VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree completely. I cannot understand with a second chance and a new jury why they did not go with insane jealousy, that even though he would tell her to date others and move on she still believed they could get back to the place they were- for a short time in the beginning- happy, traveling, sharing their religion and being in love. That Jodi just couldn't accept it and the fact that he was still having sex with her- she just couldn't see it any other way then that he may have still wanted her.

The reason that crimes of passion can be given a lighter sentence sometimes is because most people can understand what that feels like or can do to your head, heart and thought process.

She could have admitted that SHE had it all wrong but could not see it and really wanted to win him back and beg him to give her a chance to win his love and be his wife. He was actively looking for a wife, why couldn't it be her? She loved him more than she had ever loved anyone before- the others didn't even compare, she wanted his children and a life with him, she couldn't let him go.

She could have said, I got dolled up, died my hair, did my nails, I was working and had a photography business, I was going to get my finances back on track and prove to Travis that I was worthy of his love. I went, he wasn't unhappy to see me- we ended up in bed (like we always did) I felt so close to him, like there was a chance.

I begged him for a chance... to take me to Cancun, I'll make you happy, prove myself to you. She could have said he politely rebuffed her expressed his hope for Mimi or if it didn't work out with Mimi he was going to try one last time to win Lisa back and I snapped- I flipped, something just went nuts in me. I couldn't take it, I attacked him, we started to fight, I had a gun for protection on my trip- I used it, I was jealous with rage- he would have sex with me but didn't want me. I slaughtered him, before I even knew what I was capable of. I hated him, I hated the women, I hated that I wasn't good enough. In the back of my mind I was so filled with confusion, unrequited love and jealousy that I may have even known that if he didn't want me... I couldn't let anyone have him. I loved him... I couldn't handle it... I couldn't handle the rejection.

Why? Why wouldn't they have tried something like that?

It is amazing isnt it why she didnt choose to use that type of defense from the very beginning.

The only thing I can guess is she couldnt bring herself to do it because she truly has no remorse, she isnt sorry she killed him, and she doesnt want to admit to herself she used jealous rage as her motive.

So does this show us something really interesting about her. That she is so narccistic, that she can never admit her shortcomings like having jealousy. Even to the point of maybe getting the DP over it, she can never admit she was jealous.

Oh. ..Katy is really nice. I usually just stay in my Kingwood bubble[emoji3] ..I hate the traffic. I am originally from Midland Texas. But..your right Kingwood is nice.."the liveable forest!"

More small world stuff...I grew up in Midland, Lee High School '70. Now I'm just a skip across the bridge south of The Woodlands.

So I come back here and the other thread is closed, there are over a 600 posts here and there still isn't a verdict. :banghead:

At least, I think, this means that there a people on both sides unwilling to move. I think it will end up LWOP, just some closure would be nice. Now Travis' family has to wait three more days.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 20m20 minutes ago
#jodiarias will be sent to the same exact cell at Perryville whether she gets life or death. Death would be more restrictive. More...

If #jodiarias gets life, she would be eligible for group activities and a prison job in as little as 30 days with good behavior, per DOC.

MeeBee and geevee, I have never posted on Websleuths before but I have been following this whole trial since the very beginning. I'm just posting to tell you that I'm right up here in Spring. I didn't realize you were Texans, too!

:wagon: emilycat, nice to meet ya'

I agree completely. I cannot understand with a second chance and a new jury why they did not go with insane jealousy, that even though he would tell her to date others and move on she still believed they could get back to the place they were- for a short time in the beginning- happy, traveling, sharing their religion and being in love. That Jodi just couldn't accept it and the fact that he was still having sex with her- she just couldn't see it any other way then that he may have still wanted her.

The reason that crimes of passion can be given a lighter sentence sometimes is because most people can understand what that feels like or can do to your head, heart and thought process.

She could have admitted that SHE had it all wrong but could not see it and really wanted to win him back and beg him to give her a chance to win his love and be his wife. He was actively looking for a wife, why couldn't it be her? She loved him more than she had ever loved anyone before- the others didn't even compare, she wanted his children and a life with him, she couldn't let him go.

She could have said, I got dolled up, died my hair, did my nails, I was working and had a photography business, I was going to get my finances back on track and prove to Travis that I was worthy of his love. I went, he wasn't unhappy to see me- we ended up in bed (like we always did) I felt so close to him, like there was a chance.

I begged him for a chance... to take me to Cancun, I'll make you happy, prove myself to you. She could have said he politely rebuffed her expressed his hope for Mimi or if it didn't work out with Mimi he was going to try one last time to win Lisa back and I snapped- I flipped, something just went nuts in me. I couldn't take it, I attacked him, we started to fight, I had a gun for protection on my trip- I used it, I was jealous with rage- he would have sex with me but didn't want me. I slaughtered him, before I even knew what I was capable of. I hated him, I hated the women, I hated that I wasn't good enough. In the back of my mind I was so filled with confusion, unrequited love and jealousy that I may have even known that if he didn't want me... I couldn't let anyone have him. I loved him... I couldn't handle it... I couldn't handle the rejection.

Because she has to be perfect and blame free? Does she ever accept responsibility? I don't know, I'm curious where and when she picked up such lying? People in her past, have they experienced her as being such a liar?

What would the result be then?

Life.

I'm pretty sure none of the jurors can talk about the case outside of the jury room, but don't all 12 jurors have to be present and accounted for in the jury room for there to be ANY discussion on the case? Are there are lawyers here would would know? ;) "TIA" in advance, AZL :)

That's correct.

BBM

I think that likely result is inversely proportional to the time it takes the jury to reach a decision.

But I'd love to be wrong.

Thoughts?

I don't think the length of deliberation is a good predictor of anything. There must be 750 admitted exhibits in that room, some of which this jury never saw before because they were only admitted in the guilt phase.

https://www.superiorcourt.maricopa....rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

I honestly thought I wouldn't check the docket again, well, I lied to myself, darn.

Also I remember this week one of the media repeating via twitter what was said during a sidebar. Is that it? The Jodi entry, is that her testimony from Oct.? Or one of the sealed letters to JSS she wasn't going to read but just seal?

I don't know what the media said about the sidebar, but IIRC there was no jury in the room anyway, so why was a sidebar happening in the first place? If there was no purpose for the secrecy, the accidental lack of secrecy is not a problem.

The supplemental offer of proof is no doubt a supplement to the earlier-filed offer of proof, which would have detailed what Jodi would have said if she had continued testifying and/or had done an allocution. These are important for purposes of appeal.

It would have been a much better option, right? But you'd need to explain the efforts to hide her trip to Mesa before she got there.

Well, it has been an eventful day and I would like to say that the highlight of this day happened to be LlamaGate. It made me so happy that they were successful retrieved. I love a good rescue, especially on a day like today when a good story was needed. You see how that works out? Anywho, I am going to take a break here and leave you with one of my all time favorite songs that ALWAYS, without fail puts a smile on my face and gives me the warm and fuzzies!

[video=youtube;CMPIxEWGs5g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMPIxEWGs5g[/video]

#jodiarias will be sent to the same exact cell at Perryville whether she gets life or death. Death would be more restrictive. More...

If #jodiarias gets life, she would be eligible for group activities and a prison job in as little as 30 days with good behavior, per DOC.

Seems more fitting that if given life , it would be spent in a tiny little cell all by herself with no frills.

B/c she would have had to admit she was wrong, and clearly Jodi just ain't going there :rolleyes:

Life.

That's correct.

I don't think the length of deliberation is a good predictor of anything. There must be 750 admitted exhibits in that room, some of which this jury never saw before because they were only admitted in the guilt phase.

I don't know what the media said about the sidebar, but IIRC there was no jury in the room anyway, so why was a sidebar happening in the first place? If there was no purpose for the secrecy, the accidental lack of secrecy is not a problem.

The supplemental offer of proof is no doubt a supplement to the earlier-filed offer of proof, which would have detailed what Jodi would have said if she had continued testifying and/or had done an allocution. These are important for purposes of appeal.

It would have been a much better option, right? But you'd need to explain the efforts to hide her trip to Mesa before she got there.

When AZlawyer multiquotes, we need a multiTHANKS button. Thank you, AZlawyer!

But no matter what, jodi arias won't!

How does everyone feel this trial went as opposed to last penalty phase? How did our Juan do? How is everyone feeling?

I'm feeling quite positive the jury will vote for the death penalty, but if that doesn't happen I think JSS will give her a harsh sentence and Jodi will die in prison anyway.

I agree

I didn't like reading that at all. In fact kinda made me sick to think she could be out and about in a short time. Ugggg

I want her locked up in a cell where she can't get to anyone at any time. Period...

IMO she is a very dangerous person....

Oh. ..Katy is really nice. I usually just stay in my Kingwood bubble[emoji3] ..I hate the traffic. I am originally from Midland Texas. But..your right Kingwood is nice.."the liveable forest!"

You are from Midland? I am from Marfa. Do not know how old your are, but when I was in HS in Marfa (Class of 1974) our football team would play against Midland (cannot remember which HS) Go Shorthorns!

This penalty phase was like 1st grade for me. I learned people can lie and even about innocent people. Deanna, the Bishop, the physcologist, the friends, the prosecutor, the lead detective, the forensic computer tech, the ME. Everybody lied to just to get Jodi. When you don't have to prove any facts to back up what you throw out, they just kept spouting it. If Juan raised his voice and flailed his arms, Nurmi or Wilmont did it next time around if their motions were denied. It honestly was the most immature defense you would ever expect to witness (even via twitter).

Knowing what I do about this case and understanding Demarte's diagnosis, Jodi will get what she deserves. Maybe not in everyone's eyes.

Getting 12 people in our family alone to agree on what time is good for a birthday party or holiday is one of the biggest stresses in my life at times due to schedules. It does happen though once in a while.

eta, 1st grade and Donna W. She beat me up and ran home told her mom & I ran home and told mine. Donna was twice my size and I asked how much do you weigh? She said 40 lbs. I weighed 40 lbs. ha ha Donna said I beat her up!! lol I was smashed to the sidewalk that day. Reminds me of this trial.

Probably because there was so much evidence of premeditation: borrowing two gas cans and buying a third; renting a non-distinct car not close to home; coloring her hair during her road trip; stealing the gun; turning off her phone in AZ...on and on. A "snapped" defense would have been blown out of the water easily by Juan, IMO. Not to imply he didn't blow their actual defense out of the water.

I agree

I didn't like reading that at all. In fact kinda made me sick to think she could be out and about in a short time. Ugggg

I want her locked up in a cell where she can't get to anyone at any time. Period...

IMO she is a very dangerous person....

I think she should be locked away from people, activities, law libraries, just left to sit alone and ponder the reality and severity of what she did.

I am a strongly in favor of the DP for JA. I believe she deserves nothing less. After reading Katie Cool Lady's post a while ago, though, my heart really hurt for her (not Jodi) and I don't want the Alexanders to have to keep dealing with JA and her appeals for years to come. LWOP would do the most to make JA nonexistent in this world. I am torn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther