Verdict watch! ** GUILTY **

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD

XMas bonus.MT@chridesjardins: #Magnotta.Les jurés reçoivent $160 p/ jr actuellement.Aux jrs fériés,Noël et le lendemain,tarif double à 320$.

TRANSLATION: Jurors receive $160.00 per day. Holidays will be doubled to $320.00 - for Xmas and Boxing Day.

-------------------------------

Ooooopsy, someone else already posted this one!! :blushing:

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue

So far each juror has earned $1280 tax free during these deliberations. #Magnotta

christianedesjardinsVerified account ‏@chridesjardins

#Magnotta. Mauvais calcul, c'est 320$ par jour pour les jours non juridiques, soit les fériés et le dimanche. 160 $ par jour, deux fois.

TRANSLATION; Mistaken calculation, it's $320.00 for each non working day, that would be weekends. $160.00 daily, times two!

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 2m 2 minutes ago

Of course not. Just fun facts@gmbmtl: @MontgomerySue @sleeCJAD so are we trying to say that the jury is in it for the cash??? Pretty lame!”

I must admit, it did cross my mind that the jury maybe 'hanging on' a few days thinking "well I am not going to back to work now until after Christmas". Let's hope so anyway.

Despite everything, I am still confident of a guilty verdict.

You know I was just going to suggest that perhaps these people were enjoying a little vacation from their employers prior to Christmas. I had no idea they were being paid ... tax free even!! That's just all kinds of wrong. What about that other jury who have been deliberating about 20 days so far? Are they being paid these rates as well?!?

That's like $25.00 per hour, tax free. Plus hotel accommodations, free meals and who knows what else. Plus it's against the law for them to even discuss what they've been doing for 7 days.

If none of them have young children and don't care if they're home for Christmas, how long might they drag this out?

MOO

Although if they return with a guilty verdict on Christmas Eve that would be epic.

Merry Christmas LM, you lying liar who lies. No more feeding kittens to snakes for Christmas in your future.

MOO

I believe 2 jury members were excused because of Christmas vacation plans? That would explain the last minute "bench warmers".

I also saw Sue Montgomery correct those tweets. The money IS taxable. If the jury is holding out bc of money & time off that is pretty lame. Jun Lins' family deserve better than that imo.

I honestly don't think it is about the money. Would anyone want to miss Christmas with their family for $320 measly dollars? I am by no means rich and I could use some extra cash but I would never think that $320 would be worth spending Christmas with strangers discussing a gruesome case. Just saying.

NEWSTALK1010 ‏@newstalk1010 · 33m33 minutes ago
JUST IN: The jury at the #Magnotta trial has retired for the night. Back again tomorrow for day 8 of deliberations.

I honestly don't think it is about the money. Would anyone want to miss Christmas with their family for $320 measly dollars? I am by no means rich and I could use some extra cash but I would never think that $320 would be worth spending Christmas with strangers discussing a gruesome case. Just saying.

Well they haven't missed Christmas yet. But they might want a little money to pay for Christmas? :dunno:

bf5f04d3e05a0b328744b8194364a31f.jpg

I'd wait until New Years if it meant they were sending LM to prison! Also would rather the jury take their time as opposed to rushing to an NCR verdict. Some of us have been following LM since before he killed anyone & have been watching/waiting for years. The jury doesn't know what we know & haven't been watching LM the way WS members have.

If he hadn't uploaded the video or fled the country I would be doubtful of his mental state.

Lastly, wanted to correct my previous comment. LM was claiming to be "in love" with one of the psychiatric nurses while being held. LM apparently wrote to the nurse saying he had been watching the nurse.

Was this information not included in the psychiatrists' testimony? You would think LMs' conduct during that time would be taken into account?

Although if they return with a guilty verdict on Christmas Eve that would be epic.

Merry Christmas LM, you lying liar who lies. No more feeding kittens to snakes for Christmas in your future.

MOO

OMG; I need this to happen lol.

I'd wait until New Years if it meant they were sending LM to prison! Also would rather the jury take their time as opposed to rushing to an NCR verdict. Some of us have been following LM since before he killed anyone & have been watching/waiting for years. The jury doesn't know what we know & haven't been watching LM the way WS members have.

If he hadn't uploaded the video or fled the country I would be doubtful of his mental state.

Lastly, wanted to correct my previous comment. LM was claiming to be "in love" with one of the psychiatric nurses while being held. LM apparently wrote to the nurse saying he had been watching the nurse.

Was this information not included in the psychiatrists' testimony? You would think LMs' conduct during that time would be taken into account?

Yes, the information that he tried to seduce a male nurse who had to be transferred was brought in by HIS psychiatrists. And yet still the jury is deliberating. SMH

:notgood:

MOO

He wrote that nurse a letter, I believe. We never did see it, did we?
I wish THAT was evidence.

I bet we get a verdict tomorrow or early Wednesday.
No jury is going to give up their Christmas.
It will be a hung jury.
Like I said before this should have been a no brainer.

The awful video, the surveillance tapes from his apartment checking out his butt. The suitcase,
that was genious, cutting it and spray painting it to make it look like a used suitcase, so nobody would want it.
Fleeing to Europe to start a new life.

The jury knows all of that plus a lot more.
Please put him away forever.
And give us a great Christmas to know he will never see the light of day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member