Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
JA was 5'4" and 115 lbs when she got the Grand Jury indictment. Going back to one of my old posts, she was not a big woman.

Her bail bond was $2 milion!

So then her DL is wrong at 5'6" and 125 lb.

That's strange because on her driver's license she is 5'6" and a weight of 125 pounds? I can understand she may have lost weight over the years but not shrunk 2 inches.
I agree she is smallish and that is why I concur with the other WS'ers who put forward the theory that she tasered TA before stabbing him, so he couldn't fight back.

I don't think she tasered him. Many women even smaller than Arias has overpowered and murdered a man a lot larger than they were. They have not only been able to murder them, but they also removed their bodies out of the home where they either buried them in the backyard or loaded the body up in a vehicle, and discarded them somewhere out in the woods. Some of the male victims weighed well over 200 pounds.

What I do think happened though is the element of surprise and she totally caught Travis off guard.

I think right out of the blue she plunged the knife straight into his chest lightning fast with no warning. That chest wound alone would have been fatal. From the moment of the fatal chest wound he was under a repeated frenzied attack. There was no fighting back for Travis. The most he could do with a fatal wound to the chest is try to hold his hands up in a defensive posture hoping to block some of the stabbing jabs coming at him. He would be getting weaker and weaker.

A man who has a chest wound inches deep is no match for any woman no matter how small or large the murderer may have been, imo.

JMO though

I don't think she tasered him. Many women even smaller than Arias has overpowered and murdered a man a lot larger than they were. They have not only been able to murder them, but they also removed their bodies out of the home where they either buried them in the backyard or loaded the body up in a vehicle, and discarded them somewhere out in the woods. Some of the male victims weighed well over 200 pounds.

What I do think happened though is the element of surprise and she totally caught Travis off guard.

I think right out of the blue she plunged the knife straight into his chest lightning fast with no warning. That chest wound alone would have been fatal. From the moment of the fatal chest wound he was under a repeated frenzied attack. There was no fighting back for Travis. The most he could do with a fatal wound to the chest is try to hold his hands up in a defensive posture hoping to block some of the stabbing jabs coming at him. He would be getting weaker and weaker.

A man who has a chest wound inches deep is no match for any woman no matter how small or large the murderer may have been, imo.

JMO though

I read that a stab in that vena cava area gives symptoms like a heart attack, pain, obviously, shortness of breath, shock, etc. Not to mention then loss of blood, faint/dizziness of the wound itself. And that was just one wound! Oh the tragedy!

@StevenJA86: Just finished reading this.I am so grateful,Travis would be too.I hope many more read it @cshughes @Justice4TravisA http://t.co/D2rVfSQADc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think we should all buy a book and send it to Jodi in Perryville!!! Bombard her with showing our support for Travis!!!

The plastic cup that was in the shower... is it possible that she had something in the cup that she threw in his eyes to stun him and as he's grabbing at his eyes, cursing her and stumbling to get up she starts stabbing him?

No? That's okay. Just tossing ideas around in my head while I wait for the dryer to stop.

Ryan is the better reporter because he got JA off her game enough for her to get pi**ed and sneer "I didn't know you were a hater". THAT's when her true self came out.

Kudos to Ryan. Only problem is that was the last interview she gave him. Troy needs to get one big interview where he pushes all her buttons at once...and makes her blow.

I think my memory may be piecing together the two interviews. I do recall it was Troy who got the post-verdict interview but now I suspect it was Ryan who promised her he would only show her from shoulders up but then had the camera pan down to show her jail-striped pants and jail-sandaled feet. I recall some of us thinking how cool was that, that he pissed her off by being "a hater" and on top of that deliberately showed her in stripes against her expressed wishes. Confusion comes because I think she may have been wearing the same sweater in both interviews.

YES! This is most telling because it is what in her mind is abuse, being attacked & threatened. Clearly, we have seen that she views the world very differently than most. And, saying that people will be safe IF they don't do that, proves that she feels entitled to kill again -if SHE thinks they deserve it!!!!! OMG

You explained that perfectly! ...much better than than I was trying to.. I hope that JSS, LE, etc...caught on to that too... I just wish that they had shown it to the jurors!!

The plastic cup that was in the shower... is it possible that she had something in the cup that she threw in his eyes to stun him and as he's grabbing at his eyes, cursing her and stumbling to get up she starts stabbing him?

No? That's okay. Just tossing ideas around in my head while I wait for the dryer to stop.

I've been wondering if she flooded the bathroom to sort of "float" him back into the shower since she may have had a hard time lifting him... Or was that already a possibility that was discussed?

I've been wondering if she flooded the bathroom to sort of "float" him back into the shower since she may have had a hard time lifting him... Or was that already a possibility that was discussed?

I think the bathroom got flooded when she took a shower over his body, if not in the beginning as he struggled to his feet and out of the shower. Shower running with door open might not cause much water on the floor but any physical activity coming into play certainly would.

I do not think she had any problem moving him. It has been reported by some who knew Jodi that she was very strong physically. Also, rage can make one physically stronger.

Who is the person Victoria Washington wrote that she had represented in another case, causing her to recuse herself?

Why exactly did this case take 5 years to be tried?

Do we know where Travis' journals went?

Would she even have to reveal the person's name under the guise of attorney/client privilege? Maybe there actually was no such person? And she just wanted off the case?

She sure threw Nurmi under the bus......

Jodi is simply a reflection of the "family" she grew up with.

Why is anybody surprised that they are a bunch of misfits and screw-ups that say outrageous things ?

I'm sorry, but this family is just trash. No, they do NOT believe JA's "rediculous" lies, BUT these California hillbillies are getting to ~~~ be on TV (in court acting like fools), stay in a hotel (not a old pop-up camper), go out to eat all the time (not at Daddy Os dump)... This is the biggest thing they have ever experienced. They didn't WANT JA to be a murderous <insert noun of your choice>, but hey,why not make the best of it! They feel like celebs... Trashy,classless, lying liars. :gaah: The only GLIMMER of what they REALLY think of their poor abused daughter was seen in the post arrest interviews by Flores. Ma and pa let some truth slip out. Since then they have made the CHOICE to aid and abet their spawn and even use this horrible crime to their advantage. They are a piece of work...

JMO though

TA was able to get up from a seated position in the shower and make a leap for his life. Could he have done that after suffering the most serious chest wound? Maybe, if his will to survive was strong enough, but I am more inclined toward the first stab having stunned him initially. I think the serious chest wound happened at the sink just as he was trying to make a run for it. That most serious chest wound would probably have incapacitated him very quickly and he would never have gotten himself out of that shower. But who can say for sure--stranger things have been known to happen.

Wow! I just accidently stumbled upon the first court documents for JA back in July of 2008. Contains 40 pages! I haven't finished reading yet, but I did skim through a bit and saw something about the pedo letters.

http://murderpedia.org/female.A/images/arias-jodi/jodi-arias-court-docs-1.pdf

ETA.... It's several different dates

Thanks for the link! I've always thought (along with many others) that CMJA's finger injury was caused during Travis' murder and was a result of her hand being cut by the knife as she was stabbing Travis. I'm sure I knew about this before but I forgot - but the motion for cause states that there was a left palm print that matches cmja AND contains a mixture of Travis' dna and cmja's dna. That, combined with the fact that she showed up after Travis' murder with bandaids on her hand, tells me it was definitely an injury that occurred during Travis' murder.

Furthermore, the DT never had her finger x-rayed which would have shown the healing from a broken finger. If she had truly had that finger broken in the past, they definitely would have produced x-rays showing that healed or improperly healed break. To me, the fact that they never produced an x-ray showing a break proves the DT knew that finger was never broken.

JA was 5'4" and 115 lbs when she got the Grand Jury indictment. Going back to one of my old posts, she was not a big woman.

Her bail bond was $2 milion!

According to her DL, she was 5'6" and 125 lbs. If she's like most women, she understated her weight. Going by how she looked in the police interrogation videos, I'd say she was at least 135 at that time. Not a big woman by any means, but not a petite woman either. I would acknowledge that she has lost some weight on Sheriff Joe's vegan diet, and perhaps some due to the stress of her trial(s), but all-in-all, I think she's done her best to portray herself to be much smaller (petite) than she was when she killed Travis...

While it's been mentioned here before, her choice of words: "kill my life," is so weird. Not "kill me," or "take my life," but "kill my life," is very telling. And weird.

Among other odd things she said in that interview: "I'm sorry if I didn't say sorry."
Add to that her high school student-councilish vote-for-me type speech, the outrageous survivor t-shirt promo, and the plug about donating hair (there will be less hair if I'm sentenced to death), ugh!

I love how her hair was some of the most "compelling evidence" that she was the perpetrator of the murder. The hair just didn't work out for her at all in the whole scenario. Plus, she's obsessed with it, touching it, fussing with it, flattening it, doing the bank thing, a little color here, a little color there, blow drying it while camping.. And then, to get up and make it a key point of her allocution, eeeewwwwww.

So then her DL is wrong at 5'6" and 125 lb.

How would LE have known her height and weight, except from her driver's license? Was it just a guess? What is her height on her mugshot?

On that note...... Do we have an Arias mugshot for Estrella? Did she tilt her head in the Yreka mugshot to sandbag her real height?

We're gonna luuuurve the mugshot from Perryville.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500