GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt that folks here were going overboard in protecting the parents and I could not figure out why.

I hate that so much time was wasted on the napping issue.. because I don't think, and never did think Mom was napping.

I doubt LE wasted any time on it. The only reason we all did, was because we had to stick to discussing the "facts" as were given at the time, and it was about all we could talk about. I think most of us didn't believe she was napping, but as that was her story, it was still interesting to discuss and pick holes in it.

They can only file charges based on evidence they have at this time. Once the lab results come back, they will have more info.. the septic system can make things rough. Did he have bruises? If so, they could have been caused by abuse or an accidental fall.. did he drown? Again, could have been thrown in or fell in.. It's obvious they are on their tails now we have to wait for the rest of Noah's results for more charges to come forth. Sad situation. Poor little one now is without Mom, Dad, brother, but hopefully in a good place...

I am horrified and heartbroken for any child that lives in fear or sadness due to neglect.

But I am soooooooooo glad that this Sheriff and his team DID have a strategy. This was not a bumbling small town cop failing to get the job done. This is a seasoned pro who is working as cleanly as possible to ensure the case can be prosecuted if necessary.

I will eat a small serving of crow (which is a lot for me as I am a vegetarian) but I am also relieved and bolstered knowing they have a plan in place. LE was rolling it out the way they did for a reason.

Well, I'm not surprised but I did hold out hope until the end that they weren't responsible for this. Not that I wanted another person responsible, but I didn't want to see another story of parents hurting their children.

I wanted to believe AWs story because I've been that exhausted mom that accidentally falls asleep!

Noah was a beautiful little child. He was clearly loved by others, and he seemed to have friends some safe adults. I take some solace in that at least.

I read people's faces and turn the sound down, I read something else in their faces that didn't match their words. Jason called it later, he just didn't say who he thought did it. Also, I didn't see Paul's sisters at the funeral yesterday. She stopped posting basically after Noah was found and that presser. I think they knew something wasn't right.

Maybe she has the baby now?

I felt that folks here were going overboard in protecting the parents and I could not figure out why.

Because I have empathy and the thought of losing my child is too hard to entertain. The thought of a parent doing that TO their child is simply unimaginable to me. I can't believe it happens. It does happen but I am surprised every time.

CourtneyB - I commend you for standing your ground. I bowed out of the discussions because I hate confrontation. I really admire you for not being intimidated. I knew you knew what you were talking about and I have appreciated all you have done to help bring information forward. Very sad day here, but I am not surprised. RIP Beautiful Noah

I'm sure she knew alot more that she couldn't say, just from what I've read by people from their friends list I figured this would be the case. Many thought it was Ashley did something, though.

So sad. That poor little boy:(

And his sister...:cry:

I'm PO'd they got to go to the funeral.

He also said that they didn't search the septic tank as a result of a tip. Now I really feel like they should have done that sooner.

So the man telling people not to spread rumours, started one off himself????

I am not a fan of eating crow here but it looks like I must. This makes me sick. I always like to give the benefit of the doubt to parents simply because I am one. I have days that are hard. So hard. So hard and long and I can barely get through them. I have days where I NEED a break. But there is a difference between abuse and just plain being worn out. I am so sorry for Noah. Now more than ever. To be killed at the hands of his parents is an astonishingly cruel fate.

Obviously there was more going on than mom taking a nap, or dad wouldn't have been arrested too. No need to eat crow because you didn't jump to conclusions without any facts to base them on other than opinion and speculation.

No, they have stated that they must what for cause of death and that could take several weeks or even months.

I'm wondering if perhaps they know what was NOT the cause of death. Perhaps the coroner saw no evidence of drowning during the autopsy.

If this is not ok to say, let me know and I will delete it quickly.

Angel called the tip line right after he disappeared to share her photos and her experience with Noah being left alone and her experience (or lack of) with the parents. She received a call back yesterday from Pulaski County Sheriff's Office wanting to speak with her more about that.

This sucks. But I am glad the baby is being taken care of.

Because I have empathy and the thought of losing my child is too hard to entertain. The thought of a parent doing that TO their child is simply unimaginable to me. I can't believe it happens. It does happen but I am surprised every time.

So they took the baby away the day after Noah was reported missing right? That's the Monday they are referring to? They must have known right then, but needed to wait until they found Noah and could gather the needed evidence to charge them,

I think that is what they are trying to determine. Once the autopsy report is finalized I think their charges will be upgraded to murder.

I wouldn't be surprised if they both had a hand in it and put Noah in there after they abused and killed him.

I am so furious! I hope both of them rot in hell!

How? How? Could they do this to this precious gift from God? I just don't understand evil and I never will.

Thank goodness the little baby was taken away.

imo

I'm not surprised that parents were arrested however I did expect LE to state that they were now treating the investigation as a homicide investigation. Maybe that is coming.

There is no such thing as going overboard to protect any person until they are a POI

So the man telling people not to spread rumours, started one off himself????

He didn't want them to lawyer up, it's a tactic LE uses to make them feel comfortable, he's their friend, in case they'll confess. We've seen this so many times before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ