CONVICTION OVERTURNED MD - Hae Min Lee, 17, Baltimore, 13 Jan 1999

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe even Rabia thinks he's guilty based on her hesitance to test the DNA.
How could anyone believe this guy is innocent? I think Jay is also guilty but the mastermind here is Adnan.

One of his statements was something along the lines of: "I am the only person who can be 100% sure of who did this." Seems odd. Wouldn't the "killer" know?

I'm just not interested in hearing all of the evidence twisted in a way to favor Adnan like with the new podcast.

I'm not trying to argue. I just can't see a path to innocence. Now.. Whether or not there was enough evidence to convict, I'm not sure. But, in my mind, there's very little doubt of his guilt.

I believe even Rabia thinks he's guilty based on her hesitance to test the DNA.
How could anyone believe this guy is innocent? I think Jay is also guilty but the mastermind here is Adnan.

One of his statements was something along the lines of: "I am the only person who can be 100% sure of who did this." Seems odd. Wouldn't the "killer" know?

I'm just not interested in hearing all of the evidence twisted in a way to favor Adnan like with the new podcast.

I'm not trying to argue. I just can't see a path to innocence. Now.. Whether or not there was enough evidence to convict, I'm not sure. But, in my mind, there's very little doubt of his guilt.

I'm on the opposite side of the fence, because I can't see how anyone can believe he is guilty. Jay was clearly coached by LE to provide his "eyewitness testimony" and there's just nothing at all that indicates Adnan did anything to Hae that I've seen.

I'm not familiar with that statement about being the only person who can know. I would like to see/hear it in context to understand it. If his point is that he is the only one who truly knows because others may always doubt, I could understand his meaning without it automatically meaning he's guilty.

If the DNA evidence indicates it's Adnan's DNA under Hae's nails, I would have a lot more reason to see guilt as a possibility.

The worst thing is that the investigation here was really not done well by any standard. There are so many missing pieces. It's really obvious they decided on an outcome and made a case to fit it, rather than investigating a case to find an outcome. And that's not fair to anyone, least of all poor Hae.

The new podcast goes into a lot more detail about specific pieces of evidence than Serial did. They seem to be trying to do the job that Adnan's attorney should have done in the first place. I found the comments of the woman from LL2 particularly interesting because she is pointing out some of the same things she did in her blog, the discrepancies in Jay's stories as well as the gaps and pauses in the interview transcripts that suggest that he was being coached. They are also doing a much more detailed and critical look at the cell phone records than the police or Serial did. The first episode really just dealt with the day of the murder and Adnan's alibi witnesses who were either never contacted by his attorney or never called to testify.

They are biased in favor of Adnan, but they are forthright about it.

On the DNA, thought it was still an open question about whether there is any DNA to recover since the police didn't look for it to begin with. But yes, of course if it turns out to be Adnan's DNA, game over.

The new podcast goes into a lot more detail about specific pieces of evidence than Serial did. They seem to be trying to do the job that Adnan's attorney should have done in the first place. I found the comments of the woman from LL2 particularly interesting because she is pointing out some of the same things she did in her blog, the discrepancies in Jay's stories as well as the gaps and pauses in the interview transcripts that suggest that he was being coached. They are also doing a much more detailed and critical look at the cell phone records than the police or Serial did. The first episode really just dealt with the day of the murder and Adnan's alibi witnesses who were either never contacted by his attorney or never called to testify.

They are biased in favor of Adnan, but they are forthright about it.

On the DNA, thought it was still an open question about whether there is any DNA to recover since the police didn't look for it to begin with. But yes, of course if it turns out to be Adnan's DNA, game over.

I agree. I believe that there is DNA, I'm not sure it actually came from under Hae's fingernails. There was a lot of evidence that wasn't tested. I believe there was unknown fingerprints found on the back of the rearview mirror of Hae's car that did not match Have, Adnan or Jay. Not sure who else they compared it to, but it is just one more lead that the BPD failed to follow.

is this new news? the article's dated today 5-18

Adnan Syed's bid for a new trial gained more momentum Monday, when a state appeals court ruled an alibi witness should testify on behalf of the subject of the "Serial" podcast.

Baltimore Crime Beat
The faces of 'Serial': Adnan Syed, Hae Min Lee, Sarah Koenig

The Maryland Court of Special Appeals told a lower court to consider hearing sworn testimony from Asia McClain, a high school classmate who has said she saw Syed at a public library at the time prosecutors believe he killed his ex-girlfriend.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/blog/bs-md-serial-appeal-20150518-story.html

is this new news? the article's dated today 5-18

Adnan Syed's bid for a new trial gained more momentum Monday, when a state appeals court ruled an alibi witness should testify on behalf of the subject of the "Serial" podcast.

Baltimore Crime Beat
The faces of 'Serial': Adnan Syed, Hae Min Lee, Sarah Koenig

The Maryland Court of Special Appeals told a lower court to consider hearing sworn testimony from Asia McClain, a high school classmate who has said she saw Syed at a public library at the time prosecutors believe he killed his ex-girlfriend.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/blog/bs-md-serial-appeal-20150518-story.html

Yes, this is new! Now the court that denied his post conviction relief has to consider the new info about Urick influencing Asia not to testify at the original hearing and may re-open that specific part of the PCR to let Asia testify. Which could potentially lead to a new trial, but may be denied and go nowhere.

How do I get Reddit? Anybody have a link? thank you

Oh looks like Reddit cannot be linked here sorry, If you just google search for Serial Podcast reddit I am sure you will get it right away.

After hearing Jay's actual interrogation audio on the new podcast, I'm not convinced EITHER of them did it. I was 100% convinced Jay must've done it and the cops gave him some out to pin it on Adnan... but (tap tap) now I don't think EITHER of them are guilty (tap tap) but the police had them thinking the other guy did it. Wow, this case is twisted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, y'all!

This was from Serial, when he was asking how The host could "like him" without really knowing him. He was saying he wanted someone to look at the case and think he was innocent because of the facts, not because he's a nice guy.

I took his 100% certain comment to mean only HE knows 100% that he did not commit this crime, not that he's the only one who knows who did it. He was rather rambly (?) in that part, though, I can see how there might be confusion.

Sorry, I haven't paid attention since I binged serial. What's the podcast this is on? TIA

The new podcast is called Undisclosed.

Apparently my last post was deleted for some reason, but I wanted to say there's another new podcast called Serial Dynasty.

Mine were too, probably for talking about another site. Anyway, I am glad you posted, just added that to my phone to listen to soon. Thank you!

Hi! I just binged on the Serial podcasts, As usual I'm late to the party. Then I found the Undisclosed & Serial Dynasty & was surprised it was still going on. I'm very intrigued.

Hi! I just binged on the Serial podcasts, As usual I'm late to the party. Then I found the Undisclosed & Serial Dynasty & was surprised it was still going on. I'm very intrigued.

I listened to all of Serial but I'm unfamiliar with the other two you mentioned-are they also podcasts regarding the murder of Hae Min Lee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are, but they're all a bit biased, in my opinion. Undisclosed is hosted by a lawyer friend of Adnan Syed's and two other supporters. Serial Dynasty is also pro-Adnan.

Knowing what I do about statement analysis (from reading books and online), it seemed self-evident to me that Adnan Syed was interviewed on Serial that he is almost certainly guilty. So there's no mystery, per se, in my opinion. I've continued following the case, though, because it's fascinating watching the mental process of the people who are determined to believe that he's innocent.

They are, but they're all a bit biased, in my opinion. Undisclosed is hosted by a lawyer friend of Adnan Syed's and two other supporters. Serial Dynasty is also pro-Adnan.

Knowing what I do about statement analysis (from reading books and online), it seemed self-evident to me that Adnan Syed was interviewed on Serial that he is almost certainly guilty. So there's no mystery, per se, in my opinion. I've continued following the case, though, because it's fascinating watching the mental process of the people who are determined to believe that he's innocent.

I agree, nothing like conspiracy theories to keep me entertained. If adnan (perhaps w jays help before or after the fact) didn't do it I'd be quite shocked!

I really thought this would be right up the street of many on here.

http://serialpodcast.org/season-one/episode1/the-alibi

http://serialpodcast.org/season-one/episode2/the-breakup

http://serialpodcast.org/season-one/episode3/leakin-park

Major Players:

>>>> very respectfully snipped by borndem <<<<

credit /u/jakeprops
:goodpost:

Oh, my, jellybeanz, Thank you so very much for this great post! I'm just now jumping into this case, and the info in your post above -- including the snipped part (!) will be so, so helpful.

The Thanks button was not enuff. :tyou:

:justice:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads