Millard Properties: Locations and Ownership

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the clarification. Again, it is to be profoundly hoped that the authorities have the right man. Otherwise Ontario taxpayers will be in for a nasty surprise. Matter of fact, and just meandering around the edges of the case, I seem to recall that although creditors, for instance, are allowed to seize all a deadbeat's assets, they can't take the tools of his trade. I'm not sure if there's any carry over between civil and criminal law - no idea actually - but if someone is incarcerated and held for so long without charge that all assets must be sold including property that may be considered tools of his trade i.e. a hangar, is there an available remedy in law? I guess one would have to look at other "big ticket" detainees. Most that I can think of, though, kicked back in the hoosegow because of fraudulent business dealings but this is obviously a very different situation.

Another one of those mysterious, jugglers balls in the air type of moments for me

:hills:
Wouldn't it have been easier to just park at a different Tim Hortons or 24 hr Metro rather than go though what you suggest on a regular basis? I appreciate your opinion and storylines as I do JK Rowlings, just that sometimes they take some extraordinary effort to actually envision in the real scheme of things. JMO especially when those neighbours never saw him there. They may work or whatever, but there have to be at least 40 homes in that court and we do know that at least two claim to have seen the trailer arriving during a leafs game...even a leafs game didn't stop them noticing and thats odd as one of the neighbours appears to be really strong hockey fan.

BBM - Huh? Guess my whole theory was missed...:whoosh::giggle: Oh bother, I shan't repeat myself once again...move on. Speaking of authors, Robert Munsch is very animated, enlightening, with a wild sense of imagination and humour for the young at heart. MOO.

Possibly the noise and bright lights from the truck shining through the Leafs fan's window drew their attention? That's what awoke the other neighbours.

Neighbours told CBC News they were awakened late Thursday night by the bright lights and noise of a truck backing up. It dropped off the trailer in Millard's mother's driveway and left.

Neighbours told CBC News the lights of the truck were so bright, they couldn't make out a licence plate.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilt...says-1.1330722

Thanks for the clarification. Again, it is to be profoundly hoped that the authorities have the right man. Otherwise Ontario taxpayers will be in for a nasty surprise. Matter of fact, and just meandering around the edges of the case, I seem to recall that although creditors, for instance, are allowed to seize all a deadbeat's assets, they can't take the tools of his trade. I'm not sure if there's any carry over between civil and criminal law - no idea actually - but if someone is incarcerated and held for so long without charge that all assets must be sold including property that may be considered tools of his trade i.e. a hangar, is there an available remedy in law? I guess one would have to look at other "big ticket" detainees. Most that I can think of, though, kicked back in the hoosegow because of fraudulent business dealings but this is obviously a very different situation.

I think we should put that subject off for IF and when we cross that bridge. MOO.

Property cannot be considered tools of trade as it is waaaay over the exemption limit which is somewhere around $10k. Definitely not $9.5M, anyway.

Another one of those mysterious, jugglers balls in the air type of moments for me

:hills:
Wouldn't it have been easier to just park at a different Tim Hortons or 24 hr Metro rather than go though what you suggest on a regular basis? I appreciate your opinion and storylines as I do JK Rowlings, just that sometimes they take some extraordinary effort to actually envision in the real scheme of things. JMO especially when those neighbours never saw him there. They may work or whatever, but there have to be at least 40 homes in that court and we do know that at least two claim to have seen the trailer arriving during a leafs game...even a leafs game didn't stop them noticing and thats odd as one of the neighbours appears to be really strong hockey fan.

BBM: One of the most unintentionally funny things I've read in a long time!
Remind me again...how does your <modsnip> theory go, again? Innocent lamb DM is being framed for three murders (for which we've only seen a fraction of the evidence against him and it's already looking very damning).

BBM - Huh? Guess my whole theory was missed...:whoosh::giggle: Oh bother, I shan't repeat myself once again...move on. Speaking of authors, Robert Munsch is very animated, enlightening, with a wild sense of imagination and humour for the young at heart. MOO.

Possibly the noise and bright lights from the truck shining through the Leafs fan's window drew their attention? That's what awoke the other neighbours.

Neighbours told CBC News they were awakened late Thursday night by the bright lights and noise of a truck backing up. It dropped off the trailer in Millard's mother's driveway and left.

Neighbours told CBC News the lights of the truck were so bright, they couldn't make out a licence plate.

Wasn't it determined that the leafs game was on the Weds night?

Just digging around looking for MillardAir vehicles and happened upon this old Star page pic. Nothing we haven't seen before but the story notes a fact, about which I was previously unaware. Guess I'd previously been presuming that these items were being sold at DM's request, but apparently not. IMO.
<rsbm>

It would be my guess that SS was selling them with the authorization of MB (CEO of Millard Air and POA for DM).

Nope. Just speculating as to what activity on the day before DM's arrest that she might be charged with. I personally do not adhere to the 3rd person possibility but for those who do think there had to have been one, just suggesting that CN could have been there with no knowledge of what was to take place since she is the only other person to be arrested. And perhaps it took so long for her arrest and charge because it took that long to get info out of MS? LE seem to be very vague when it comes to the question of whether she may have been the third person. Although they're quick to point out that she's not considered a suspect in TB's abduction and murder, she doesn't appear to be ruled out as the possible 3rd person driving the Yukon away from the TB residence but not in the Brantford area. Unless that has absolutely been established and I missed it?

I guess it hasn't been "absolutely" established, but you would think the Crown would know about it if it was thought to be the case. In case you missed it yesterday...

Police had at one time speculated there was a third person involved in Bosma’s abduction and slaying, but Leitch said Noudga likely had no part in it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-slaying-christina-noudga-case-moves-forward-in-court-1.3002984

<rsbm>

It would be my guess that SS was selling them with the authorization of MB (CEO of Millard Air and POA for DM).

Maybe, but I'm not sure you can avoid/dodge a Do Not Contact by going through a third party, can you?

Also kind of interesting, to me anyway, to learn that an incarcerated corporate owner can be disallowed from contacting employees. After all the company has not been charged with any crime. Hmm.

BBM: One of the most unintentionally funny things I've read in a long time!
Remind me again...how does your <modsnip> theory go, again? Innocent lamb DM is being framed for three murders (for which we've only seen a fraction of the evidence against him and it's already looking very damning).
That fraction of evidence may turn out to be all there is. Keep up the good humour.

DM Yukon at the Old hangar.

It shows up black in one of my pictures so I included a second one that shows the blue better.

Could you please tell us when these pictures were taken? The reason I'm wondering is because there seems to be quite a few vehicles - employees? I thought the business was pretty well done by the late 1990's other than movies and photo shoots. I could be wrong, but I'm sure I read that it wasn't much of a business anymore a few years before Carl died.

Are these your personal photographs or can you supply the link to their origin? I understand that under the rules of the forum, all pictures must be linked. Perhaps a link to the original source would answer some questions that some of us have.

TIA

:laughing: If it came in during the Leaf's game, it took the other neighbours about 24 hours for those lights and noise to wake them up. No wonder they couldn't make out the plates. ;)

Off topic but correct thread: new article that clarifies the situation around the hangar:

The assignment of the lease comes after Millard Properties sold the hangar to the group. Wood said they have been working with Millard Properties for about two years to have them sell the hangar – the deal closes April 24.

http://www.cambridgetimes.ca/news-s...or-former-millard-hangar-at-regional-airport/

As I said before, nice deal for the airport to recoup their losses. Had they gotten a new tenant or a started a new business when DM first closed the MRO and met with the airport manager, they would still be getting their $19,000 a year in rent from Millardair.

Wood says he last met with Dellen Millard in March, three months after he had taken over the company following the death of his father, Wayne Millard.
They talked about Millard’s plans for the future of the company, which Wood recalls as potentially including a new tenant or different commercial business within the confines of the 50-year lease.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/activity-at-millard-air-hangar-not-what-airport-boss-expected-1.1302652

Now that the hangar is sold, they get about $66,000 a year rent, plus fuelling and landing fees. The $65,000 in public money committed by the airport for extra asphalt is regained in about a year and a half.

http://www.pressreader.com/canada/waterloo-region-record/20150402/281492159825226/TextView

As I said before, nice deal for the airport to recoup their losses. Had they gotten a new tenant or a started a new business when DM first closed the MRO and met with the airport manager, they would still be getting their $19,000 a year in rent from Millardair.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/activity-at-millard-air-hangar-not-what-airport-boss-expected-1.1302652

Now that the hangar is sold, they get about $66,000 a year rent, plus fuelling and landing fees. The $65,000 in public money committed by the airport for extra asphalt is regained in about a year and a half.

http://www.pressreader.com/canada/waterloo-region-record/20150402/281492159825226/TextView

I wonder what the hangar sold for, how much of the $9.5M construction cost DM will recoup.

Do you think I just make this stuff up ?

What are your qualifications to critique me ?

You object to 99% of the Bosma-murder Posts and it becomes tiring

I am a journeyman automotive refinisher , I have color matched & painted thousands of cars ,

I am also a pilot who once admired DM when he flew both fixed wing & rotary wing at age 14 , thus my interest in this topic

If it turned out he was innocent and drove a Pink Prius would be just fine with me , however He drives a Blue Yukon and is in custody for 3 murders

And for what it's worth , For many years I also drove a Blue GMC Suburban , which is the larger Yukon platform.

best wishes.

Ouch! I never accused you of making this up, and my only qualifications I have to critique your photos are my eyes and my opinions. I looked it over the photos again after reading your response, and I have to say, that SUV still looks black to me, I'm sorry.

DM Yukon at the Old hangar.

It shows up black in one of my pictures so I included a second one that shows the blue better.

In my opinion, if it were a trick of the light making it look black instead of blue, why aren't the other blue vehicles in the lot appearing as black as well?

For what it's worth, for many years, I also drove a blue Yukon, and I spent a lot of years looking through parking lots for my blue SUV, and I would like to think I knew the difference between my blue one and a black when when seen from that kind of distance, no offense. May I suggest the ignore button if my opposing opinions are tiring?

Can we please get on with discussing the case instead of one another.

Thanks !!

I wonder what the hangar sold for, how much of the $9.5M construction cost DM will recoup.

The most I ever heard was $6.4M as the hangar cost , but that came from news articles.

As far as the selling price , a hangar like that will always have a reasonable market value unless there was a severe recession in the airline industry , so I am sure a good portion of the money was recovered (building cost) ... other variables such as losses for having a vacant building for 2 years , or staff costs , would have been a drain for MB of course.

No doubt WM would have contributed a lot of his own money toward the project , so once all the bills are paid there should at least be some original "family money" recovered.

There could very well be other things like life insurance that we are not aware of , and are not really any of our business or public business. Typically banks (or corporations) will have life policies on the guarantor of any corporate loans , not a lot different than if a private person has a home mortgage it is compulsory (by the banks) to have fire insurance etc . These things are put in place as routine business practices.

The most I ever heard was $6.4M as the hangar cost , but that came from news articles.

As far as the selling price , a hangar like that will always have a reasonable market value unless there was a severe recession in the airline industry , so I am sure a good portion of the money was recovered (building cost) ... other variables such as losses for having a vacant building for 2 years , or staff costs , would have been a drain for MB of course.

No doubt WM would have contributed a lot of his own money toward the project , so once all the bills are paid there should at least be some original "family money" recovered.

There could very well be other things like life insurance that we are not aware of , and are not really any of our business or public business. Typically banks (or corporations) will have life policies on the guarantor of any corporate loans , not a lot different than if a private person has a home mortgage it is compulsory (by the banks) to have fire insurance etc . These things are put in place as routine business practices.

The newest articles about Chartright moving into the hangar quote a construction price of $9.5M:

After shelling out a reported $9.5 million to build one of the largest hangars at Region of Waterloo International Airport, Millard Air paid $19,000 per year on a 50-year lease for the facility.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/chartri...ormer-millard-air-hangar-councillor-1.2310027

There might be a gap between cost and market value of the hangar.

Many good points but I don't think WM's estate has been fully settled and DM can't inherit from him (property, insurance) so no doubt they are having to keep the monies in dispute (from WM's death) separate from the moneys DM has in his name free and clear.

It would be bad for DM's case if after all the liquidation, and the separation of the monies/property/insurance DM would have inherited from WM from the pile, if DM had no money. Cost overruns on the hangar could have eaten up a lot.

April 24 to learn more, I guess.

So everything has been liquidated to cash? Every property, vehicle, tool, possession other than DM's personal items? Held in storage perhaps?

Was one of these helicopters the helicopter that DM was still flying right up until his arrest?

qs79n9.jpg

okvl0h.jpg

http://t.thestar.com/#/article/news...lice_say.html?referrer=https://www.google.ca/

I'd think that might have some sentimental value if it is. Was it also sold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member