DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's easier for guys like this to fence parts rather than expensive cars. I wonder what the details of DW's arrest in March are about?

This could have started out to just be about the cars...and someone close to the family was involved but did not think anyone would be hurt. The hostage situation, the torture, the $40,000 could all have been improvisation on the original scheme.

If it's a car part ring, why kill a family and housekeeper? It's not falling into place for me - please explain!

I don't concur either. Easier ways to steal cars than this. This was premeditated murder. There is currently a big scandal going on right now about money laundering and World Cup soccer. Whenever prominent people are murdered by low level criminals I get suspicious.

I think DW for whatever reason blamed SS for something. Years after DW was fired from AIW, he was caught by AIW with a machete, so I think he'd been harboring a grudge for years for whatever reason.

Has it been established that DW was fired from AIW? I remember reading his brother or cousin was fired.

Such greed in our world. This is such a sad situation.

W-1 is the one guy who would have access to all the cars. He certainly has a key to wherever the cars are kept. There is no need to involve him if this is just about money. The guy who actually GOT the money could have been told by SS to drop it off at the house too. He could say...put in on the back stoop and text me...Amy's sick.

W-1 is involved because he is the CAR guy. I know nothing...emphasizing that ignorance here...but I'm betting this started out to be about the cars.

I think it's easier for guys like this to fence parts rather than expensive cars. I wonder what the details of DW's arrest in March are about?

This could have started out to just be about the cars...and someone close to the family was involved but did not think anyone would be hurt. The hostage situation, the torture, the $40,000 could all have been improvisation on the original scheme.

But to hold the 4 captive, the perp needed some way to restrain them (duct tape, for example, has been suggested). That would need to be planned in advance as the perp would need to be prepared with duct tape.

I think we're all working with the right puzzle pieces, but just haven't quite figured out how the fit together perfectly.

JMO

It seems reasonable to assume the same person set the house on fire as the Porsche. And probably for the same reason, which would likey be to hide evidence. Why wear that green vest driving, though? That seems kind of weird.

If most of the SS cars were stored elsewhere, it may have been common practice for various AIW employees or storage garage staff to ferry the cars back and forth for SS. Vests might be common in these groups?

Ooh, interesting. What time is it there now?

Don't we already know that??

ETA - I mean, don't we already know the info the reporter is going to reveal? (Not that we already know the time, lol!)

To StMary: Actually your theory about Amy being in the Porsche as the beginning of the crime makes
the most sense if the kidnapping did not begin until 6pm.
never heard of any home invasions starting out as carjackings/kidnapping. It is possible but very unlikely.

I think whomever was the brains of this operation...didn't count on DW's temperament and viciousness.

Right, and if it were true, then we'd have the outlines of a Fargo plot, with W-1 playing the part of William H. Macy, masterminding an extortion that turns into murder due to an out-of-control goon. It's possible, but the actions of the police don't suggest that they have an insider talking to them. If W-1 is not a known insider, why protect him?

Given the official story as we have it, what would Wint and/or his associates gain by eliminating W-1?

Protective custody was in quotes.

W-1 is the one guy who would have access to all the cars. He certainly has a key to wherever the cars are kept. There is no need to involve him if this is just about money. The guy who actually GOT the money could have been told by SS to drop it off at the house too. He could say...put in on the back stoop and text me...Amy's sick.

W-1 is involved because he is the CAR guy. I know nothing...emphasizing that ignorance here...but I'm betting this started out to be about the cars.

You could be absolutely right, I really really don't know.

But for me if "car guy" was involved,and it was all about cars, why not just tell SS he was carjacked or conveniently make another key to the storage? Or leave it unlocked, unalarmed?
SOOOO many easier ways to access the cars MOO

Don't we already know that??

ETA - I mean, don't we already know the info the reporter is going to reveal? (Not that we already know the time, lol!)

Interesting that it's going to be made official! Should hopefully mean that more information about him will be forthcoming as MSM try to find different angles on the story.

This is what I've been thinking all along. I don't see him as a murderer. Maybe IF he's somehow involved, he didn't realize just who he was getting involved with.

The questions to keep in mind with W-1 for me are:
Why the lie about the car being locked/not locked? It's a very curious lie to tell.
Why the two different containers for the money unless it was going to be split?
He is the only one who would have known about a manilla envelope - an envelope LE looked for and could not find, btw.
Why the lie about the two containers for the money unless that has some significance?

I have posted some possible explanations for these lies, but when you start adding them all up...it just doesn't look too good. You are left with numerous curious things to explain. Too many coincidences.

The go-kart guy/assistant driver's name has already been posted. He certainly fits the description of whoever was driving the Porsche erratically, although I can't see his motive for being involved in a murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dnollie