SC - Nine killed in Emanuel AME Church shooting, Charleston; Dylann Roof charged #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the news media, this young man was detained numerous times in the recent past for a variety of serious offenses. He had threatened people in the past. He'd been found with illegal drugs, controlled substances, yet his only punishment was probation. If a young black man had engaged in the same kind of threatening criminal activity in that area, he would have been jailed for a long time.

The killer gave many clues, was a known drug user for many years who talked in racist terms about others. Apparently that didn't raise any red flags in that community. It doesn't speak well for them.

IMO, if a young black man had given the APPEARANCE of being engaged in even something slightly shady, he'd be dead. Riddled with bullets. Or with a severed spinal cord.

But this kid. Well, he's just a loner and mixed up. Mmm hmm.

This is horrible, shocking, sickening...I don't even have the words for something like this.

Hate, pure and simple. But why?

My thoughts and prayers are with SC, the community, the church, the families of these precious and innocent victims and America.

In the first photo of the car taken in Shelby, the car appeared to me to be backed in off the highway. It didn't look like a traffic stop, but suspiciously just parked there. He may have slept there or stopped to contemplate whether or not to end it all there...if he had been pulled over the car wouldn't have been in that position, but the license plate number was not visible in that position. Maybe LE pulled him over, arrested and then moved the car. The clothing as he is leaving the PD in NC is the same stuff he had on, minus the sweatshirt. NON jeans, white tee and same boots. JMO

I can tell you this if I had a 21 year old son,he would not stay in his room all day.He would have to earn his keep or hit the road.Did this man have any responsibility?How did he buy these drugs,did he sell them?

And I find that totally disgusting.

You were hoping he'd enjoy prison? Or maybe not even go to prison?

He is a soft, spoiled, racist little $hit who murdered 9 people in cold blood at a prayer meeting. He will not do well in prison where he won't have drugs, guns and will be surrounded by lots of black people, whom he hates and kills. That is reality. If this is too hard for him, maybe he should not have murdered those folks at church.

You would send him to a spa?

Give the boy a gun for his birthday...not a check for tuition to finish high school, or go to community college. Nope. Be a MAN. JMO

But thank God he didn't have to leave the house to buy a gun. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, son. Don't worry about jail or getting a J-O-B, have a firearm. Hope your addiction and alarming behaviors get better! Happy shooting, love Dad"

Really?

Exactly! What need did this have for a hand gun. Oh yeah to snuff out 9 productive lives. Lives that were doing good for themselves, their family and community. May he rot. Slowly. I need to step away for a bit.

IMO, if a young black man had given the APPEARANCE of being engaged in even something slightly shady, he'd be dead. Riddled with bullets. Or with a severed spinal cord.

But this kid. Well, he's just a loner and mixed up. Mmm hmm.

Oh yeah. Like Darron Wint, ...oohhh wait. DW had a LONG criminal history which included violent threats against children and families, and he was always set free to continue his mayhem. Last month he slaughtered a family. So your claims are incorrect. JMO

I'm sure you read the post I quoted about Roof having a "difficult" time in prison. THAT is what I find disgusting - the fact that any inmate has a "difficult" time in prison, it should not be like that. That's why we have guards, isn't it? To keep order? Also, we all are aghast when some countries cut off hands and stone women to death, yet we seem to gloat at the thought of a man, any man, being abused by other inmates in prison.

I took the comment to mean that he is a spoiled rotten, 21-year-old with no job, drug arrest record, is a racist jerk and gunned down 9 people at prayer. He will not do well without his drugs, his guns, and OMG!-he might have to actually have a prison JOB!

Aww. Is the wittle druggie, racist murderer cwying? Poor baby.

Don't think he is crying at all- every other picture of that perp walk shows a smug grin.

Question- if you give someone a gift of a gun you have to pass the background check but the recipient doesn't right?

Just curious how Dylann had time to reload his gun 5 times without some of the victims running away or tackling him. But, I know next to nothing about .45 guns.

Ah, I think I see what you thought I meant now. I wasn't sure, but if you thought I meant he'd be beaten or abused, I didn't. I'm not that like that.

To clarify: I think he has the appearance of someone who is physically and emotionally awkward and unable to fit in or feel easy in his own skin. That's built up resentment and he came up with the idea that blaming a certain group of people and shooting a bunch of them dead was the answer to that.

He didn't choose to opt out of life so I guess he's hoping in prison he will at last fit in and be a fully paid up member of some exclusive club where he will feel completely at ease. I think he's going to feel just as awkward and out of place as I suspect he always has. He's going to find out killing people wasn't the answer.

This was what I thought you meant. He is in for a rude awakening. Cushy life, drugs, guns and n-word hating are not going to be a part of his new life.

Just curious how Dylann had time to reload his gun 5 times without some of the victims running away or tackling him. But, I know next to nothing about .45 guns.

Well, quite a few were elderly.

And some were using their bodies to shelter other people.

Just typing that reinforces how horrific this attack was.

Most victims were elderly, in a church, and not likely armed. They were trapped. JMO

They knew, and didn't do a damned thing about it.

I want to rage, and cry, and vomit.

If SOMEONE had said something to LE, there would be nine amazing people still with us today.

So angry.

They did something. They bought him one-a-them shootin' thingies.

Panic. Wonder how many were shot in the back as they might have tried to escape during reloading. Do these cuts use clips. If so, that's a quick reload.

My husband and I are ranting right along with you, Bravo. I'm still catching up with this afternoons updates, but if I see one report from the family claiming mental health issues, I will explode. You don't gift a mentally ill person with a .45, ever ever ever ever. And before someone jumps on me, I live with mental illness. My very strong opinion.

Then I am in great Company. I'm back and calmer. I think LOL

TONIGHT, 8 PM EASTERN ON TRUECRIMERADIO.COM

Leigh Touchton has a lot to say about Rachel Dolezal

Dolezal is white but claimed to be an African American. Dolezal resigned her position as a local branch president of the NAACP.

Why does Leigh Touchton have a lot to say? Because Leigh use to be a local branch president of the NAACP and Leigh Touchton is white.

Also Cathy from Court Chatter will join us to discuss the tragic shootings in South Carolina and more.

Go to www.truecrimeradio.com and click on the LISTEN NOW tab at 8 PM Eastern to hear the show live from iHeartRadio.com
CHAT ROOM OPENS AT 7:30 PM EASTERN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member