GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's also what I meant when I said earlier that body parts in bags would be messy.. you'd have remains of bodily fluids for starters.. no I don't know how they could think that they would get away with saying they didn't know what was in any bags they may have been given

I asked this before, but was it definitely bags or is that just conjecture?

I have seen nothing in the media/from the police to suggest body parts were in bags. The only comments suggesting this afaik are on the Bristol Post FB page.

When the police announced they had made a significant discovery they said:-

“As a result of new information received late last night (02/03), we attended a house at Barton Court in the Barton Hill area of Bristol.
“The information suggested that Becky’s body had been cut up and a search at the new location resulted in the discovery of body parts.

https://www.avonandsomerset.police....t-discovery-made-in-becky-watts-investigation

By the time they made this announcement they had already arrested the 5 additional suspects. So why was it necessary to be so explicit in their description. Why not just say her body has been discovered?

Me too ... I dont think for a second that those 4 thought they were hiding stolen dvds, drugs or any such thing! The body of a 16 year old girl would look, feel, smell and move differently to a bag of stolen goods.

Without a doubt!

Speculation I believe.. that's my point though - "bagging" the parts wouldn't be the cleverest idea - too messy for starters

Speculation I believe.. that's my point though - "bagging" the parts wouldn't be the cleverest idea - too messy for starters

Less messy than putting human parts straight into a box, IMO. How would they have stopped the fluids from seeping out otherwise?

Oh, so revolting.

Going back to the aunts posts on the Bristol Post Facebook page the wording of one of her posts may have hinted at a possible sexual motive. Of course it may not have and I may be reading too much into it.

My own theory is he tried it on and she threatened to tell, it got out of hand and she somehow ended up dead, he panicked and took her from the house in the zafira. I suspect SH May be involved along the lines of Maxine Carr ie lying for him and possibly refusing to believe it even after it was put to her by the police (if it was). It's not unrealistic to think a young girl blinded by love loyalty and naivety would lie for her partner/father of her child. I genuinely couldn't call it either way on the level of guilt of the 4 others.

It's just that people keep talking in terms of bags. If boxes were used, then it would be much less obvious what the contents might be. That's the point.

It's just that people keep talking in terms of bags. If boxes were used, then it would be much less obvious what the contents might be. That's the point.
Even if it were a plastic storage box, I would still know the difference between it being filled with body parts and knocked off electrical! and in all honestly, for the vast majority of people, curiosity would get the better of you and you'd have a peak at the contents ...

Even if it were a plastic storage box, I would still know the difference between it being filled with body parts and knocked off electrical! and in all honestly, for the vast majority of people, curiosity would get the better of you and you'd have a peak at the contents ...

That would be the first thing I would do. I just don't understand why NM got several people involved, and why he didn't bury or put Rebecca's body parts in the river, for the life of me, I don't know how a person comes up with dismembering a person. I know people do this, but the thought, IMO, there is no way people didn't see something off with this guy. You don't wake up one morning and kill and dismember someone. I just keep wondering what the defense is going to be. And just saying, if it was an accident, something went terribly wrong, the thought would be to dismember?? This guy doesn't appear dumb, so all I can come up with is a drugged state to come up with this?

Less messy than putting human parts straight into a box, IMO. How would they have stopped the fluids from seeping out otherwise?

Oh, so revolting.

We have to remember that who did it had enough time to wrap very well in plastic before, to pass a lot of tape

around - for exemple - and then put inside card boxes with more tape to close them or put in bags. The need to desmember

the body could have been for easy disposal or hidding or eventually to get rid of it in several places. It could also

be to hide the way she died or to make her identification more difficult. It also difficults to determine the date of

the death. A body in pieces doesn't decompose the same way as an intact body :(

But... NM was very close to the tragedy site. I mean, it was in his mother's house that his stepsister was missing. Even knowing

that only more than 24 h after she disappeared it was reported to the police, in the meantime the family was more than

concerned and very worried about her. He must have been helping them or assisting them in any way or even helping to look

for her. Sometimes I ask myself if DG and AG didn´t ask him many, many times to tell about the moments before BW 'left the

house'. If he was the person there, or one of the persons, he must have been under some scrutiny by the family. Even if they

didn't have suspicions about him, he must have been asked a lot. what do you think?

I think so too Beesknees. I imagine the police had their eyes on him right from the off and I suspect her home was the scene of the crime sadly.

I agree, what we know seems to point to such :(

I wasn't sure whether to add this.... But I am from a farming family in Australia, and was thinking that actually once the blood was drained...there might not be so much in the way of fluids coming from the parts... :(

When the police announced they had made a significant discovery they said:-

https://www.avonandsomerset.police....t-discovery-made-in-becky-watts-investigation

By the time they made this announcement they had already arrested the 5 additional suspects. So why was it necessary to be so explicit in their description. Why not just say her body has been discovered?

I've asked this same question a couple of times. I tend to think that there is a reason they were so explicit, that it was deliberate.

They had arrested the five at this point, so it wasn't aimed at them, but I think it was aimed at someone, or at a group of people.

I've been thinking that some or all of the 7 arrested could have been well liked and popular people in that area. Perhaps the Ds are a well known family? Or a big family. Maybe there is some kind of, perhaps not 'gang' as such, but criminal element on the estate and the Ds are part of that?

I thought the police could have been saying that even if your normal allegiances in any Police vs *these people* situation would not be on the side of the police, that a very, very bad thing has happened here and if you know anything at all that can help, then you should come forward and not show any loyalty.

The police trying to say that if you think these are good people and therefore it must have been an accident that just went bad, well it wasn't, someone cut her up, so don't any of you be protecting these people?

My thoughts on it up to now.

Even IF they thought they were hiding something minor it shouldn't of taken them that long to work out his step sister was missing and maybe that's what he's put in there shed because they haven't coughed straight away there guilty in my eyes.

That would be the first thing I would do. I just don't understand why NM got several people involved, and why he didn't bury or put Rebecca's body parts in the river, for the life of me, I don't know how a person comes up with dismembering a person. I know people do this, but the thought, IMO, there is no way people didn't see something off with this guy. You don't wake up one morning and kill and dismember someone. I just keep wondering what the defense is going to be. And just saying, if it was an accident, something went terribly wrong, the thought would be to dismember?? This guy doesn't appear dumb, so all I can come up with is a drugged state to come up with this?

I've been feeling quite angry and cynical thinking about a possible defence.

She fell downstairs, I panicked, decided to drive her to hospital, but she died in my car, then it's all a blur and I can't remember anything...

I'm really struggling to find any scenario that makes any sense at all.

<rsbm>
The police trying to say that if you think these are good people and therefore it must have been an accident that just went bad, well it wasn't, someone cut her up, so don't any of you be protecting these people?

Yes agreed. The police don't usually give detail without good reason and that seems very plausible.

Let's remember too that body parts weren't found at each and every one of the homes of those arrested, from what we do know and can hopefully assume, although cut up, it was all present (feel awful just thinking about this) and was all found in or at one home! So that's not one bag/box each which might be less suspicious. It was a whole human body. I fail to see how these people can not have known and at this point I'm not swayed at all by JP's wailing of innocence - don't they say 'jails are full of innocent people'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguel13b