlife.

Getting married in the temple is a big deal with good-standing prospective Mormon women (and men).

He lost his temple recommend already, it doesn't mean that they couldn't marry in the temple at a later date - but it would take some time.

Perhaps you are right lamb.

I'm guessing but I don't recall ever seeing a prosecutor sitting at the desk alone and there is usually another attorney or paralegal sitting there to help out with getting materials. They never do any questioning, just retrieving materials when needed. Again, just a guess on my part.

Ye, and what's Nurmi trying to do to Dr. DeMarte?

The defense team IMO is trying to discredit Dr DeMarte with her age and limited amount of years of practice as opposed to forsecas 35 years of experience. Dr DeMarte is a real threat to the DF team and they are scared of her intelligence and what she can do to put huge hole in their theories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Food for thought from Arias Twitter: "Haters will see you walk on water and say it's because you can't swim". Interesting bit of exalted self glorification, if you'd care for some.

Could have been there just in case the COA reinstated cameras?? I imagine that would have created quite a scene.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
Fonseca- No. There's 31 boxes of evidence and I didn't go through all of that. I looked at what was kernel to the case #jodiarias #3tvarias

She assessed, I'm sorry observed the situation and determined what was and was not relevant to this case???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix