AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took notes during first segment. This is not a transcript, just what stood out to me .

JB "" Josh came to us On His Own"
M "" One ray of hope is that our son has a tender concsious "
JB"" He was curiuos about girls. Touch over clothes only. They didn't even know it happened''
JB " First was to protect our girls "
M " None of them were aware of Josh's wrongdoing"
MK" They learned it from you ? ""
( JB and M saying girls were asleep in their rooms and had no idea)
JB " It was after some other things happened that we told them ""
JB " We watched him ALL THE TIME"
JB " I took him to work with me "
JB " Nothing else ever happened in the girls' bedroom"
JB " Two other incidents on couch "
JB " I spoke with other families that said similar things had happened in their families "
JB " This was not rape or anything like that . It was touch over their clothes "
JB " Third time he came to us is when we went to OUTSIDE help ''
JB " Was told success rate at juvenile " SEX OFFENDER" programs is not very good.
JB " As parents , you are NOT a MANDATORY REPORTER "
M " They ( girls ) don't even know that it was an improper touch"
JB " M and I both are keeping an eye on him ALL THE TIME "

( i missed some of the next segment so that'll be missing. )

The story these two are telling is so far off from what I have read on this case....

OMG they're all about it 'hanging over Josh's head' etc .. worried about investigation of the family, so so so so ugh!!!

Why is this mother whispering? That baby voice whispering is driving me nuts.

Only 17 minutes into this interview and I can actually feel my blood pressure go up. I bet if it had started thundering and lightening, they would have hidden under the chairs, afraid they would be struck by lightening.

That's why I am not watching and relying on you fine, brave folk. I had a wonderful round of golf, dinner and a lovely cocktail following with my golf gals. 75 degrees too i may add. I'm relaxed and planning to keep it that way.

Ok I'm sick !
Megan Kelly , after the commercial break " Find out about the terribe choice these parents had to make. How to protect their daughters without RUINING their son''

Yes, she said ruining, IDKWTF.

And that is exactly why I think MK is despicable. She speaks without thinking, judges without knowing, and thinks her looks make up for her utter lack of intelligence. (Don't care about Syracuse and Albany-lots of educated people are seriously stupid)

We can now add to this; she is a spin doctor who makes molesters the victim, and the victims at fault. So, I gather she has no soul. Surprise.

Is anyone surprised the sisters came out in support of Josh?

I would like to hear from someone who grew up in a household similar to the Duggar's . Not in size but in beliefs.

Will the Duggar women ever take that step outside the family and deal with their feelings/problems rather than pushing them down deep into their soul under the guise of forgiveness?

Then again, if the sisters have forgiven Josh do we even have a right to comment?

To some extent yes we do have a right to comment because the Duggar's have all put their lives out there for us to watch. Now something ugly happens and we cannot be expected to look the other way. Especially on something like this.

I truly hope the girls Josh abused are going to be Okay.

It is just so hard to tell don't you think?

Tricia

Whoa, I went back to tv just in time to see this .
JB " Was this gonna open up an investigation into our WHOLE FAMILY " ? ( huh........why would that concern you ? everyone else is squeaky clean, right? )
M " Was there going to be a warrant? Were they going to come and arrest him ? ""

So he had to go to them 3 times before they got him help? Why did they let it continue?

Discovery Channel - Sister channel(s)
American Heroes Channel
Animal Planet
Destination America
Discovery Family
Discovery Life
Investigation Discovery
Oprah Winfrey Network
Science
TLC
Velocity

Umm...seems unlikely that the reason for the cancellation of the Oprah episode slipped by the producers at TLC. There are some memos and emails and phone calls somewhere.

Just 30 min into it here.. Poor Josh. We are not mandated reporters. We have heard this happening in other families.. Oh my!

Yes where the H is little Josh????

56 years for child *advertiser censored* charges .. great judges of character these two hey?

By the Duggar parent's explanation that their girls did not know he had done something (girl's asleep, although I thought there was implication that the girls might have had issues with him while awake) basically says that if a pedophile/molester abuses a child who is too young to know then maybe the full effects of the law might not need to visited upon the molester.

I am grossed out to watch this interview. I wish the interviewer would ask the hard questions. LIKE---You sent him to live with someone else (the mentor), how did you ensure that he could not have access to other children? HOW did you safeguard your children from Josh? (because here might be a place where the Duggar parents could be held accountable for child abuse--if they did not protect the children well enough), Did you seek counseling outside of the home for the girls? Why not?

Ughhhh.

I feel like there is so much more to this story and what the extent of the abuse that we will never know.

The parent as non-mandated reporter..... awful. There are people charged with child abuse because they failed to protect their children.

JB " I spoke with other families that said similar things had happened in their families "

For real. He actually said this for real? Guess JimBob should consider changing his social circle given that he has access to other families where a son is molesting his siblings repeatedly over a period of at least 16 months if not longer.

Professional counseling? Now, "all our children" had professional counseling.......

What is going on with Michelle? I'm shaking my head here, so Josh paid for his own counselling???? I guess that was an important point to make, that if he is damaged goods, then he needs to pay for his own repair, then of course Josh came back all fixed up and better .. all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911