GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm sorry....yes it "could" happen in that amount of time, however, the police were called at 2:15am. Supposing that he would have had to find Lonzie unresponsive, figure out how to cover it up, dispose of the sweet boy, drive the car to it's last location, then walk back home and all this with the 5 year old....it seems highly unlikely that he could do all of that plus manage a trip to the laundrymat and gas station.

BBM. I agree it's probably murder, but he also could be very reluctant to go back to jail. If, for instance, he was off doing drugs or off doing anything and Lonzie died in the car due to heat he'd be back in prison, wouldn't he? I don't know much about the law.

I think you may be talking about something like a death occurring during the commision of a felony, which would be bad news for Ebron. But based on the current information we have that's not the case here. While he's admitted to using cocaine on the night Lonzie disappeared there's no charge of possession right now. And I'm not even sure if cocaine possession would be a felony in his case - it might be a misdemeanor.

So while he might have been frightened of going to prison if Lonzie died in a hot car he's now had an opportunity to consult with his lawyer so he's had ample opportunity to come up with an "accident while under the influence of drugs" kind of story.

But most of all, Lonzie would have to have perished in a hot car sometime between the hours of 8-ish pm and 2:30 am and even in Florida that's unlikely.

Ok, I'm sorry....yes it "could" happen in that amount of time, however, the police were called at 2:15am. Supposing that he would have had to find Lonzie unresponsive, figure out how to cover it up, dispose of the sweet boy, drive the car to it's last location, then walk back home and all this with the 5 year old....it seems highly unlikely that he could do all of that plus manage a trip to the laundrymat and gas station.

Okay, I see what you meant. Good points. The only problem I need to be trying solve tonight is what time to get to bed. :)

I apparently don't know how to post on here very well...sorry for the confusion.

Dozens of tips from the public led police to retention ponds and a trailer park near the Avenues Mall, locations that were associated with William Ebron, the man currently in jail on felony child neglect charges and whom police believe is responsible for the toddler's disappearance.

"We are looking into a potential piece of evident that was going to be recovered – either is being recovered or has been recovered," Hackney said during the 7:30 pm presser.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/2015/07/25/evidence-in-lonzie-search/30681371/

I know where this trailer park is. I used to see it on my way to work. Sometimes I would stop at the corner store where you come out of the trailer park. I always thought it must be a decent one cause it appear there was like a guard shack at the entrance. Look like somewhere you would have to check in before driving in. Trailers up front looked decent also, from what I could see. It is on Philips Highway south of the Avenues mall. I no longer go to work that way since I moved. I live within 15 minutes of where all this is going on at.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No worries, it's sad and heartbreaking and all anyone wants is the best outcome. I don't want to think the worst either, I just don't know what else to think at this point.

I see what you're saying, yet before he was even considered a POI or suspect he admitted to using coke "while the kids were in the car." He'd know that was a violation of his bond, and could put him back in jail.

BBM. You lost me. His "kidnapping" wasn't called in until around 3 a.m. right? It's 6 hours from 9 p.m. (since mom saw Lonzie at 8) till 3 a.m. A child could easily die of heat exhaustion in that time frame. Or am I totally missing your point? I'm tired and definitely not the sharpest knife in the block this evening.

That the only problem I need to be solving is what time to go to bed? Yeah, you're right. ;D

Ah hah!! I finally figured it out. I haven't been responding correctly by quoting the person I was responding to...I didn't mean to sound abrupt. I am very tired too and fully understand.

there are trailer parks with guard shacks? who knew?:thinking:

I know where this trailer park is. I used to see it on my way to work. Sometimes I would stop at the corner store where you come out of the trailer park. I always thought it must be a decent one cause it appear there was like a guard shack at the entrance. Look like somewhere you would have to check in before driving in. Trailers up front looked decent also, from what I could see. It is on Philips Highway south of the Avenues mall. I no longer go to work that way since I moved. I live within 15 minutes of where all this is going on at.

Ah hah!! I finally figured it out. I haven't been responding correctly by quoting the person I was responding to...I didn't mean to sound abrupt. I am very tired too and fully understand.

No, you didn't sound that way at all. I just just joking. :)

Yes. So well, it seems unlikely it's anything except a very sad coincidence.

I'll just say what seems to be the bareknuckle truth here - Tommy Croslin, Misty's older brother killed Haleigh and W Ebron, the boyfriend, killed Lonzie. I don't see how a connection could be made to the family connection between these two sweet children gone too soon.

BBM

Whoa, what??? That's your opinion, correct? I don't want to turn this into a Haleigh thread, but I just had to respond. I don't believe that to be the truth at all...At least not all of it.

So should I ask this question?

If Mom has a record and a drug history and boyfriend has the same, why where the children not in the care of CPS or some other responsible family member?

Is it too naive to think that this would be in the best interests of the children?

I put more effort into caring for my dogs than some parents put into caring for their children.

I knew this would be the path that we would take on this case and I fear the outcome is not going to be good either, if Lonzie is ever found.

Sad beyond belief. I can only shake my head.

Lonzie Barton timeline
A look at the timeline of events surrounding the disappearance of Lonzie Barton:

Thursday, July 23

8 p.m.: Lonna Lauramore heads to Wacko’s, a gentlemen’s club near the corner of Emerson Street and Spring Park Road, where she works. She later tells police that is the last time she saw her son, Lonzie Barton, a 21-month-old toddler.
Friday, July 24
2:20 a.m.: Lauramore’s boyfriend, William Ebron, 32, calls 911 and says someone drove off in his orange 1995 Honda Civic and that Lonzie was in the car.
2:22 a.m.: Ebron tells police he put Lonzie and his 5-year-old sister inside the car so that they could pick up Lauramore at Wacko’s. He apparently tells police that after getting the children in the car at Ravenwood Apartments, 8030 Old Kings Road, he went back inside the apartment momentarily to get something. Ebron tells police the 5-year-old came back into the apartment because sitting in the dark car was scary. He tells police that as he went back out to the parking lot, he saw an unknown person drive off in his car.
2:37 a.m.: Ebron’s Honda is found in the 8100 block of Cesperdes Avenue, a short distance from the apartment building.
6:22 a.m.: The Sheriff’s Office says an Amber Alert has been issued for missing Lonzie Barton by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.[modsnip]

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2015-07-25/story/disappearance-lonzie-barton-timeline-events

Lonzie Barton timeline
A look at the timeline of events surrounding the disappearance of Lonzie Barton:

S. Old Kings Road, which is not related to Lonzie's disappearance. A resident had found bones in the area, which turned out to belong to an animal.
Throughout the afternoon: JSO search teams continue looking for Lonzie Barton. A JSO dive team searched a retention pond at the Philips Highway and 9A exchange Saturday afternoon, as well as other ponds across the area.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2015-07-25/story/disappearance-lonzie-barton-timeline-events

Shorten original post

This Renton pond would be near the trailer park for non locals.

I think the reason Putnam County is looking for any connection is because he lived in Baker County. I don't know when but he is in VOP from there.
This is so sad, this little ones picture is flashed on all local channels every hour with running banner at all times. His picture of him in adults boots just remind me of my boys when they were his age. They loved to wear their dads boots. I have shed a few tears over this baby. Yes I hold mom responsible to even if she has nothing to do with the disappeareance. She allowed this man in her home and she had to be aware of his drug and violent life.. We have to keep our babies safe..

Shorten original post

This Renton pond would be near the trailer park for non locals.

Think its also safe to say for Non Locals that dont know our area, retention ponds are VERY common here and not always on the maps (google maps, map quest and so on.). In my community of 298 house, we have 11 of them NONE of which are on the map. Thus showing it is very very HARD for searching for this poor little guy. Not to mention we are surrounded by woods and trees and forests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa