DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently got a quote for adding video to my security system. The footage would have had cloud-based storage that I could access along with the rest of my security system information (codes punched, zone exits and alarms, etc.). Without the username and login, nobody could delete it (and I hope it would also have been backed up). That's of course not the only type of video security available, which ranges from CC TV with security guards watching to online systems you can install yourself and have sent to the cloud, to ones that feed an internal server resident onsite. It just really depends.

I know for my system, I have two codes. One is the real code to deactivate it. The second code "appears" to deactivate it but actually sets off a silent alarm alerting authorities.

I thought to myself when I first saw where the house was situated that it seems with someone as wealthy as they were that the location would make them sitting ducks.

I know what you mean. The thing is the whole area seems wealthy. Lots of older big boy houses. Interesting to note they had this tiny 2 car garage, no real driveway to speak of and I keep reading about their expensive cars. Is it 4 or 5 ? I could be wrong because I haven't paid close attention.

I also think DW is part of a ring dealing in stolen goods, and very probably cars are part of it. There are so many car connections to this case I think auto theft may even have been central to it.

Presumably PS had his own go-kart as well as a vehicle to transport it, parts, etc. I haven't heard of that vehicle mentioned nor of anything it would be towed on/in. Also I do wonder about what the condition of the Mosley is in. Depending on who was involved and how well equipped the S's garage was, I'm wondering if the engine was removed from the Mosley (the Mosley engine is a modified Corvette engine). If there was a go-kart, stripped vehicle parts, etc. in storage that could be why the mobile repair truck was used. I think there is just something we don't know as there was only one vehicle in the garage even though they have a two car garage and would appear to take very good care of their cars, yet cars were outside where at least one of them could have been protected unless another vehicle had been there, which the other garage space could have been used for the go-kart.

LE believes DW did not act alone in the kidnapping and murder.

Years ago my grandmother told me a riddle and said to solve. Hope I don't mess this up, here goes.

You have a chicken, a fox and chicken feed. You have to get to the other side of a lake in a row boat. In what order do you take the three across without losing one to the other? Example- if you take all three at the same time while you are rowing the chicken will eat the feed or the fox will eat the chicken.

It's my opinion that they were overwhelmed with what was happening and that he was able to render SS unable to defend himself and the rest followed orders.
jmo idk I think the police are having a hard time realizing that this one individual was capable of this. jmo idk It's my opinion that wint acted alone

You have to take the chicken first then you come back and get the fox, you take the fox over and when you leave the fox you take the chicken back, you leave the chicken and take the feed. You leave the feed and go back and get the chicken. So taking the chicken back kept the fox from eating it. :)

I wonder if SS kept some of these cars garaged at one of his businesses?

Friends of ours who like their vacation condo but don't feel they have enough space, just bought a "storage condo." I'd never heard of this. It's quite large, could easily accommodate several cars. It even has a bathroom. There's a whole area with nothing but these huge "condos" and they are all sold out.

Wonder if there is anything like that in D.C?

I wonder if SS kept some of these cars garaged at one of his businesses?

Friends of ours who like their vacation condo but don't feel they have enough space, just bought a "storage condo." I'd never heard of this. It's quite large, could easily accommodate several cars. It even has a bathroom. There's a whole area with nothing but these huge "condos" and they are all sold out.

Wonder if there is anything like that in D.C?

Good thought. If AIW has extra storage space, he could have kept cars warehoused there.

Good thought. If AIW has extra storage space, he could have kept cars warehoused there.

Hmm...and maybe that's how the driver would get the cars to drive SS. I wondered how W1 would get to/from SS's house to drive him to work. Did W1 leave his own car at SS house? Well, perhaps W1 drove to the warehouse, picked up whatever car SS wanted, and left his own car at the warehouse until it was the end of his workday. Could be?

JMO.

I think it is more than probable he had a place to store other vehicles. The point about PS go kart is excellent. SS was a known collector of automobiles.

Hmm...and maybe that's how the driver would get the cars to drive SS. I wondered how W1 would get to/from SS's house to drive him to work. Did W1 leave his own car at SS house? Well, perhaps W1 drove to the warehouse, picked up whatever car SS wanted, and left his own car at the warehouse until it was the end of his workday. Could be?

JMO.

I thought about that as well the other day. Surely, he did not leave his vehicle at the residence taking up a parking spot. Remember he had daughters as well. Where are their vehicles? Unless they were within driving distance of home.

Yikes, I should have paid a whole lot more attention to the car discussions here.

Posters seem to be saying that SS owned many expensive flashy cars,
but only has a two car garage and limited on street parking?
And you wouldn't want to park expensive cars on the street anyway?
Perhaps there was a car storage location.

Perhaps that is exactly where DW and friends were going with the large truck?

Okay, pull me back from this if I'm off on another tangent...but what car key did Witness 1 leave with the ransom? He did leave a key didn't he?

Maybe it was a key to a car stored elsewhere...that they thought they could get to even if SS's home was still swarming with police?

Roscoe Howard, former U.S. attorney for D.C., said that although the five were released, they remain under investigation.
"They can be watched the way you or I can be watched. Once you're on the street there is nothing to keep the police from listening to your phone calls, with of course permission, a wiretap, following you, doing whatever they can do to any individual who's out on the street," Howard said.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/washing...avopoulos-family-housekeeper-new-information/
bbm, I like the little after thought, jmo of course.
bbm

Yes, only w permission ;),
but seems article gives his stmt same weight as if he is still office-holder.
Puzzling, if I'm reading this right.

Okay, pull me back from this if I'm off on another tangent...but what car key did Witness 1 leave with the ransom? He did leave a key didn't he?

Maybe it was a key to a car stored elsewhere...that they thought they could get to even if SS's home was still swarming with police?

They will have to pull both of us back, I'm on this tangent with you. Bingo. DW going with the car truck to the storage location with the other vehicles. He is grandiose, a small time crook who might think he could sell or chop shop them. ????

No, he only "located a key"to unlock the car.

But he would know where cars and keys were kept. Maybe they were after parts from these cars...and that explains the truck when DW was arrested.

I've been wondering about the cars a lot. Why wear a green vest driving the Porsche as a getaway car? SS was known to wear those vests to work sites. AIW was almost directly on the route to where the Porsche was torched. Did the getaway driver stop at a work site/garage there? Did LE ever release the time of the suspect video? The Porsche was driven away around 1:30 but not found until 5:30 or so I believe. Where was it in the meantime?

You have a chicken, a fox and chicken feed. You have to get to the other side of a lake in a row boat. In what order do you take the three across without losing one to the other? Example- if you take all three at the same time while you are rowing the chicken will eat the feed or the fox will eat the chicken.

You have to take the chicken first then you come back and get the fox, you take the fox over and when you leave the fox you take the chicken back, you leave the chicken and take the feed. You leave the feed and go back and get the chicken. So taking the chicken back kept the fox from eating it. :)

Why not take the fox and the chicken feed on the first trip, then come back for the chicken? :)

They will have to pull both of us back, I'm on this tangent with you. Bingo. DW going with the car truck to the storage location with the other vehicles. He is grandiose, a small time crook who might think he could sell or chop shop them. ????

Hang on tight, my friend...here we go...��
The friends who deal in stolen merchandise....the truck....too many expensive cars to all be at the house...was t there a quote that "money" was only one of the motives. W-1 in "protective" custody.

No, he only "located a key"to unlock the car.

But he would know where cars and keys were kept. Maybe they were after parts from these cars...and that explains the truck when DW was arrested.

Well, something needs to explain that truck. It is not a coincidence.

If it was about car parts (because the truck would not hold a car) why burn the porsche?
Why not strip it with the others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member