Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
'It has been revealed that Bill Spedding and his wife Margaret were questioned about their treatment of children by the NSW Family and Community Services department only a few days before the washing machine repairer's property was searched for two days last week by police.

However, detectives were unaware of the FACS questioning, which resulted in three young people being taken from the home, The Daily Telegraph reported.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hildren-removed-care-time-police-swooped.html

MSM reports that LE weren't aware of the FACS involvement leading to the removal of the grand children, so does that mean that two different bodies of authorities had non related concerns about WS?
It would make total sense for FACS involvement after the raids and WS being put in the spotlight, even if just to check on how the kids are coping or if it's appropriate for them to be exposed to it all. But why were they looking into things before the raid?
I was not sold on WS being involved at first. I thought he maybe got unlucky with a crimestoppers tip off from someone who didn't like him and that LE went in like a bull in china shop to make it look like finding WT was still a priority (since there was such a lack of action or even mention about WT in the last couple of months) ... But now that the care of his grandchildren is being questioned I think I better think it out again!

BBM

But what if the tips leading to FACS involvement AND tips to crimestoppers, were coming from the same place?

I say that because my close friend is a foster parent, and she has had 'anonymous' tips called in to police and to Childrens Services over the years, and they end up being traced back to birth families usually. I guess the thinking is that IF she gets reported for something, the kids will be returned to a birth family member instead?

Sometimes a kid will even conspire with a birth parent to try and make false accusations in order to get back to their original family. It is very sad all around. When I saw the 3 yr old Christmas tree still up in the living room, it made me wonder ? Especially if someone heard through the grapevine that BS had been out to that house in the critical time period.

Yes.... That is another way to see things. That would point to WS not necessarily being a bad guy, just being someone with an enemy or two... Which someone mentioned up thread is not that uncommon when you're involved with being granted care of other peoples children

yes.....and when the children are your grandchildren, somewhere along the line there be hidden jealousies or turf wars that can erupt into mudslinging or dirty tactics ((not suggesting this HAS happened but certainly there is the potential)).

Would grandparent guardianship be the same?
I am seriously believing that the Speddings have done nothing wrong and will be very surprised if I am wrong

William Tyrell has a 'complicated' family history limiting media reporting. Why don't the 'Spedding' grandchildren also have a complicated family history then or are the rules different if it is a relative (although not parents) that is looking after the children as it seems the media has (or was) freely reporting on the children in the care of the Speddings.

I'm not sure if it would be any different because they are Grandparents, however my experience of fostering is the same as newone. Allegations of wrongdoing by bio parents is pretty common and they will have to follow up with an investigation.

Are we sure that any children were actually removed from the Speddings care? My interpretation of the media reports is that the children were staying with a family friend to avoid the media attention brought upon the Speddings recently. (e.g. the Spedding asked a friend to look after them while they deal with the media camping them out etc and limit the children's exposure - I imagine this is what most carers in their situation would do).

It seems to me that if they were taken because of some kind of abuse, corporal or sexual, then there would be charges, right? Otherwise, it is not that relevant to the case. I mean unless they are accused of being abusive, I am not sure how it would tie in.

Are we sure that any children were actually removed from the Speddings care? My interpretation of the media reports is that the children were staying with a family friend to avoid the media attention brought upon the Speddings recently. (e.g. the Spedding asked a friend to look after them while they deal with the media camping them out etc and limit the children's exposure - I imagine this is what most carers in their situation would do).

It's not clear in MSM if the grandchildren were removed by FACS or if they were just simply staying somewhere else due to the recent upheaval of their lives

"TRADESMAN Bill Spedding was *interviewed by Family and Community Services about his treatment of children just days before detectives began investigating him over the disappearance of little William Tyrell.

Three of the children who had been living with him and his wife have since been removed, The Daily Telegraph can reveal."
http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news...l-speddings-care/story-fnpn118l-1227198878302

Either way, it does imply that FACS were already interested.

Who knows with all the hype going on... Maybe FACS were just making routine checks (I guess they do that from time to time?) and it's been blown out of proportion. And maybe the grand children genuinely are just staying somewhere else to keep away from all the upheaval, and that too has been blown out of proportion. To many maybes. All thanks to MSM

It's not clear in MSM if the grandchildren were removed by FACS or if they were just simply staying somewhere else due to the recent upheaval of their lives

"TRADESMAN Bill Spedding was *interviewed by Family and Community Services about his treatment of children just days before detectives began investigating him over the disappearance of little William Tyrell.

Three of the children who had been living with him and his wife have since been removed, The Daily Telegraph can reveal."
http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news...l-speddings-care/story-fnpn118l-1227198878302

Who knows with all the hype going on... Maybe FACS were just making routine checks (I guess they do that from time to time?) and it's been blown out of proportion. And maybe the grand children genuinely are just staying somewhere else to keep away from all the upheaval, and that too has been blown out of proportion. To many maybes. All thanks to MSM

And I think the timeline is a bit muddled. they said:

But IIRC, ^^^^^they have been 'investigating' him since day one. He had a couple of interviews, and they had to get the warrants etc. So I think it is possible that the cops gave FACS a heads up in order to move the children out before the massive onslaught of forensics trucks and media cameras .

But IIRC, ^^^^^they have been 'investigating' him since day one. He had a couple of interviews, and they had to get the warrants etc. So I think it is possible that the cops gave FACS a heads up in order to move the children out before the massive onslaught of forensics trucks and media cameras .
Yes! Yes! I agree!
I don't believe for a second that LE & FaCs weren't on board together!

BBM

But then there's this... re the day LE came in to begin the search
'Last Monday began like any other for Mr Spedding. He was sitting on the back porch planning his work schedule as his wife prepared to take their grandchildren to the park.

But at 7.30am their world turned upside down after their youngest grandson walked outside and said: “Nan, there are lots of cars out the front”.'

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/...-1227195778466

Possibly just over sensationalised over indulgent writing?

The entire story seems muddled. Maybe in two days when the news companies aren't scrambling for a story there will be a clear write up

Okay - I know this is a long shot - I found this report - could this be much bigger than they thought? This report is from November last year. http://www.nbnnews.com.au/index.php/2014/11/03/special-report-police-smash-paedophile-ring/

We've all been searching for connections here, and this is the ultimate worst case scenario.

Question in my mind is this: Now they know BS, know his background better than we do, and have his computer - if this was true, then surely he'd be in jail by now. Or is he some sort of super criminal who can cover his tracks, hide his internet footprint, work as a tradesman while also running a sophisticated criminal operation that the LE just can't crack after weeks and weeks.

Does he seem like some sort of high level criminal?

As some people are saying. Maybe he is just a common crook. Maybe they do actually know he was involved, but are pretending otherwise... giving a potential wider network a reason to start chatting again, giving them time to watch who talks to who.... maybe the LE are scared to show their hand out of concern for WT's safety.

All seems far fetched to me though.

Still seems more likely BS is an average guy who is the victim of paranoid small town chatter.

BBM

But what if the tips leading to FACS involvement AND tips to crimestoppers, were coming from the same place?

I say that because my close friend is a foster parent, and she has had 'anonymous' tips called in to police and to Childrens Services over the years, and they end up being traced back to birth families usually. I guess the thinking is that IF she gets reported for something, the kids will be returned to a birth family member instead?

Sometimes a kid will even conspire with a birth parent to try and make false accusations in order to get back to their original family. It is very sad all around. When I saw the 3 yr old Christmas tree still up in the living room, it made me wonder ? Especially if someone heard through the grapevine that BS had been out to that house in the critical time period.

I would like to add - that this is true. A friend's husband's ex-wife kept doing anonymous tips (though, no proof right?) to the department re the kids - worried for their welfare etc. Each time they visited they just shook their heads, everything was in order, nothing amiss. They suspect it was her because she wanted full custody of the children (and thus, more $$$ from him and family tax benefits) and wasn't getting anywhere with the family court.

So - to simplify this - just saying that people do get bitter and waste valuable time and resources for overstretched and underfunded child protection agencies.

I just wanted to bump this post from Amee back in Thread 2, as it may have some significance (BBM). Unfortunately, the Australian article is now subscriber only - though it wasn't at the time.

Originally Posted by Amee

Here is another version.

They’ve been interviewing known sex *offenders in the area, in nearby towns and in caravan parks.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sub...tory-e6frg6nf-1227064608526&memtype=anonymous

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-NSW-12th-Sept-2014-2&p=10987443#post10987443

I was actually looking for an old post about the police having contacted known sex offenders, but there was one they couldn't find. I am almost positive that I read that here quite a while ago. But I can't find the post. :sigh:

The media is pathetic.

FIRST they said that the grandchildren were moved on by FACS because of the investigation (too much drama, media intrusion, etc.)

THEN they said that FACS had investigated Spedding in December, but it was unrelated to the WT case and the police were unaware (either way, the kids remained in his care??).

NOW they say that the kids have "been removed" from their care.

I don't know what to believe. It's like the MSM are trying to cobble bits of information together to paint a sinister picture, and get more clicks I suppose.

The media is pathetic.

FIRST they said that the grandchildren were moved on by FACS because of the investigation (too much drama, media intrusion, etc.)

THEN they said that FACS had investigated Spedding in December, but it was unrelated to the WT case and the police were unaware (either way, the kids remained in his care??).

NOW they say that the kids have "been removed" from their care.

I don't know what to believe. It's like the MSM are trying to cobble bits of information together to paint a sinister picture, and get more clicks I suppose.

:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::
It's enough to cause a virtual tantrum

I just wanted to bump this post from Amee back in Thread 2, as it may have some significance (BBM). Unfortunately, the Australian article is now subscriber only - though it wasn't at the time.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-NSW-12th-Sept-2014-2&p=10987443#post10987443

I was actually looking for an old post about the police having contacted known sex offenders, but there was one they couldn't find. I am almost positive that I read that here quite a while ago. But I can't find the post. :sigh:

Here is another article shortly after the disappearance (it was first published on 20/9/14 and updated 22/1/15 - no idea why?):

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-20/family-of-missing-3yo-william-tyrell-thank-searchers/5758126

Police have said they cannot rule out the possibility the boy was abducted, and the ABC has been told police are also speaking with all known sex offenders in the region.

I remember this bit of info was reported by most of the media early in the investigation, but it's difficult to find any trace of it.

Was this at BS's house? Seen in a photo in the window, I assume?

No, it was from one of the articles upstream. The birthmom of one of the grandchildren in BS's care lost custody because of a DV incident. She has left her Christmas Tree up since the boy was taken from her, 3 yrs ago.

Here is another article shortly after the disappearance (it was first published on 20/9/14 and updated 22/1/15 - no idea why?):

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-20/family-of-missing-3yo-william-tyrell-thank-searchers/5758126

Nothing seems to have changed since the original article. Archive of original article from 20/09/14 can be seen at http://web.archive.org/web/20140920...ng-3yo-william-tyrell-thank-searchers/5758126

To me they look identical (I don't think the web archive crawler captures images).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon