Found Deceased Canada - Shannon Burgess, 25, Calgary, 26 Nov 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopeful for a positive outcome, perhaps she's at a shelter.....

RBBM.
http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/police-search-for-calgary-woman-who-disappeared-a-week-ago

"Madill tried to reach Burgess herself, but had no luck. She then contacted Burgess’s husband Josh, who also couldn’t reach her.

When Burgess didn’t come home, their worries intensified and they notified police on Monday.

“We found out Monday night that she’d missed a whole bunch of appointments over the weekend as well,” Madill said.

She added there had not been any major arguments or disagreements prior to her sister’s disappearance."

Why would the husband wait 3 whole days to *then* start worrying on Monday? Was it normal for them to be apart and not speak or keep in touch for that long I wonder?

I get some couples 'do their own thing' socially, on weekends, or if she's busy in her acting, etc. but to have complete silence and not send one text, one phone call to your spouse for 3 days to me seems strange. Maybe they were fighting, then I could see it. But if they were on friendly terms, doesn't sound right, JMO.

If the husband lived with his wife still why wasn't he the one to contact SB's family when she did not return. Why did it take the sister to contact the husband? Strange.

Thank you! My thoughts exactly.

RBBM.
http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/police-search-for-calgary-woman-who-disappeared-a-week-ago

"Madill tried to reach Burgess herself, but had no luck. She then contacted Burgess’s husband Josh, who also couldn’t reach her.

When Burgess didn’t come home, their worries intensified and they notified police on Monday.

“We found out Monday night that she’d missed a whole bunch of appointments over the weekend as well,” Madill said.

She added there had not been any major arguments or disagreements prior to her sister’s disappearance."

How did her husband attempt to contact her if her cellphone was home?

How did her husband attempt to contact her if her cellphone was home?

He may have gone to her place of work or places she frequents, called friends and family. He would have had her phone with contacts and probably her schedule if he had access to the home and her phone.

If my partner did not come home and worse they did not have their phone I would panic.

I find it unsettling that SB and JB only married in May of 2014 (if her FB is accurate) and are now in the process of separation.

Would an aspiring actress and comic change her name if she married? I find that odd.

Hopeful for a positive outcome, perhaps she's at a shelter.....
I would think that the police would check the shelters as a matter of protocol prior to issuing a press conference. They wouldn't tell the husband or family exactly where she was, except that she is safe.

kept his left hand in his pocket until far left of frame as leaving stage.........interesting...

interesting also that husband didn't speak.....MOO

I don't want to overanalyze (but I can't help it!), I noticed at the presser he wasn't wearing glasses. Every photo I've seen of JB on FB, he has his glasses on. Wonder if lost or broke them? Or contacts.

Hope the appeal helps to reach Shannon, or someone who might know of her whereabouts. Her sister looks like she is trying very hard to be brave.
Not sure how big the home is, but assuming they looked in every nook and cranny for Shannon.. imo

I don't want to overanalyze (but I can't help it!), I noticed at the presser he wasn't wearing glasses. Every photo I've seen of JB on FB, he has his glasses on. Wonder if lost or broke them? Or contacts.
What strikes me as odd, is they are relative newlyweds. She posted an announcement on May 1st saying:

"So... I'm just gonna go ahead and get married on Sunday. FYI."

Apparently no wedding, just a marriage. There is also very little mention of JB on her page.

What strikes me as odd, is they are relative newlyweds. She posted an announcement on May 1st saying:

"So... I'm just gonna go ahead and get married on Sunday. FYI."

Apparently no wedding, just a marriage. There is also very little mention of JB on her page.

I thought her marriage seemed 'new' because he just suddenly seemed to appear on her FB, but whoa, that's *really new*. Sounds like a fun, impulsive move (at the time) then you get to know someone you don't really know.

I wonder how they met, how long they knew each other and what his general character is like.

I found Shannon's last comment (Nov 26th @ 9:06pm) on her post quite cute and funny, but I wonder if her husband didn't, he might've found it humiliating. That's why I'm curious if he had a sense of humor along with her, or if he was a more cold, prickly and not a fun guy.

I thought her marriage seemed 'new' because he just suddenly seemed to appear on her FB, but whoa, that's *really new*. Sounds like a fun, impulsive move (at the time) then you get to know someone you don't really know.

I wonder how they met, how long they knew each other and what his general character is like.

I found Shannon's last comment (Nov 26th @ 9:06pm) on her post quite cute and funny, but I wonder if her husband didn't, he might've found it humiliating. That's why I'm curious if he had a sense of humor along with her, or if he was a more cold, prickly and not a fun guy.
That would definitely make him mad if he had no sense of humour. My take was that she was talking about a role she played.

It is ominous that her last status update was that her brakes went on her car. Sabotage?

I just went thru the family names for SB. The only member who is friends with JB is SB's sister-in-law. None of the other members. Interesting.

That would definitely make homemade if he had no sense of humour. My take was that she was talking about a role she played.

It is ominous that her last status update was that her brakes went on her car. Sabotage?

If she had car problems possibly someone tinkered with it to prevent her from travel.

It is the whole change of appearance when compared to the profile pics on FB. I would not recognize them as the same person. He was very well groomed for the presser. I wonder what happened to the specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221