NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
That trooper staring right into the camera over Cuomo's left shoulder is creepy -- hasn't broken his stare. Spooky!

LOL! I know not a single blink EVER. Never going outside the State of New York label, ha.

Screenshot....

L25NDSG.png

Huh? Is it an hour away? If so, why wasn't he choppered in I wonder?

@JessicaLayton13: It's my understanding David Sweat will arrive at Albany Medical Center around 8pm. #PrisonBreakNY
[video=twitter;615290477655388160]https://twitter.com/jessicalayton13/status/615290477655388160[/video]

It's not that urgent. He has injuries that need to be treated in a better facility but are not life threatening. MOO.

Breaking news: Trooper just blinked, I saw it with my own eyes :lol:

can anyone update? my links are buffering

I will be transcribing the presser as shown on CNN as fast as possible, will come back and fix typos later. Just want to get it out there ASAP for those who can't watch it for whatever reasons. (I bet -MD- will put up a video afterwards though - I love this new component to the websleuths array of informational items we all amass together here! (that was a mouthful!)
-------

TWCNEws is showing tons of LE lining up behind the podium now. CNN isn't showing anything yet. Tons of LE though. .. ok now they're on CNN:

(Cheers)
CUomo - the nightmare is finally over, for 22 days.. but.. now we can finally confirm, as of 2 days ago as you know Mr Matt is deceased and the other escapee Mr Sweat is in custody he's in stable condition and lets give a big round of applause to LE they did a great job (applause), it has been a long long time but as you heard and superintendant will go into further detail, Sweat was spotted by a NYSP Sgt, Jay Cook, approached this afternoon, Sgt recognized Sweat, encountered and engaged Sweat, Sweat fled, trooper gave chase, was unable to catch him on foot, at one point Sgt decided to discharge his weapon hitting Sweat in his torso. Sweat went down, help arrived, Sweat is now in the hospital in stable condition. This happened 1.5 miles from the Canadian border, Mr Cook was alone when this happened, he happened to be from Troop B from this area so he knew the area very well but he was alone, this was a very courageous act, he has 2 daughters ages 16 and 17. This was an extraordinary situation in many ways, the prison in Dannemora is over 100 years old (its 155!) this was the first escape, if this was a movie you'd say it was overdone, we have hacksaws in ground up meet, 2 prisoners on the honor block, hack-sawed through the back of their cells to the catwalk, thru tunnels, came across a contractors job box, one of the prisoners was a burglar, knew how to pick the lock, did this, used the tools, made way to the sewer pipe, this was an extraordinary circumstance, was the first escape but one is one too many, there will be an ongoing investigation, have been 2 arrests, investigation is not over, now that we have Sweat we can ask more questions and get more facts on the overall situation. Anyone we find who was culpable and guilty of cooperating in this escape will be fully prosecuted, the DAs have done a great job, we will prosecute them to the full extent of hte law, if anyone else was involved we will find out, also will investigate the systems in this prison, find out how did this happen we already started a full investigation headed by Ins. gen. of ny, but today ends with good news, they were killers, matt killed at least 2 people, sweat killed a sheriff's deputy in broome county in a savage, savage way, we could not have them on the loose, this terrain was heavily forested, extraordinarily difficult row to hoe so to speak, we had (missd the wording - lots of LE working together "with gears meshing"), want to thank (etc)...

@nalinashapiro4: Sgt. Jay Cook was alone when he spotted David Sweat walking down a road. @NYGovCuomo called Cook a hero.
[video=twitter;615296318639095808]https://twitter.com/nalinashapiro4/status/615296318639095808[/video]

Superintendent Joseph D'Amico now speaking

I will be transcribing the presser as shown on CNN as fast as possible, will come back and fix typos later. Just want to get it out there ASAP for those who can't watch it for whatever reasons. (I bet -MD- will put up a video afterwards though - I love this new component to the websleuths array of informational items we all amass together here! (that was a mouthful!)
-------

TWCNEws is showing tons of LE lining up behind the podium now. CNN isn't showing anything yet. Tons of LE though. .. ok now they're on CNN:

(Cheers)
CUomo - the nightmare is finally over, for 22 days.. but.. now we can finally confirm, as of 2 days ago as you know Mr Matt is deceased and the other escapee Mr Sweat is in custody he's in stable condition and lets give a big round of applause to LE they did a great job (applause), it has been a long long time but as you heard and superintendant will go into further detail, Sweat was spotted by a NYSP Sgt, Jay Cook, approached this afternoon, Sgt recognized Sweat, encountered and engaged Sweat, Sweat fled, trooper gave chase, was unable to catch him on foot, at one point Sgt decided to discharge his weapon hitting Sweat in his torso. Sweat went down, help arrived, Sweat is now in the hospital in stable condition. This happened 1.5 miles from the Canadian border, Mr Cook was alone when this happened, he happened to be from Troop B from this area so he knew the area very well but he was alone, this was a very courageous act, he has 2 daughters ages 16 and 17. This was an extraordinary situation in many ways, the prison in Dannemora is over 100 years old (its 155!) this was the first escape, if this was a movie you'd say it was overdone, we have hacksaws in ground up meet, 2 prisoners on the honor block, hack-sawed through the back of their cells to the catwalk, thru tunnels, came across a contractors job box, one of the prisoners was a burglar, knew how to pick the lock, did this, used the tools, made way to the sewer pipe, this was an extraordinary circumstance, was the first escape but one is one too many, there will be an ongoing investigation, have been 2 arrests, investigation is not over, now that we have Sweat we can ask more questions and get more facts on the overall situation. Anyone we find who was culpable and guilty of cooperating in this escape will be fully prosecuted, the DAs have done a great job, we will prosecute them to the full extent of hte law, if anyone else was involved we will find out, also will investigate the systems in this prison, find out how did this happen we already started a full investigation headed by Ins. gen. of ny, but today ends with good news, they were killers, matt killed at least 2 people, sweat killed a sheriff's deputy in broome county in a savage, savage way, we could not have them on the loose, this terrain was heavily forested, extraordinarily difficult row to hoe so to speak, we had (missd the wording - lots of LE working together "with gears meshing"), want to thank (etc)...

Thanks for always transcribing stuff. Was doing stuff away from one of my laptops, or pc's so didn't get Andrew Cuomo. Will probably get a video of Superintendent Joseph D'Amico.

Wow pepper to throw off the dogs.

But his DNA on the pepper shaker busted him.

Sweat's DNA found on picnic style pepper shakers, LE believes Sweat and Matt were using the pepper to throw off the dogs.

So...I guess my next question is: why did Sweat choose to walk along a residential road in broad daylight? Why not stay in the woods?

I do hope Sweat will talk about all of this at some point. We all have lots of questions and are curious about the whole sequence of events.

(Transcription of CNN presser part 2) -

Cuomo still thanking all the LE departments and the citizens... NYers are tough and they stepped right up to the challenge, provided for us, and stuck with us every step of the way, and I want to thank the people of Clinton and Franklin county specifically... asks for another round of applause for LE. (applause)

I turn you over to superintendant D'Amico, who runs the NYSP.

Good afternoon, will give you the facts I know but I caution hte shooting investigation into the apprehension of Sweat is ongoing. About 320 today Sgt Jay Cook, 21 year veteran here in Malone was on partrol supervising perimiter posts, was he was driving down the road he spotted a male basicallyl jogging up theside of hte road, he approached him as he got out of hte car the male ignored him, he called again, the male ignored him, he recognized him to be David Sweat, Sweat fled on foot with Sgt in pursuit, Sgt realized Sweat was gonna make it to a treeline and Sweat couldl've disappeared, shot, hit Sweat twice in the torso, airlifted, in stable condition... (he talks fast I missed some of it)

This was about a mile and a half from the Canadian border, we were pushign southward from the border and it was effective today, we couldn't be happier we were able to apprehend him and not lose him, been a long 3 weeks,

re: Matt shooting near route 41in malone where they may have bedded down, picnic style pepper shakers had DNA of David Sweat, we think they were using pepper to help throw hte dog's scent off them and we did have trouble tracking so that may have worked in that regard. (thanking other LE), (singling out Major Guess) (applause)

He has really done a phenomenal job over hte last 3 weeks coordinating the ground crew, (missed some) tracked down over 2500 leads, cmmunity effort, that was effective here, working together, hopefully now everybody's life can get back to normal.

(question time)

Sweat was not armed at the time he was apprehended. - NY police superintendent at press conference on CNN

Huh? Is it an hour away? If so, why wasn't he choppered in I wonder?

@JessicaLayton13: It's my understanding David Sweat will arrive at Albany Medical Center around 8pm. #PrisonBreakNY
[video=twitter;615290477655388160]https://twitter.com/jessicalayton13/status/615290477655388160[/video]

Weather is terrible. Wind, visibility, etc. - reported on the local news.

Thanks for always transcribing stuff. Was doing stuff away from one of my laptops, or pc's so didn't get Andrew Cuomo. Will probably get a video of Superintendent Joseph D'Amico.

Mods pleaseeeeeeee bring over these transcripts when you create new thread :tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member