Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
if this is true (and I seriously question that 17 admits to this) then someone needs to do something legally

I totally understand the indignation. But, sadly, there is nothing to be done. It's over. Not fair, makes no sense, but that's the law.

she just cannot shut up can she,this is going to continue even when she goes to perryville isn't it :sigh:

Most likely. BIG difference in the LWOP sentence, is that she will have the opportunity to "earn" her way to more and more privileges ... i.e. earning more visitation time and earning face to face (touching) with visitors. IF she was on DR ... nope. Can't earn any privileges.

Please read AZL's comments...if she had, it would have been overturned on appeal...and we'd be right back in this situation eventually. Her hands were tied. The problem is that this woman ended up on the jury to begin with.

But, the fact the lone/hold out juror Watched the News, according to the pressor is a big issue for me. I am not sure the jurors expressed this to JSS or not? It was not made clear to me..anyone know? And, AZL would this have made a difference? Thanks.

It could be....not sure. The text is surprising to me. Travis felt "ruined" by the sex. But he says he's addicted to her. He's mad about the hacking and says he knows she's slashed his tires and deleted an email to Lisa. Tells her if she wants his passwords to just ask "you are ruining my life but Im addicted"

Tex, could you please tell me where I can find this on her site. Thanks so much.

I had braced myself for the release of withheld (for whatever reason) information but still feel disgusted that the entire text message was not provided.

I am curious as to what happens when Jodi meets another inmate who is just like her?

Exactly and it warms my heart that they are many other EVIL inmates who will make her life miserable. She's got nothing on them.

March 5, 2015

Sheriff Arpaio: Denies Jodi Arias Interviews

“Jodi Arias has been in our jail for seven years. A comprehensive report of the
history of her behaviors and activities while in our custody is in progress.

Upon reviewing the report it notes that she craves media attention and
continues to seek out ways to attract that attention. I will not allow her to play
that game and will deny any media interviews with her. Arias is a convicted
killer, and her 15 minutes of fame are over.
”

- Sheriff Joe Arpaio

This is awesome. :happydance:

:seeya: Thanks Hez for posting this !

RBBM: I hope and pray Sheriff Joe releases his "comprehensive report" ... I bet it is a doozie !

:hilarious: "15 minutes of fame are over" ... Yep !

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

And just because someone uses a certain term, or states a fact, that a certain juror and the defendant are both of a certain race, doesn't make them a racist. I abhor racism but people get called out for being racist way too often, for simply stating facts.

I think its one thing to hold this opinion but another to say the juror wanted to be "Chicas" with Jodi. Someone is bringing race into this for no reason and in a negative way. The juror more likely identified with the abuse flaims and the mental illness stuff. It's judging the juror for bringing race into it when we have no idea if that's true.

ahhhhhhhhh, me thinks that Jodi heard thru the grapevine and knows that 11 of the jurors voted for death..bwahahahahah

Hows that make you feel brat?

and as to the media, lol oh my stars, Jodi started the media frenzy all by herself when she did her numerous interviews..I tell ya, the gals in the big house follow the news, and the perryville woman already know Jodi is on the way, bwahaha

My prayers are with travi's family..They have shown so much class, so much strength..

as for JM, he is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he did his thing and fought the good fight...

it was the 1 lone hold out juror who was a stealth, mo

and another thing..thank the universe that I have websluthes to talk, cry, laugh, to have, well, I have a place to come and share my views..

my family just doesnt get why I follow trials, or crimes..

and another thing..Ill say this once more...some of you know, some of you dont..

but from 94 to 96 I served prison time In Texas..I was caught with 28 grams of cocaine..I was looking at a 20 yrs sentence..however, upon my plead of guilty the judge gave me 3 yrs flat,.I did my time, served my time..wow, that was many moons ago..I could tell ya'll some stories..but I wont..

just know , that Jodi will not be a queen in prison..trust me when I say that there will be women who are crazier, meaner, more evil..Jodie will be the lowest of the lowest on the totem pole so to speak..she will always have to watch her back..

prison and jail are 2 different things...prison is hard time...never trusting anyone, always watching your back, having to fight to defend yourself..its a miserable experience..

I hope, no wait I pray, that 1 day Jodi gets sent to gen pop...yup, you heard me right, because in gen pop...

well, its on...shes what I would call, free ranging

and anyone can get to her..shes out in the open...ya'll get what I'm saying?

and trust me, womens prisons are just as bad as mens prisons..

well, I could say more but I wont..this is not the place...nor the time..

now, I hope that the judge gives Jodi life w/ no parole, or natural life..arizona alittle differ then texas..

ok, said my peace lol

Oh, thanks for sharing this! Wish you could share more. Maybe on sidebar.

I watched the series Capadocia. And even though this was a fictional series I suspect the latin ladies are not going to be nice to her. She has no idea. I doubt there will be much sisterly love. jmo

It's a good series if anyone is interested, came before Orange is the New Black.

Storyline-fiction

It tells the stories of several women imprisoned for different reasons in an experimental penal complex in Mexico City.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1068899/

she just cannot shut up can she,this is going to continue even when she goes to perryville isn't it :sigh:

This is what bothers me the most. Tweeting from prison vis-a-vis her minions? Sending letters to the press? I don't think the Alexander family will have peace.

Most likely. BIG difference in the LWOP sentence, is that she will have the opportunity to "earn" her way to more and more privileges ... i.e. earning more visitation time and earning face to face (touching) with visitors. IF she was on DR ... nope. Can't earn any privileges.

She couldn't follow the rules at Estrella, even if she earns privileges, she'll do herself in, and she'll get them removed at some point. She can't help herself. Her sentence and quality of life are beyond my control, Im just glad she'll never get out.

This is heartbreaking! These jurors tried to abide by the 'law of the land' and one person prevented it.

Gosh I'm so conflicted tonight. I've never been in favour of the death penalty and yet I'm disappointed with this result.
I think you have hit it for me. The law of the land. To be a death qualified juror you have to be open to imposing a death sentence and this juror just wasn't. This is wrong.
I am really soul searching at the minute. All my life I've thought I was against the death penalty yet I'm sad that the Alexander family didn't get the verdict they so badly needed. Maybe it's because this is the first case I became interested in from start to finish.
Honestly I didn't actually want her to die but I wanted the validation the death penalty brought especially since the victim was so cruelly trashed. I wanted peace for his family and friends and I wanted a jury who could follow the law of the land.
Thoughts with the Alexander family and the 11 jurors and the alternatives who would have been qualified to deliberate.
I hope the hold out never finds herself in the Alexander family's shoes.

Just wow..I am behind..but, I wonder if JSS was told this?!!
Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 46m46 minutes ago
Jury says the hold out watched the news and it was worth the risk to get an alternate to replace her #jodiarias #3tvarias

I knew the jurors said it was more than the movie....one said this "unusual person" brought stuff up that this juror knew was wrong. Like watching the news!! If Sherry knew this, what excuse will her admirers have for that?

March 5, 2015
Sheriff Arpaio: Denies Jodi Arias Interviews
“Jodi Arias has been in our jail for seven years. A comprehensive report of the
history of her behaviors and activities while in our custody is in progress.
Upon reviewing the report it notes that she craves media attention and
continues to seek out ways to attract that attention. I will not allow her to play
that game and will deny any media interviews with her. Arias is a convicted
killer, and her 15 minutes of fame are over.”
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio

This is awesome. :happydance:

Yes, Sheriff Joe has her number! I am sure he has hundreds of inmates just like Jodi.

Just because someone says they're not being racist doesn't mean they aren't, actually in my experience, usually when someone says they're not being racist that's exactly what they're being.

If you knew me in real life, you'd know that's not what my prejudices are. My BFF in college was Mexican, not Mexican-American. She was born in Tijuana and had dual citizenship.

I'm sure a lot of you have seen this but it's the first time I've seen it.: http://www.hlntv.com/article/2015/03/05/jodi-arias-hung-jury-life-sentence

..."The one holdout had her mind made up from the beginning," a male juror said.

The jurors also mentioned that the holdout had seen bits and pieces of the Lifetime movie, "Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret," that was loosely based on the case....

:stormingmad:

:seeya: She's been busy ... here ya go !

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · 5h 5 hours ago

Verdict reached

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · 4h 4 hours ago

Hung jury.

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · 1h 1 hour ago

"I feel kind of gang-raped by Troy Hayden, Joe Arpaio and Lisa Allen because of the media ambush." -- #JodiaArias

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · 1h 1 hour ago

To all the premeditating cold-blooded would-be killers on #JodiArias jury: U DON'T KILL A WOMAN 4 KILLING HER ABUSER, dumbsh-ts. #no-brainer

Hahaha, so very predictable JA, I just knew she would be pissed off that 13 of the 14 jurors (alts included) felt that the appropriate punishment for her was DEATH.

Tex, could you please tell me where I can find this on her site. Thanks so much.

I had braced myself for the release of withheld (for whatever reason) information but still feel disgusted that the entire text message was not provided.

Yes ma'am

Member Home
Right column
Very top

i hope

I hope Nurmi and Wilmott heard the Jurors say they didn't like the way they put Travis on trial. They paid no attention to the *advertiser censored* dirt. I loved that the expert they took seriously was DeMarte. This ending had nothing to do with anything Wilmott or Nurmi did during the trial. At least the family has probably learned eleven wanted the ultimate punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther