CA CA - Ember Graham, 7 mo., Happy Valley, 2 July 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've been reviewing fb and there are more pictures. There's also been some drama caused by his sons mother back in March and April. Then in May he says that the drama is interfering with his getting to see Ember. Then his current wife says as long as he isn't seeing the sons mom it won't . Sounds like a rocky relationship.

I have been perusing mom's FB. Am I missing a mention about Ember's hospital visit or that she is ill? Ember's dad's FB shows she was hooked up to an EEG February 28, 2015 and then released on March 5, 2015 without any answers as to why she would be having seizures. What is going on here?

He talks about them being at UC Davis and has pictures of it on his fb. I didn't ever see it mentioned that they found a cause for her seizures.

Most likely something purely accidental happened. But hiding it only causes problems. In life, things do happen that aren't anyone's fault. But by concealing something, it becomes nefarious. This is awful on many levels. As those above have stated, I also feel it will only be a few days before someone breaks down and tells what happened. :(

Most likely something purely accidental happened. But hiding it only causes problems. In life, things do happen that aren't anyone's fault. But by concealing something, it becomes nefarious. This is awful on many levels. As those above have stated, I also feel it will only be a few days before someone breaks down and tells what happened. :(

I do not think I will ever be able to understand how the thought of self preservation can outweigh doing what is right when your child is concerned. I just do not get it. I just can't.

In a comment on one of his photos, the father explains his appearance is due to smoking a lot of weed back then. No indication I can see as to whether he is current drug user.

I do not think I will ever be able to understand how the thought of self preservation can outweigh doing what is right when your child is concerned. I just do not get it. I just can't.

My guess is a certain mindset that thinks, well it's too late to do anything about "x" so I will worry about covering my own *advertiser censored**. Jmo

Okay, RUMOR here - from the news Facebook page (especially for those not on FB). Sister of mom says that mom was at "their home" where she lived with her parents. Says baby was at dad's because mom was packing to "move back in with dad today" and she couldn't watch baby and pack.

So if RUMOR is true, then a big event was happening. Not strange that someone gets hurt or "disappears" when a big event happens.

My hinky meter is on dad or on dad's ex. Hoping beyond all hope that baby Ember is out there safe somewhere, but...

That baby was not taken. That baby was hidden after she had a seizure overnight, or some other event that led to her death.

If the ex harmed the baby, why would the dad cover for her? His wife, Ember's mommy, was coming home for good that day, so he would have zero motivation to protect his ex. Maybe.

Just trying to figure this out, out loud. Heartbreaking.

Maybe one of the dogs attacked her, and the father is afraid his dogs will be taken and destroyed, so he panicked and claims she's "missing"?

Maybe one of the dogs attacked her, and the father is afraid his dogs will be taken and destroyed, so he panicked and claims she's "missing"?

Seems like there would be physical evidence jmo.

One of the causes of seizures in babies that young is Shaken Baby Syndrome.
Just saying.

One of the causes of seizures in babies that young is Shaken Baby Syndrome.
Just saying.

Yes, but since she underwent a battery of tests to determine the cause of her seizures, it seems they would have found SBS and diagnosed it. From what I understand, it's pretty easy to spot in an MRI.

I'd like to know why the dad checked on her at 10:30 (maybe that's when she went down for the night, so that's fine) and at 5:00. Unless he got up to pee or something, and the crib was by his bed and he happened to notice she was missing, I just don't buy it.

It's amazing how many kids are discovered "missing" in the wee hours when parents are "checking" on them.

There is no way - zero - I would "check" on a 7 month old baby at 5 in the morning. That's one sure-fire way to wake the baby up and then you're up at 5 for the morning.

Everyone has a different routine, and I personally would absolutely check on my child every time I am awake, especially if they are prone to seizures.

If my tiny infant had a seizure disorder, she would not be closed away in a different room for 7 hours at a time. She would be sleeping nearby my bed.

Well, I can see that, and especially since she had a seizure disorder and apparently the dad wasn't the typical caregiver he would have been more prone to check on a baby at 5 a.m.

It just seems like when a parent has harmed a child, interestingly, they claim to have checked on them in the wee hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven