DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when he said it, I wondered why he even mentioned it to the reporter at all if the police told him not to. His interview is gone now. Maybe WJLA found out he was lying?

Hmm, do you remember what time you saw it? The version I saw was at 11pm -- I don't recall there being mention of the police at that time. Maybe it had already been edited down from a previous airing and that's why it seemed to disjointed from the rest of the piece.

Supposedly, SS family did have a gun. Little good did it do them.

I also learned today from a mutual friend that they had a state-of-the-art safe room in their house. Again, security measures don't help if someone is holding your child at knife point when you walk in the door. I find this interesting because there have been contradictory reports of how security-conscious the S family was. Sounds to me like they took their safety quite seriously, and they were caught completely off guard. It is impossible to have a happy life AND live like you're expecting to be attacked at any moment. The constant cortisol bath would kill me faster than crime. JMO.

I saw this!!! It was enough to make me rewind my DVR immediately to see if I had heard it correctly, but it appeared extremely edited even on the first go around when I saw it on the 11pm news. I have been wondering about this since then, but didn't want to bring it up here in case I misremembered something. The neighbor definitely said what he saw made him stop his car, but that was it, it was just a snippet and then they cut back to the live report. Very odd.

I think when this case finally unfolds, we will find just how vigilant those neighbors actually were.

I could make the same case, that it means he was NOT involved. If he was partners with DW, wouldn't he have answered that call quicker?

Not if he was holding on to half the money and DW expected all of it to be delivered.

I think what throws people off in that article is that it says JW didn't return messages left on his phone, but it isn't clear whether that is messages left by the reporter at a later date or messages that were left by SS.

I'm pretty sure it means JW didn't return calls to reporters a week after the murders.

This too would be disturbing to see from CDoc if you witnessed this part: "Mr. Savopoulos and Mrs. Savopoulos were removed from the residence by firefighters, but both were found to have no signs constant with life and remained at the scene."

I believe that person saw something before the fire.

Earlier today there was discussion of whether or when the person on video was referred to as a "black male". Some of us recalled MSM mentions but nobody could find it. The charging documents -- part of which were written before the arrest of DW (the documents were signed on 5/19, the supplement was written post-arrest and signed on May 22) refer to the man on the video as being black: http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/local/charging-papers-against-daron-wint/1558/

I still haven't located MSM references to a "black male".

Again, the documents were written on May 19 when LE knew the race of the perp days before his arrest. The murders happened Thursday. Video was released Friday. At no time did LE mention they were looking for a black male until the following Wednesday when a warrant was issued for his arrest. He was arrested Friday, May 22. I hope this helps.

This too would be disturbing to see from CDoc if you witnessed this part: "Mr. Savopoulos and Mrs. Savopoulos were removed from the residence by firefighters, but both were found to have no signs constant with life and remained at the scene."

That would be very disturbing to see but cars aren't allowed to drive by when fire trucks are trying to control a fire. Police usually block off the street because of the fire hoses and fire fighters.

JMO

Not sure but it sounds as though he has been. Big mistake, if true.

MOO

On CNN< this morning, he skirted the issue. He said that he 'visited' DW in jail yesterday, but would NOT say that he was officially hired. Yet anyway.

Just heard CNN interview with Ficker on radio .
I swear he called DDW "DARRELL" for the first minute or 2.
Then RF said DDW "knew SS but not the wife."
And he said some other interesting stuff!
I gotta go to work - someone find the link!

He also called the Wint family "lovely island people" or something like that...

My impression at the time I watched it was that the neighbor had seen something that made him stop his car before the crime was discovered. Just my opinion, I could be wrong, but that was the inference that his choice of led me to draw. It was a really bizarre snippet in the middle of the story, it really stood out, and then it was gone.

That's the impression I got as well. He saw something before the fire that made him stop his car. He said he couldn't say what he saw. So why did he say anything at all to the reporter? But he could have been lying and that's why the video was removed.

On CNN< this morning, he skirted the issue. He said that he 'visited' DW in jail yesterday, but would NOT say that he was officially hired. Yet anyway.
In an interview I saw him on today he said he was hired by Wint's parents to go visit Daron in jail. ???

Not if he was holding on to half the money and DW expected all of it to be delivered.

But if they were partners, why would he drop off ALL of the cash to DW?

How disturbing could it have been... did he do anything?

Again, the documents were written on May 19 when LE knew the race of the perp days before his arrest. The murders happened Thursday. Video was released Friday. At no time did LE mention they were looking for a black male until the following Wednesday when a warrant was issued for his arrest. He was arrested Friday, May 22. I hope this helps.

Well, how can you say "no way" when several of us, including myself, remember discussing it? It's posted on one of the early threads. I don't feel like going through all the threads to find it, but it's in there.

In an interview I saw him on today he said he was hired by Wint's parents to go visit Daron in jail. ???

Right, they asked have you been hired to represent him, and he said something like " I was hired to go see him in jail" or something stupid like that. If he is hired, I predict a :trainwreck:

I remember that interview. Though I don't remember him using the word "disturbing". I just remember him stating he saw something that caused him to stop his car and he refused to say what it was.

"Disturbing" was my word to describe his non-verbal communication. As I recall he gestured with his hand on his chest or his neck area as if he was disturbed or shocked by what he saw. I wish I had downloaded that video to my desktop.

Stabbing seems so 'personal' and rage hate..............I keep thinking what kind of person can do that to 4 people.
It is a long drive ,,,,,,wonder what DDW did, said, acted in the Uber??

Stabbing seems so 'personal' and rage hate..............I keep thinking what kind of person can do that to 4 people.
It is a long drive ,,,,,,wonder what DDW did, said, acted in the Uber??
Like a true socio he probably slept like a baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?