Bruce Jenner Becoming a Woman and more...#2

I encourage watching Lady Valor The Kristin Beck Story, link is posted below.

Kristin Beck: "In some ways this is way more mentally and physically vigorous then many things I've done in my past"

Beck served for 20 years in the U.S. Navy SEALs before her transition, and took part in 13 deployments, including seven combat deployments. Beck was a member of the United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group (also known as DEVGRU), a special counter-terrorism unit popularly called SEAL Team Six, and received multiple military awards and decorations, including a Bronze Star and a Purple Heart.[7] Beck told Anderson Cooper she wanted to be a SEAL because they were the "toughest of the tough."[8]

Beck retired from the Navy in 2011 and began transitioning by dressing as a woman. In 2013, she began hormone therapy, preparing herself for sex reassignment surgery.[9] During an interview with Anderson Cooper in early June 2013, she stated that she never came out during her military career, and that "No one ever met the real me."[8] After coming out publicly in 2013 by posting a photo of herself as a woman on LinkedIn, Beck received a number of messages of support from her former military colleagues.[10]

Watch Lady Valor The Kristin Beck Story

I guess my biggest issue is that Bruce Jenner chose to wear a bustier wore heavy makeup and posed in a glamour shot. This just reinforces my view that he is more interested in fame and attention than being a woman.

I guess my biggest issue is that Bruce Jenner chose to wear a bustier wore heavy makeup and posed in a glamour shot. This just reinforces my view that he is more interested in fame and attention than being a woman.

Tons of women where bustiers, makeup and pose in glamour shots on tons and tons of magazines.

Tons of women where bustiers, makeup and pose in glamour shots on tons and tons of magazines.
And tons of real woman who are dealing with a seroius issue that will definitely inpact their children and grandchildren may choose to handle it with more sensitivity. He wss more concerned about being sexy than being genuine. IMO

I hope Bruce Jenner realizes that there is more to being a woman than just dressing in a dress and heels. That is insulting to women.

And tons of real woman who are dealing with a seroius issue that will definitely inpact their children and grandchildren may choose to handle it with more sensitivity. He wss more concerned about being sexy than being genuine. IMO

I think most women want to feel sexy. I myself am pretty modest and wouldn't pose in a bustier but plenty do all the time. Jenner is Hollywood not small time city person coming out to the world as her real self that she's had to hide for 65 years. Men get to walk around with no shirt on all the time and no one things twice that he's half necked.

May I ask you a very sincere question...why do you continue refer to Jenner as a he?

I hope Bruce Jenner realizes that there is more to being a woman than just dressing in a dress and heels. That is insulting to women.

Ummmmmm tons of women think its empowering.

Isn't he still a he....just because he changed his name and wears a dress doesn't make him a woman.

Isn't he still a he....just because he changed his name and wears a dress doesn't make him a woman.

She feels like a woman and would like us to call her that. Its sorta like being respectful of a name lets say your name is Michael and I keep calling you Mikey and you don't like being called Mikey you've said please call me Michael. Out of respect for you I would call you Michael.

Actually I am already bored with Bruce Jenner and this thread. I guess we will see what kind of "woman" he will turn out to be in the future.

i do think it took a great deal of courage to do what Caitlyn did. I also feel so much for her children particularly for the ones that Caitlyn admits Bruce wasn't there for. I think that Caitlyn's transformation is hers to share the way she wants to share it rather than letting the TMZs and Gawkers of this world dictate how it happened. I hope that all those struggling out there are comforted by how overwhelmingly supportive people have been to Caitlyn and I hope that those struggling outside of the public eye find support as well.

She feels like a woman and would like us to call her that. Its sorta like being respectful of a name lets say your name is Michael and I keep calling you Mikey and you don't like being called Mikey you've said please call me Michael. Out of respect for you I would call you Michael.

Not everyone feels that way. I will not be able to refer to Bruce/Caitlyn as "her" or "she" because I believe he's still a man. I can refer to him as Caitlyn though. That's just a name.
IMO changing a name is easy and done all the time.
While I respect him as a person and believe he can live any way he sees fit, I can't change my views on how we are created and what makes us male or female.

And although I can be tolerant regarding how he lives, other can't seem to tolerate my opinion, or others who feel he was born male and will die male, no matter how many surgeries or makeovers he gets.

So while others see the use of "he" as disrespectful, I see it as natural and truthful.

I wish Caitlyn and his family the best. I think he's a great guy. I've always loved Bruce. And he's still the same person on the inside. Insides don't change.

JMO

Not everyone feels that way. I will not be able to refer to Bruce/Caitlyn as "her" or "she" because I believe he's still a man. I can refer to him as Caitlyn though. That's just a name.
IMO changing a name is easy and done all the time.
While I respect him as a person and believe he can live any way he sees fit, I can't change my views on how we are created and what makes us male or female.

And although I can be tolerant regarding how he lives, other can't seem to tolerate my opinion, or others who feel he was born male and will die male, no matter how many surgeries or makeovers he gets.

So while others see the use of "he" as disrespectful, I see it as natural and truthful.

I wish Caitlyn and his family the best. I think he's a great guy. I've always loved Bruce. And he's still the same person on the inside. Insides don't change.

JMO

I can respect your opinion no problem you are entitled to it exactly like Jenner gets my respect and I will call her what she feels like she is on the inside.

Thank you for your post! Kimberlyd125, your post expressed my thoughts perfectly!

Oh come on.!... I have always thought highly of Bruce.. So I'm just gonna say this...... IT IS WEIRD! I am sick of everyone trying to be so PC about it. It is just weird to me. I find it freaky to see his/her videos with the same voice...

I'm not pretending...

So carry on..

Her penis... does that count as an oxymoron?

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

I am just an old Southern grandmother who wishes I could be as sophisticated and as accepting as almost all of you are. I am of the opinion that 'Caitlyn' will always be Bruce Jenner with X chromosomes. I can never refer to him as a 'her'.

The twist is that I am very accepting of gay people and am for gay equality rights.

It takes courage for me to express my views on this because I am sure I will be booed for it. I'm sorry, but I am disgusted by this whole huge display by Bruce Jenner.

MOO

You are not alone.
Sick of his dog & pony show with photoshop & mag spreads & interviews.
He's laughing with those puffed up lips all the way to the bank.
Narcissist.
He killed an entire human being and is trying to make that go away FGS.
JMO!

Look at the parents of the Kardashian grandkids for a moment.
If the Kardashian grandkids have issues, I HIGHLY doubt it will be because of Caitlyn. :laughcry:

But then is she still their G-pa, or is she their G-ma. Is she still their G-pa but now she's a woman and not a man any more. I don't know the ages of the children but I could see where this could be very very confusing to children regardless of their ages.

JMO children have the ability to understand and cope with a lot of strange and paradoxical things. It might be a good time to explain that things aren't always black or white but there may be shades of gray in between.

I see Jenners' whole change as creating a huge set of issues for these grandchildren.

The adults around them can help a lot to create or alleviate those issues I think. If they act like this is something that loving families can deal with the kids can take it more naturally but if the parents are crying and upset and angry and talk about Jenner as a dangerous freak of nature, that *advertiser censored*, the kids will think something dreadful happened.

Donjeta, I so appreciate all of your thoughtful and compassionate posts in this thread!

I would add to your remarks above only that we should be careful not to explain more than children want/need to know.

Being gay is not the same as being transsexual, of course, and this thread is ample evidence that everyone seems to understand the difference. But to use my own family as an example, we (or their parents) simply explained to each grandchild in turn that Grandpa Nova and "Grandpa Mr. Nova" live together because they love each other.

That answer proved perfectly adequate (even very young children understand living with people who love them) until about the time the grandkids reached their teens and asked which of us was their biological grandfather. At that point their parents explained that my husband is their biological grandfather, but that doesn't mean that Grandpa Nova loves them any less.

Etc. and so forth. Children seem to have an uncanny knack for asking just as much as they need to know. I'd be wary of explaining theories of sexual identity the first time a child asks why "Grandpa" is now "Grandma".

Yeah kids questions are a good cue for what their level of understanding is. But I think they may have questions that they don't have the capacity or the courage to formulate yet and perhaps need to know and be reassured of a little more than they can ask. No need to go into the grisly details of penis removal surgery ithat the child isn't ready to know etc... but I think in cases like this where the change has got a lot of attention and the children are likely to interact with other kids or adults who bring a lot of prejudices in the conversation, it might be beneficial to deal with some of the common prejudices and possible answers along the way, to help the kid to understand different people view diversity negatively but that some of the hateful stuff they say is not always true. I think the kids will be poorly armed to face those bullying kids if they don't have a basic kids level understanding of gender identity, or, what the heck is going on with gramps.

IIRC I read that he has been receiving intensive transgender counseling and they tend to deal with a variety of associated questions.

It is worth remembering that a number of regular women who were born that way pose in provocative outfits in airbrushed magazine covers as well, although they might not always look like that when they go about their daily lives. It's not only the inner feelings of the person photographed that decides how to appear, but the photographer and the editor, and if they did a huge cover story about a transgender male who starts to live as a female but still looks and dresses masculine on the cover it wouldn't have the same effect on the readers. They'd want to compensate for the certain masculine body traits with the get-up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cdawn
Back