DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it is off topic on this forum, but it is standard LE procedure to examine a murder victim's personal affairs, especially financial problems or issues. This is done not to place blame on the victim at all, but to establish a list of potential enemies or motives. We still do not know who else might have been involved in this crime, so all aspects of the victims' lives are being examined by LE I would imagine.

I checked out one of those who had sued and I could see that he'd have a motive if he harbored a grudge. It was someone who was high up in the company and also a part owner and it looked like since falling out with the family their status (and probably finances as well) over time had declined from what they once were. However, since the lawsuit had been so long ago, I don't think he'd have insider knowledge to the house and necessarily even AIW since it was now SS's company exclusively. It's not clear how long SS has owned AIW exclusively, but the S family hasn't always owned AIW exclusively and at least one of the former co-owners was very upset with the S family viewing them as stealing from him as was apparent in reading the lawsuit, so I could see how he'd want to get what he thought he was entitled to (but I don't think he was involved).

Ever since I read SS obituary the fact he was recently appointed to the FIA has me wondering if the racing component plays a much larger role in this crime. Could mean nothing. However, it does make me wonder about the multiple scenarios.

Who purchased the gasoline?

And was there any connection between DW and SS? -- I missed that part

And why SS out of all the other people on earth?

I think DW for whatever reason blamed SS for something. Years after DW was fired from AIW, he was caught by AIW with a machete, so I think he'd been harboring a grudge for years for whatever reason.

I think this is a very good point
I can't help thinking that the cover was to come dressed as lawn care. Early on, at least one passerby/witness said lawn care was happening around the time of the fire while others say the dogs were also outside. Did these lawn guys stick around? Was it a regular service with uniforms and markings on their truck?
This could have been part of the diversion plan. But, I know plenty of my clients have dogs and they usually are not outside while the lawn crew is.

Amy had the rare ability of spotting four-leaf-clovers even when she was not looking for them. (No idea?)

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/di...-Savopoulos&lc=2216&pid=174933272&mid=6457056

This brought a smile to my face. My beloved grandfather had the same rare ability, he could spot 4 leaf clovers even when not looking for them. It was the darndest thing, you would be outside walking with him, he is looking at you, talking to you, and he bends down and picks a 4 leaf clover out of the grass. The grandchildren were delighted, and we could never find any trickery, seemed legit.

bbm I wouldn't.

I would imagine since the pizza crust dna results returned there was no need to go there. jmo idk I see Savvas as a very good business man and not running some shady business at all. jmo idk

Someone you did business with thinking you did something wrong to them and you actually doing something wrong can be two vastly different things. It can be that people think you wronged them, not that you actually did wrong them. DW for instance may have felt he was wrongly fired from AIW irrespective to how that matches to reality.

Roscoe Howard, former U.S. attorney for D.C., said that although the five were released, they remain under investigation.

"They can be watched the way you or I can be watched. Once you're on the street there is nothing to keep the police from listening to your phone calls, with of course permission, a wiretap, following you, doing whatever they can do to any individual who's out on the street," Howard said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/washing...avopoulos-family-housekeeper-new-information/

bbm, I like the little after thought, jmo of course.

I cannot help wondering why that poor boy was tortured and obviously burned while still alive. If the sole purpose was to get the cooperation of his father and perhaps more money, why did he seem to suffer more? Correct me if I am wrong. He was found in a different room. Why would DW inflict the most pain on him if he hated the father more? I would think at the end he would have lit SS on fire not the son. I still think DW was there and inflicting much of this. But wondering who else is involved.

I believe whoever else is involved in this has to be acting nervous, odd, etc. and it must be obvious to those close to them.

bbm I wouldn't.

I would imagine since the pizza crust dna results returned there was no need to go there. jmo idk I see Savvas as a very good business man and not running some shady business at all. jmo idk
But, someone who worked for him may have and it's possible he and his family are victims of the choices of either an e
Employee, partner or client.

I'm so hoping that SS and/or AS were able to leave some sort of clue or message inside the house. Please let LE find something like that!! Wishful thinking, speculation, not fact based on anything we know at the moment.

I hope so, too!

This makes me wonder, have we heard whether any of the cell phones that belonged to the victims were recovered in the house?

Who purchased the gasoline?
Wint could have siphoned gas from one of the family cars, or used a family gas container already on hand (for a lawnmower, etc.).

If he acted alone, I have a hard time believing he brought his own gasoline. That's very cumbersome for a single-person home invasion. Bringing a tube for siphoning gas would be pretty good preparation, and less incriminating if caught short of torching the house. Also he could more easily ride Metro to the house area without carrying a container of gas.

I think he may have torched the Porshe 911 the same way, siphoning the gas into that white bucket. He may have brought that bucket to the house along with a tube at the initiation of the home invasion. Jumped on Metro bus and/or subway to get there.

Wint could have even forced SS to siphon the gas, holding PS at knife point.

So far, all I have seen is the hooded man video
I do wonder if there is more that has not been released

I understand your thinking 100 percent. We have the "lone assassin", we have a "believable motive", why stir the pot?
bbm I wouldn't.

I hope so, too!

This makes me wonder, have we heard whether any of the cell phones that belonged to the victims were recovered in the house?
very very unlikely. They were probably bound to the chairs they died in from the beginning. Clues as to motive which leads to the guilty parties will be found elsewhere or not at all.

If SS was bound to the chair, who recognized the HK husband so quickly that a call was placed immediately by SS to the husband? Surely, he could not see who was at the door from his vantage point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels