Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in bathtub. #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing short of a miracle in this case from June 1980's. Maybe science has advanced since then. JMO but we can hardly blame BK's family for holding onto hope. This is their loved one. Had they decided to take her off of life support people would have been speculating about their greed for her inheritance. There are no hard and fast rules as to how someone in BK's state will play out. Every person is individual and healing or deterioration is unique to those affected. Death is final and I feel certain her loved ones are holding onto hope because of something they are being told by medical staff at the hospital. As long as she is not suffer I support their decision at this time. Should she survive and end up in a vegetative state (I hope this doesn't end up to be the case), my only wish is that they continue to remain by her side to support her.

Although I realize this was near drowning in a swimming pool with cold water as opposed to a bathtub and the child was much younger, this was 30 some years ago, doctors may be more advanced in treatments. Is she actually brain dead or is this an assumption? Do we know how long she was submerged in the water? So many factors we don't know which make it difficult to surmise. MOO.

Induced Coma Used To Help Cure Near Drowning Victim

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...WgeAAAAIBAJ&sjid=RWkEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6623,1548632

Cold water drownings, especially ones involving children, are irrelevant to this case because an entirely different set of bodily reactions happen.

Cold water drownings are in a category by themselves.

In regular drownings, children will do better than adults.

Adult non cold water near drownings where there is brain swelling never ends well.

Do we know for sure this is BK's bathroom?

Ok... don't laugh.... in our new house the guest bathroom has a window in front of the potty. Not like this one... Doesn't go to the floor. But sometimes I like to use that potty, just so I can look out the window. :giggle: :blushing:

But, but, but (pardon the pun) there could be tinted windows from the outside.:happydance:

And to add to the above, when someone is brain dead, and ventilator support is withdrawn, they usually do not make any respiratory effort at all. The physician will silence the vent alarms, and turn off the vent. (Sometimes they extubate the patient-- take out the oral endotracheal tube-- depending on whether or not the case is potentially one where all medical tubes have to be left in place for the medical examiner.)

The last breath from the vent is the last one. The patient does not struggle, or have seizures, if they are brain dead. It sometimes takes 10 min or more for the heart to stop, and compassionate caregivers turn off the monitor alarms (and sometimes the displays, too, to make the surroundings more peaceful, dim the lights, and make sure family that wants to be there are close, holding their hands, etc).

Thankfully, a brain dead person is unable to feel any distress with this process. But it can be very emotional and difficult for family to see the final stillness of their loved one, and the color drain away, even knowing they are not able to suffer.

I wonder if you will ever know how many people this particular post has helped? I was not present when my mom passed (she was on a ventilator, and, I suspect, brain dead from a stroke, MI -- something). Your post was a great comfort to me, knowing she didn't suffer. Thank you, K_Z.

Neither do I. I have said it before and I'll say it again..... People can think what they want about TMZ. Harvey Levin is no idiot. He makes sure what he reports is accurate in most cases. Everyone balked when they were the first to report that Michael Jackson died.... Oh its just tabloid rumor. No. They had pretty accurate sources. I will say in this case, things have been incorrect due to scummy family members looking for their 5 minutes AGAIN. When wrong, they (TMZ) has made corrections. So call it what you will.... Everyone has their opinion. Add to that every other "credible" media outlet quotes them. So what does that say? That over the years, they have become very reliable. Do they gossip? YES! Do they purposely lie? I don't think so. My opinion...............:snooty:

Um, yes they can issue a death certificate if it is warranted. Jahi McMath has one, yet they continue to "pretend" she is alive.

Right... :rolleyes: Still bizzaro world for me.

Exactly. If when that happens any issue of WH's estate is over. IMO of course.

Also, Harvey Levin is an attorney so he knows how far he can push the legal limit of what TMZ is reporting.

I just read something really disgusting on this thread which I have since removed.

Do not make disgusting leaps into areas that have NEVER been brought up. You cannot post anything thing that comes flying out of your fingertips just because you know how to type.

Next time anyone posts something outrageous that has nothing to back it up then that poster will be receiving a long vacation.

Tricia: Got to give you props on maintaining the integrity of WS. Over the past 12 yrs. or so & after you took over you have done a great job "cleaning house".

BK condition and the HIPPA, all we have is the tidbits to work from. IMOO, she may pass before anything is announced.

Whatever they want to think is fine. I don't believe she will ever recover. IMO

Sadly I have to agree but whatever helps them get through this is their choice. Would not want to be in ANY shoes on a decision like this.

Tricia: Got to give you props on maintaining the integrity of WS. Over the past 12 yrs. or so & after you took over you have done a great job "cleaning house".
Bessie is the real warden though. Lol. Every time I see modsnip I think "Yikes" . Lol. Anyway the site is lovely. I hate going to the comment section on news sites and all you see is arguments over gun rights or dems vs repubs or just comments that have nothing to do with the story. It feels like recess time in a elementary school. Lol. So WS good job.

I wonder if you will ever know how many people this particular post has helped? I was not present when my mom passed (she was on a ventilator, and, I suspect, brain dead from a stroke, MI -- something). Your post was a great comfort to me, knowing she didn't suffer. Thank you, K_Z.

BBM

So true, my little nephew was taken off life support last week and being 2000 miles away my mind was all over the place with what was happening. I wanted to post a thank you yesterday however the words just would not come. I thank you for the information, it also gave me comfort and a bit of peace. Thank you K_Z!

BBM

So true, my little nephew was taken off life support last week and being 2000 miles away my mind was all over the place with what was happening. I wanted to post a thank you yesterday however the words just would not come. I thank you for the information, it also gave me comfort and a bit of peace. Thank you K_Z!

So sorry to hear that. :grouphug: :rose:

BBM

Oh no! : (((((((Turtles)))))))

:loveyou:

:grouphug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that the investigation is ongoing and that the police have always had all the facts and will make sure that if someone is responsible they will be brought to justice.
I feel bad for this family. I can not imagine this. I can not imagine Bobby dealing with this two times with the women that meant so much to him.

How she ended up in that tub face down is just driving me nuts.

I think that the investigation is ongoing and that the police have always had all the facts and will make sure that if someone is responsible they will be brought to justice.
I feel bad for this family. I can not imagine this. I can not imagine Bobby dealing with this two times with the women that meant so much to him.

How she ended up in that tub face down is just driving me nuts.

Not only how she ended up in the tub but also how long she was there. Was BK in the habit of bathing (instead of showering) in the morning, or had she gotten into the tub the night before? I'm sure LE has these details, and we will eventually learn what circumstances placed her in the bathtub and how long she was there prior to being found.

I think it is too bad that Bobby has not taken the time to give a statement regarding Bobbi Kristina. His daughter is a celebrity by association. He is fortunate to have all the prayers and concern by the public. The biggest defense to misinformation is information. He does not have to give every detail, but for all the effort of giving statements about who not to listen to I believe he could spend less energy on that and more to how the young lady is doing and frankly how he is doing.

Sometimes I think they think that "fans" are only out for a meet and greet or an autograph when all in all many people are only compassionate and caring. To me there comes a time when caring turns into watching a sideshow and insulting to even care about them. This whole scenario is beyond sad and unfortunate.

JMO's

I think it is too bad that Bobby has not taken the time to give a statement regarding Bobbi Kristina. His daughter is a celebrity by association. He is fortunate to have all the prayers and concern by the public. The biggest defense to misinformation is information. He does not have to give every detail, but for all the effort of giving statements about who not to listen to I believe he could spend less energy on that and more to how the young lady is doing and frankly how he is doing.

Sometimes I think they think that "fans" are only out for a meet and greet or an autograph when all in all many people are only compassionate and caring. To me there comes a time when caring turns into watching a sideshow and insulting to even care about them. This whole scenario is beyond sad and unfortunate.

JMO's

I don't. Famous or not, I can not imagine having my child fighting for her life and having to draft a statement to strangers. Yeah, I would like to know more but I think he gets to handle it however the heck he wants.

The water temperature would have answered many questions plus bring up many theories. So did the friend or cable guy say if the water was cold or still warm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase