ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The parents DID talk to the media several times....It is my VERY strong opinion that LE has told them NOT to. Same goes with the store clerk.

LE is working in the background and we know but a smidgen of what they know/have. I, for one, will let them do their JOBS by not interfering with potential witnesses or questioning why certain people aren't talking to the media.

This isn't about US, this is about a defenseless baby, who is most likely dead, and LE will do anything to find out what happened to him.

What other interviews besides this one?

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/uncut-entire-interview-with-parents-of-deorr-kunz/

When I search for interviews with the parents, that's the only one that comes up.

So glad to hear that we will learn info on GGF's friend. It is amazing a reporter has not discovered it and reported it in all this time. Does this reflect on the lack of true journalism reporting? How has LE kept this out of the news? Why has this been kept quite?

<modsnip>New info comes to LE's attention during an active investigation all the time.

We don't know what LE is telling the parents, what they're finding out about others involved, etc....So we don't KNOW if LE has told the parents to step back from the media.

Just because the parents said they THINK DeOrr was kidnapped at the beginning, they may have different ideas now. <modsnip>

Hopefully my post will make more sense later on as new info comes out.

While waiting for news...

I have a thought...

Regarding the mines in the area of the campground...

Could experienced searchers release bouyant, colored, innocuous gasses into the nearest mine(s)... And use drones to see where the gas leaks through holes/vents not easily seen to the naked eye?

Just a thought...

:waitasec:

Things are just not adding up.

In the beginning, the emphasis was on there was a four minute window that no one was watching Deorr. As time has gone on, this has been dropped to the finger pointing that GGF thought Deorr went with parents and parents thought GGF was watching Deorr.

It has never been said where Deorr was when parents left. GGF was at campfire, Deorr was getting ready to take a nap - but exactly where was he? If he was getting ready to take a nap, then why were his three beloved items still in the truck? Had the parents put Deorr in the truck for his nap?

The story about going back to the store for a candy bar for Deorr has never sat right with me! Why not say we had to run back to the store for a few things. Why bring Deorr's name specifically into it? Hope LE has looked into that very closely.

In the beginning, the emphasis was on there was a four minute window that no one was watching Deorr. As time has gone on, this has been dropped to the finger pointing that GGF thought Deorr went with parents and parents thought GGF was watching Deorr.

It has never been said where Deorr was when parents left. GGF was at campfire, Deorr was getting ready to take a nap - but exactly where was he? If he was getting ready to take a nap, then why were his three beloved items still in the truck? Had the parents put Deorr in the truck for his nap?

The story about going back to the store for a candy bar for Deorr has never sat right with me! Why not say we had to run back to the store for a few things. Why bring Deorr's name specifically into it? Hope LE has looked into that very closely.
I do not believe they meant he was literally 'getting ready' for a nap. I believe they meant it was nearing the time he normally napped. Dad said he would be good with grandpa by the fire.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

According to this article there have been 10 deaths by mountain lions in the years in between 1991 and 2003, with 75 attacks. I don't have a clue as to what happened, a wolf attack is pretty unlikely. A wolf will shy away from people. Just because you haven't seen a mountain lion that doesn't indicate that there aren't any. You might not see them but they'll see you.
http://tchester.org/sgm/lists/lion_attacks.html

75 attacks in about 10 years is a LOT to me. Wow.

That is about 7 attacks by cougar each year.

It makes me wonder how many more "almost attacks" have happened. Like how many times a cougar "confronted" a person and they almost attacked them but decided to back off.

I went to a neat "wild rescue" type place that had lions and cougars and they allowed the public to buy special refrigerated whole processed chickens and feed them to the animals with a long pole.

It was amazing and we got up close and personal but at a safe distance.

The one thing I distinctly remember is how the animals looked at all the people like food too. You could see it in their eyes that if there was not a cage there then they wanted to eat us too. :)

Weird - I don't see any pictures of the town or the Stage Stop on there - all I get is a list of businesses (only 4 of which have photos, but just related to their businesses).
I answered this but but it got deleted. I just said where to click. Not sure how it violated TOS. Maybe it was deleted in error? There is nothing to see here related to the case other than vacationers pics of the area as they're passing thru town.

Many of us watched the search, capture and arrest of the man that killed Hannah Graham. He was also linked to Morgan Harrington and another girl that was raped. It was an interesting case.

The reason I bring it up in this topic is the way LE handled everything with daily press conferences and every film of Hannah the night she went missing.

They told what everybody was wearing and who was with who and what they ate and drank.

They got many tips and low and behold an arrest was made of Jesse Mathews who has now been convicted of her murder.

Everybody praised the Chief of Police and LE who opened the pursuit of justice for Hannah to the public.

If you haven't read it...please do.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search...his+man&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

But I think they actually did say that they went to get a few things...

As a family we went down to get a few things.
from the interview with the parents

Many of us watched the search, capture and arrest of the man that killed Hannah Graham. He was also linked to Morgan Harrington and another girl that was raped. It was an interesting case.

The reason I bring it up in this topic is the way LE handled everything with daily press conferences and every film of Hannah the night she went missing.

They told what everybody was wearing and who was with who and what they ate and drank.

They got many tips and low and behold an arrest was made of Jesse Mathews who has now been convicted of her murder.

Everybody praised the Chief of Police and LE who opened the pursuit of justice for Hannah to the public.

If you haven't read it...please do.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search...his+man&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

I totally agree.

I really believe that a lot of times LE are using Outdated strategies by keeping everything close to the vest when dealing with a missing person when time is of the essence.

Years ago, it was just the way it was done. I truly believe that in this day and age with instant Email, Internet, Smart Phones that LE needs to change some of the antiquated strategies when dealing with a serious missing person case where time is so important.

Some things obviously always need to not be released but way too many times I think LE can and should release information and because of the old strategies they dont and miss an important opportunity for the public to HELP them.

There was a case I saw on HLN just yesterday where LE released someone's handwriting on a billboard in Florida.

Low and behold, someone in the public recognized the handwriting and they found a killer of a mom and her daughters who were dumped overboard with weigths while they were still alive. The guy was a sicko LE captured him with the publics help.

I do think LE is beginning to change and use the public more. Its just that too many LE agencies are not changing with the times quick enough.

Yeah, but that was in an urban area where there were lots of people and video cameras and such. In this area, they'd be better off interviewing the mule deer and pocket gophers.

Perhaps the store clerk was advised by LE NOT to talk to the public?

:dunno:
I wonder why LE wouldn't want such an easily clarified point to be made public. [emoji17] I can only think of terrible reasons.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

There were a few posts that just vanished right then.

Again, that FB page was only interesting because it had pictures of the Stage Stop where DeOrr was last seen in public.

It also had some completely unrelated yet awesome rodeo pics.

I answered this but but it got deleted. I just said where to click. Not sure how it violated TOS. Maybe it was deleted in error? There is nothing to see here related to the case other than vacationers pics of the area as they're passing thru town.

I made up a map to show you guys one thing, and one thing only.

Distance.

You will see that most of the wooded areas he was most likely to have wandered off into are not that spread out, in geographical terms. Granted these are straight line measurements, so they will be a little shorter in length than the actual walking/driving distance. Also the uphill/downhill directions aren't factored in.

As you can see though, just about every distance on here is two miles or less. This will help to give scale to the camping area they were in and the size of it.

To view, zoom in with the center wheel of your mouse.....click on the table of contents to the left side to highlight the individual distances on the map. All distances are from the Timber Creek campsite. except for the actual reservoir dimensions.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kOuWmypLbFis&usp=sharing

How long does it take you to walk a mile ? Two miles ?

While waiting for news...

I have a thought...

Regarding the mines in the area of the campground...

Could experienced searchers release bouyant, colored, innocuous gasses into the nearest mine(s)... And use drones to see where the gas leaks through holes/vents not easily seen to the naked eye?

Just a thought...

:waitasec:

I am sure they could do something like that, although it would be somewhat expensive to get the right kind of helicopters and people in place to watch for the smoke bombs dye to come out.

Based on the cost of an excursion like that, it may be too costly to pursue it since so many days have already passed and if he fell into a hole then unfortunately I think we would be in recovery mode not rescue mode.

It is a great idea though and i saw a very similar approach on a show where treasure hunters were mapping an underground shaft near the beach. They put powdered dye into the water in the shaft and had a helicopter up looking to see where the dye came out in the ocean.

There were a few posts that just vanished right then.

Again, that FB page was only interesting because it had pictures of the Stage Stop where DeOrr was last seen in public.

It also had some completely unrelated yet awesome rodeo pics.

I finally just typed "Photos of Leadore, Idaho" in my search box and it pulled up a bunch of photos that people have taken there. Lots of good photos of the area. There was one photo that looked like Stone Reservoir so I clicked on the person's FB page and there was a whole album of photos that I think are of the campground (Timber Creek) although they are not labeled so I'm only guessing. The pictures look similar to the photos on the news and there were lots of pics showing a stream which also looked familiar. Gives you an idea of what the area is like anyway.

I finally just typed "Photos of Leadore, Idaho" in my search box and it pulled up a bunch of photos that people have taken there. Lots of good photos of the area. There was one photo that looked like Stone Reservoir so I clicked on the person's FB page and there was a whole album of photos that I think are of the campground (Timber Creek) although they are not labeled so I'm only guessing. The pictures look similar to the photos on the news and there were lots of pics showing a stream which also looked familiar. Gives you an idea of what the area is like anyway.

I'm so glad you found it. I totally went off on a tangent the other day, just looking at photos of the area. It's just beautiful there. I even ended up reading people's travel blogs and learning a lot about the area. I think the Stage Stop is just what its name implies, and must see a lot of travelers just passing through...

Not sure if this was mentioned but what was the weather like there that day? When it is stated that he would be good with Grandpa by the fire (paraphrasing) did they mean that they had a fire going at 2:00 in the afternoon or are they just referring to the fire pit area? TIA

I'm "pulling up" photos of Leadore, Idaho Falls, Snake River in Idaho along with "other" areas closer to little DeOrr's home.
If mods need to delete it, that's fine w/me.
Real outlets are reporting and know ggp's friend is less than half his age.
You can easily sleuth this info yourself.
For DeOrr it's worth it, IMO.....
jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members