ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad always told me to question everything until it satisfies your intellect. So, that's what most of us do here. We question everything. So Gitana is verified in family law and I also saw upthread where she works with a criminal defense attorney. I am not verified as a nurse but I am one. I was TAUGHT to question everyone, no matter their degree. When you have something wrong with your foot, you don't go see a neurologist. Go and question an authority on the foot! Just because I'm a nurse doesn't mean I know everything about nursing and the same should be said about every profession. I have seen Gitana and many others ask "Link please" "Where is this stated" etc. So I think Gitana should just say, upthread or post the link...not give some snarky answer why she doesn't have to. Good Lord. I for one do not know that Gitana doesn't lie or that she can back up her statements. None of us really know.
Why this caught my eye as I'm catching up reading is because I was asked to back up my opinion of LE negligence in my extra long post a few days ago....and I forgot a couple.

1. It was extremely negligent to let the father of a missing child take off on a 4 wheeler by himself and go out 'searching" AWAY from the other searchers.
2. It was also extemely negligent NOT to cordon off their search area!! To the degree where when they were using track dogs someone walks right in and spreads CREMAINS in the reservoir.

Thank you for your post. You said what I wanted to say, but so much more eloquently than I could have. I'm not accusing someone of lying when I ask for a link. I want to learn. Also, as you said, it would be silly to trust someone's statement just because they are verified. Someone can prove they are a medical doctor, but that doesn't mean s/he's a good doctor or that their field of expertise is relevant/applicable to the question at hand. I've made a statement (on the other thread I follow) and included a supporting link that I took at face value. Someone else pointed out that the article didn't make any sense at all given the timeline. I felt like an idiot that I hadn't noticed, but I was really glad someone else did and shared that information with me! To me, the point of Websleuths is to work together - it's our combined brain power that seems to produce the best theories/ideas/questions/explanations IMO.

Speaking of verified professions....do we have any LE or Feds on this site that would be willing to give an honest opinion on what they feel is going on with this investigation?

But where would you take it?

As I've said, I'm not a camper. I was assuming they would be able to take a small bag of trash (including the diaper) and stick it in an outdoor trash can at the store (Stage Stop?) where they bought the candy. I see from other posters that that might not be cool or even legal/allowed. It makes more sense why it was still there if people have to take all their trash home with them rather than putting it in a dumpster in the nearest town.

Integrity is a good word for it. If they don't have a source they shouldn't attempt to make it appear as if they do, and if they have a source they should say so (and id the source if they can). IMO it's unprofessional to include "facts" with nothing to back them up. I mean, this is Journalism 101. I read articles like that and wonder how the reporter got a job.
I am having trouble with one reporter who just published a piece stating as a fact the 3 at the campsite have been "ruled out". I sent her a tweet last night and while she has obviously been there, no reply as of yet. I simply asked if she could back it up so my guess is she is avoiding the question. She is a freelance writer with the Inquisitir and has done things for the Examiner. I suspect she misunderstood another article from another writer and ran with it, but I would like to know for certain.

Speaking of verified professions....do we have any LE or Feds on this site that would be willing to give an honest opinion on what they feel is going on with this investigation?

I'm not verified, LE or Fed, but for what its worth...

Middle of nowhere
No independent witnesses at camp (AFAIK)
No trace of Deorr in anyway, shape or form
Sheriff has publicly stated he doesn't believe it was an abduction or animal attack

It doesn't leave much to go on.

On the surface it seems the local LE doesn't have scooby doo, but of course that could be tactics. With the FBI now involved I hope they get a break.

Does the state provide trash receptacles for the area?

According to the Salmon-Challis National Forest website regarding camping in that area, it is a pack in pack out area. No trash receptacles. You leave with whatever you brought, including dirty diapers.

A direct question was asked of TC on the KIFI local news 8 FB account regarding the results of the polys and she somewhat answered if anyone wants to head over there and take a look. Since it is a TV station FB page, I believe I'm allowed to post a link to the page..this all took place within the last hour..

https://www.facebook.com/LocalNews8?fref=nf

What kind of error do you get? Are you using mac, pc, iPad, phone? Tapatalk?

ITA on IR. Fascinating case study, I'll bet...
It's a small square pop up with a yellow ? that says web page error. I'm on a pc and followed Bessie's link and found out I'm not the only one ..on going issue evidently. And yes, big 10-4 on IR, can't wait for results

I have a question about the campsite.. Are there established hiking trails there, such as long trails that go for miles both ways?

A direct question was asked of TC on the KIFI local news 8 FB account regarding the results of the polys and she somewhat answered if anyone wants to head over there and take a look. Since it is a TV station FB page, I believe I'm allowed to post a link to the page..this all took place within the last hour..

https://www.facebook.com/LocalNews8?fref=nf

Here is the direct link to the post the comment was made on.

https://www.facebook.com/LocalNews8/posts/10153538256878872

I'm not verified, LE or Fed, but for what its worth...

Middle of nowhere
No independent witnesses at camp (AFAIK)
No trace of Deorr in anyway, shape or form
Sheriff has publicly stated he doesn't believe it was an abduction or animal attack

It doesn't leave much to go on.

On the surface it seems the local LE doesn't have scooby doo, but of course that could be tactics. With the FBI now involved I hope they get a break.
Just jumping off your post.....

If no animal attack and no abduction, to me that leaves

1)He wandered off and got lost or drowned
2)He was never there
3)He was purposely disappeared by someone who was at the campground (accident, murdered, handed-off to someone else)

Would a hand-off to someone else be considered an abduction or not? I wouldn't think so.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Just jumping off your post.....

If no animal attack and no abduction, to me that leaves

1)He wandered off and got lost or drowned
2)He was never there
3)He was purposely disappeared by someone who was at the campground (accident, murdered, handed-off to someone else)

Would a hand-off to someone else be considered an abduction or not? I wouldn't think so.

~~What IS the definition of "Abduction?"

When you take a polygraph - do they tell you that you passed or failed? I know this has been asked in other cases and I think that they don't really come out and say congratulations you passed!

When you take a polygraph - do they tell you that you passed or failed? I know this has been asked in other cases and I think that they don't really come out and say congratulations you passed!

In this type of case I can't see why the examiner wouldn't tell them. JMO

If they are given by LE, the results are usually kept quiet. They will, at times, let the information out when they feel it is necessary for the person to be cleared in public. Most times when you hear of a POI or a family member of one coming out with results:

a) Poly was done by someone provided by a defense attorney.
b) Poly was done by someone self hired.
c) Poly was done by LE and false bravado ensued (either by LE or the other party).
d) Poly was done by LE and party concluded they passed as no one said they didn't.

We already know the Sheriff has denied knowing about any polygraph or results.

My dad always told me to question everything until it satisfies your intellect. So, that's what most of us do here. We question everything. So Gitana is verified in family law and I also saw upthread where she works with a criminal defense attorney. I am not verified as a nurse but I am one. I was TAUGHT to question everyone, no matter their degree. When you have something wrong with your foot, you don't go see a neurologist. Go and question an authority on the foot! Just because I'm a nurse doesn't mean I know everything about nursing and the same should be said about every profession. I have seen Gitana and many others ask "Link please" "Where is this stated" etc. So I think Gitana should just say, upthread or post the link...not give some snarky answer why she doesn't have to. Good Lord. I for one do not know that Gitana doesn't lie or that she can back up her statements. None of us really know.
Why this caught my eye as I'm catching up reading is because I was asked to back up my opinion of LE negligence in my extra long post a few days ago....and I forgot a couple.

1. It was extremely negligent to let the father of a missing child take off on a 4 wheeler by himself and go out 'searching" AWAY from the other searchers.
2. It was also extemely negligent NOT to cordon off their search area!! To the degree where when they were using track dogs someone walks right in and spreads CREMAINS in the reservoir.

I totally agree. Trust but verify.... that's my philosophy. :)

Nope. I've been sleuthing for years. Respectfully, I'm not going to spend hours going back over old newspaper articles to prove to you what I know. Either you believe me or you don't. People who have known me on here for awhile know I can always back up what I say and I don't lie.

Anyone who has followed missing persons cases would know that *most* families thank the searchers at some point. You shouldn't have to provide links for this! It is so so so common. I think thanking the people working their buns off in rain/heat/snow/sleet to find a missing child would be the natural thing to do. Off the top of my head I very clearly remember Sergio Celis (missing child Isabel Celis) telling Ann Curry that the searchers were unbelievable and so involved, and that they had to thank everyone for doing what they were doing. Another one that always stood out to me as odd was Deborah Bradley (Lisa Irwin's mom) thanking the FBI and the Kansas City PD saying they were extremely grateful for their efforts searching. It was odd to me because they were so suspicious of DB from the start (probably still are?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irsko