AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who watch the show will know that Jill has a very emotional personality, and that Jessa is not emotional at all. Jessa has laughed at how sappy and emotional Ben can be, because she's totally not like that. Just giving some insight to their personalities that were consistent in the interview with previous shows.

I have read a little ( very little) about juvenile molesters and how they can change.

But wow! How obsessive was he? Can someone that needs to be locked out of a room be fixed?

They couldn't lock his door because that would have to be from the outside and that would present fire issues.

I have read a little ( very little) about juvenile molesters and how they can change.

But wow! How obsessive was he? Can someone that needs to be locked out of a room be fixed?

They couldn't lock his door because that would have to be from the outside and that would present fire issues.

So it was "Okay kids, off to bed. And girls, remember to lock your door?" Oh wow, just... wow.

Yep, amazing parents put locks on their children's doors to protect them from the other kids in the family.

Wait. What?

I just saw this, it must have been really bad for them to do that .. Then I assume it was after this move that Josh took it to the couch molesting? Those poor girls. Sorry, but it sounds like Josh is a serious offender.

Maybe be the girls and parents were referring to a licensed CONTRACTOR...

...as in the guy (who is in jail now for child *advertiser censored*) who Josh went to do hard labor with may have been a licensed contractor...

Sorry.... Couldn't resist...:slap:

The hard labor guy's name is Walker, according to the reports IIRC. The man who is in jail for child *advertiser censored* is Hutchens and he was a state trooper.

It's a fire hazard either way IMO. Let's suppose the girls woke up in the dark of the night to smoke, their escape would be slowed or prevented by having to hassle with a lock, and it would slow down firefighters getting in the room. If there had been a fire the girls might very easily have died, locked in their room but unmolested. It'd be harder for the little ones, and in the dark, in the panic.

It must have been quite a mixed message. All males are potential child molesters if you just give them a chance, yet males are your authority and who you should submit to.

As well for the boys. We know what you really want to do in your heart is go molest your sisters, but ahhhahah, we're cleverer than you and prevented it. Now go and don't look at attractive women who are unrelated to you. Nike!

I don't think choosing the state trooper with the interest in kiddie *advertiser censored* was a coincidence, what if that same trooper had been supposedly 'cured' by God, the church etc for having the same 'urges' as Josh, and the Duggars knew that because he was in one of their worship groups, and it was known in their community? As in 'Josh we having you go talk to Mr Hutchens, because he too has struggled with the urge to fondle young girls, and by the Lords blessing and the power of prayer, he overcame this temptation, just as you can under his guiding light' etc etc .. unfortunately he wasn't so 'cured' after all, but I can imagine him being someone in their community who had 'changed' and they'd all 'forgiven' until he was caught with all the child *advertiser censored* and ended up in jail forever of course.

BBM Did these 2 girls out those other two ? ^^ TIA :(
Unfortunately Ms. Kelly did in one of her questions :(

I have a lot I could say about that but I'll just keep it to myself so I don't violate TOS!

So, the girls had no idea that they had been molested? Right. The 5 year old must have lied. Right. And the girls poured their thoughts out to authorities, about how their parents told them that they had been molested, because, you see, none of them could relate the experience of actually BEING molested, since they were unaware of it. Right. JMO

BBM Did these 2 girls out those other two ? ^^ TIA :(

There's no need to. We already know who the other girls were. The oldest girl living in the house was not a victim, that would be Jana. That leaves Jill, Jessa, Jinger, and Joyanna as the Duggar victims, since they were the only four girls other than Jana living in the home at that time, in addition to one member outside of the family. There's no reason to think that that is Anna. Considering the remarks about his activities while on the campaign trail with the father of the girl to whom he was betrothed at 14, I suspect she may be the remaining victim.

Clergy & educators are supposed to be mandatory reporters. At least in many states.

I don't have a source for this, but either earlier in this thread, or in the Josh Duggar #1 thread, someone stated that the first mandatory reporter laws in Arkansas did not go into place until 2009.

Apparently this was a lot worse than the parents and the girls told us. One of the girls (Jessa?)said her parents put locks on the door as a safeguard. That tells me how bad the situation had become for those poor girls. They had to be locked away at night because the family's fear was that their own flesh and blood may sneak into their room and sexually assault them while they're sleeping. What a nightmare that must have been!

I'm not sure where I heard this, but it came out fairly close to the original revelations in late May.

When I was growing up, I always had a lock on my bedroom door. Every bedroom door in our house had a lock, and there were no boys at all in our family. I don't think it's at all unusual to have a lock on a bedroom door, and I assume we are not talking about a keyed exterior quality lock, but rather an interior lock that would require the (hollw core?) door to be broken in order to get through from outside, and would open from inside by turning the knob.

JMO if true that the oldest girl wasn't a victim (really, he groped every other female in the house except his oldest sister and his mother??? why did one get left out?? but she might have said she wasn't to protect him or because she was embarrassed or just never woke up) it's not such a good sign regarding Josh's chances of being a pedophile. I mean, if he was just curious about how the female body feels why wouldn't he have wanted to know how the one who probably was closest to puberty felt. But he seemed to gravitate towards the younger demographic (not sure how old the non-family victim was though)

Thanks for the commentary re: the sisters' interview. I'm convinced that Josh was a serial abuser who has caused irreparable harm to his siblings and a babysitter. Shame on JimBob and Michelle for their feeble attempts at minimizing what Josh has done :stormingmad: Now, when is TLC going to announce that they will not continue to offer the Duggar family a prime-time spot on the network? If the show isn't canceled, TLC is, in essence, condoning sexual molestation of children. :moo:

JMO if true that the oldest girl wasn't a victim (really, he groped every other female in the house except his oldest sister and his mother??? why did one get left out?? but she might have said she wasn't to protect him or because she was embarrassed or just never woke up) it's not such a good sign regarding Josh's chances of being a pedophile. I mean, if he was just curious about how the female body feels why wouldn't he have wanted to know how the one who probably was closest to puberty felt. But he seemed to gravitate towards the younger demographic (not sure how old the non-family victim was though)

Maybe because she was his equal and he held no position of power over her ? **speculative**

I can see why people would feel that way. For the millions of families whose paths were forever altered by radical and ridiculous religious teachings AND/OR sexual abuse, this is a very important story. Hopefully it will be a big eye opener to folks on both sides of the fence about what is normal and not normal behavior in families and in religious families, specifically.

I think that by imposing the idea that the girls are victims (and are feeling the trauma of being molested) we are doing a disfavor to victims of abuse (who have been through so much more) by trivializing their past. A brother groping one's breasts while asleep is not the same as a child being raped by an older person. If we call him pedophile and child abuser we are minimizing the acts and deeds of actual pedophiles.

I think that by imposing the idea that the girls are victims and are feeling the results of being molested one is doing a disfavor to victims of abuse who have been through so much more by trivializing their past. A brother groping one's breasts while asleep is not the same as a child being raped by an older person. If we call him pedophile and child abuser we are minimizing the acts and deeds of actual pedophiles.

There are people on here that know way more about this then me, but just wondering, maybe a person starts out groping over clothes when someone is asleep, then groping someone under their clothes, and it escalates, and escalates. I'm not just talking about JD, I'm asking this about anyone who starts out this way, without help or even with help, the escalation of worse and worse things? And whether a person likes it or not, the reality is, when you put your family in the spotlight on a reality show, what comes your way is just what happens. That is why most people wouldn't even think to throw their family out there like that, money or no money. It also seems to rip families apart with divorce as well.

I just saw this, it must have been really bad for them to do that .. Then I assume it was after this move that Josh took it to the couch molesting? Those poor girls. Sorry, but it sounds like Josh is a serious offender.

oh my....that sounds ...... not very good....at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members