GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So WHY did they search the tank? And why not sooner?

He also said that they didn't search the septic tank as a result of a tip. Now I really feel like they should have done that sooner.

I agree that once that autopsy comes in, the charges are going to be upped to murder. Are there charges they can file for putting Noah in a septic tank? That's an incredibly horrible thing to do.

I must have misheard! I need to go back and play it a couple more times to dissect it. I thought he said they DID search it due to a tip.

And yes, there are a couple of different charges just for putting a body in the septic that could potentially be brought - mishandling of a corpse, failure to report a death, and probably something having to do with the potential harm to others using the septic (I would guess that f that one exists, it would be a misdemeanor. A good little charge to hold on to if they need to pad something out in a plea bargain, etc but if they go to the extent of prosecuting for murder, I don't think it would matter).

Because I have empathy and the thought of losing my child is too hard to entertain. The thought of a parent doing that TO their child is simply unimaginable to me. I can't believe it happens. It does happen but I am surprised every time.

Unfortunately being a member of this board for several years has made me quite cynical about child murders.

@RobbyKorth: The parents of #NoahThomas have been charged with felony child abuse. Being held at NRV jail without bond. http://t.co/5vGBb8tCwl

Has pictures at link.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So WHY did they search the tank? And why not sooner?
Maybe they thought he was buried somewhere else and why they searched 7 miles out. Probably didn't think they'd put him in such an evil horrible place, their own child, it's beyond wicked.

Sick and sad but not surprised. I can say that now.

Bless Little Noah's heart. And his little sister too.

I'm guessing this is why they said there was no reason for the community to be in fear because they knew his parents killed him.

I actually held out hope that it was only Ashley. There is (or was) a post on Paul's FB when Noah was about the age the baby is now that looks a lot different now that we know he was charged too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://iml.nrvrj.org:8085/IML

Holy cow. Noah looked just like his dad. His dad looks sooo much younger than his mom. How old are they?

§ 18.2-371.1. Abuse and neglect of children; penalty; abandoned infant.

A. Any parent, guardian, or other person responsible for the care of a child under the age of 18 who by willful act or omission or refusal to provide any necessary care for the child's health causes or permits serious injury to the life or health of such child shall be guilty of a Class 4 felony. For purposes of this subsection, "serious injury" shall include but not be limited to (i) disfigurement, (ii) a fracture, (iii) a severe burn or laceration, (iv) mutilation, (v) maiming, (vi) forced ingestion of dangerous substances, or (vii) life-threatening internal injuries.

B. 1. Any parent, guardian, or other person responsible for the care of a child under the age of 18 whose willful act or omission in the care of such child was so gross, wanton and culpable as to show a reckless disregard for human life shall be guilty of a Class 6 felony.

2. If a prosecution under this subsection is based solely on the accused parent having left the child at a hospital or rescue squad, it shall be an affirmative defense to prosecution of a parent under this subsection that such parent safely delivered the child to a hospital that provides 24-hour emergency services or to an attended rescue squad that employs emergency medical technicians, within the first 14 days of the child's life. In order for the affirmative defense to apply, the child shall be delivered in a manner reasonably calculated to ensure the child's safety.

C. Any parent, guardian or other person having care, custody, or control of a minor child who in good faith is under treatment solely by spiritual means through prayer in accordance with the tenets and practices of a recognized church or religious denomination shall not, for that reason alone, be considered in violation of this section.

(1981, c. 568; 1988, c. 228; 1990, c. 638; 1993, c. 628; 2003, cc. 816, 822; 2006, c. 935.)
"

I must have misheard! I need to go back and play it a couple more times to dissect it. I thought he said they DID search it due to a tip.

And yes, there are a couple of different charges just for putting a body in the septic that could potentially be brought - mishandling of a corpse, failure to report a death, and probably something having to do with the potential harm to others using the septic (I would guess that f that one exists, it would be a misdemeanor. A good little charge to hold on to if they need to pad something out in a plea bargain, etc but if they go to the extent of prosecuting for murder, I don't think it would matter).

He did, said it was Very reliable or strong tip. Not sure exact word, but he was adamant it was a trustworthy, IMO

Wonder if it was the parents and that made it reliable.?

So the man telling people not to spread rumours, started one off himself????

I don't get it....if it wasn't as part of a tip then why did they do it right after posting there was a 5K reward? And if it's a parent admitting to it, then isn't that cause for arrest? Mysterious.

If this is not ok to say, let me know and I will delete it quickly.

Angel called the tip line right after he disappeared to share her photos and her experience with Noah being left alone and her experience (or lack of) with the parents. She received a call back yesterday from Pulaski County Sheriff's Office wanting to speak with her more about that.

This sucks. But I am glad the baby is being taken care of.

courtneyb, please extend a thanks of gratitude to your cousin. I hope that she will be able to help LE and the DA. I think that speaks volumes to what Mike Fleenor was saying that they had bits and pieces and once they had enough pulled together, they went forth with charges.

As a couple of people here discussed the legalities, (I wish I could remember who said this part!) it was mentioned that it could be neglect if they could show it was a pattern. That she did not just accidentally fall asleep once but that he played unsupervised frequently. I would guess that is what Angel can help them with. It is good to know that people like her are out there quietly fighting for justice for Noah.

This may be one of those much-discussed cases where parent may try to say Noah died as a result of an accident and they decided to hide the body...that is why COD is so vital. Hope they can determine it, without a doubt.

He did, said it was Very reliable or strong tip. Not sure exact word, but he was adamant it was a trustworthy, IMO

Wonder if it was the parents and that made it reliable.?

Technically, one of the LE members could have given another LE member a tip that he thought the parents were responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ