IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That DNA could have a very legit source not relate to this at all. He could have scratched a foam pad at his gym while doing nautilus.
They would need a suspect to match and hopefully one with matching scratch wounds.

Has to be male DNA, too, unless a moll was with the 3 swamp guys. JMO

It says Battaglia has no history of mental illness and no criminal history. He's divorced and supports three teenage children on his $3,100-a-month police pension. This makes no sense to risk loosing everything, unless he has info, or he is mentally ill even though there is no history of it.

Was he maybe drunk and went into a rage? I really would like to hear his story....JMO

I'm going to respectfully disagree. There is a lot of information that documents the commonality of police suicide.

http://www.theiacp.org/Preventing-law-Enforcement-officer-suicide

http://www.tearsofacop.com/police/articles/dugdale.html

http://www.policeone.com/health-fitness/articles/122042-Police-officer-suicide-prevention/

It's documented that police officers have a higher suicide rate than the rest of the population.

It's also documented that more police officers commit suicide than are killed on the line of duty.

So going by this, I would argue that it would be more probable and logical that Gliniewicz actually shot himself (twice) as opposed to the idea that 2 white men and a black man took his gun, shot him with it, left the gun behind, and all disappeared without a trace before backup arrived 2 minutes later. JMO. I know that's not a happy ending. But I just want to get to the truth.

Yes, I did know about the prevalence of suicide in law enforcement profession. Interesting (shocking) fact: 34% of LEOs suffer from PTSD compared to 14% of military veterans. The risk of suicide in LEO is 39% higher than all other professions combined. Scary, right?

That said, committing suicide and covering it up to look like an ambush, hypothetical cover-up involving others, it's just not logical

In many departments the death benefits from death in the line of duty whether suicide or homicide is the same. Not only is the profession high risk in a physical sense, but also a mental and emotional sense.

So yeah, still, IMO, suicide is not even plausible.

There is always a remote (.00000001%) possibility that I am wrong.

Actually, there is a 100% possibility that you are wrong.

They seem to be hanging this investigation on the unknown DNA which to me isn't very sound unless this DNA come from somewhere like the gun trigger and even then it is possible it got there by legit means.

If they found fresh urine somewhere or some article of clothing it could have been from kids having sex out there the night before. I am eager to hear what this DNA is and where it came from.

Sex outside somewhere the night before. I guess where thinking of the same case. What a nightmare that case was. We have a thread for it here at WS.

For those not familiar, it is the murder of Krystal Tobias and Laura Hobbs. Laura Hobbs father was charged with murder and held for years. DNA evidence of semen found on the girls was determined NOT to belong Laura's Father. The Lake County authorities attempted to explain away the dna not matching by saying the girls could have picked up the dna while playing in the area.....

Eventually that semen DNA was found to match a military friend of Krystals brother who has been convicted in multiple murders. I can assure you, if it were not for another agency outside of IL making that dna match, Lake county would have still insisted the girls picked up the semen dna from playing in the area.

Here is the link for the Tobias Hobbs case:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Tobias-9-amp-Laura-Hobbs-8-Zion-8-May-2005-2

Yes, I did know about the prevalence of suicide in law enforcement profession. Interesting (shocking) fact: 34% of LEOs suffer from PTSD compared to 14% of military veterans. The risk of suicide in LEO is 39% higher than all other professions combined. Scary, right?

That said, committing suicide and covering it up to look like an ambush, hypothetical cover-up involving others, it's just not logical

In many departments the death benefits from death in the line of duty whether suicide or homicide is the same. Not only is the profession high risk in a physical sense, but also a mental and emotional sense.

Not true, If he was found to have committed suicide his widow is ineligible for the PSOB and Illinois Officer Death Benefits. That is $330,000 for the PSOB and $320,000 from Illinios she would not get.

She might still get other insurance depending on the individulat policy but the huge payouts from the Federal and State have a specific clause that Exempts both suicide and death from own negligence. So even some accidents don't pay out if he had dones something negligent to get himself into trouble. Also if he was on any drugs no pay out.

Then, why is suicide still on the table? Maybe today there will be a ruling, but so far, homicide evidence has not panned out. I'm afraid the ruling will end up UNDETERMINED. UGH. JMO

I just searched. Can't find any names, but Rudd reportedly said that three of George Filenko's Task Force members were at the autopsy. So, they were most likely task force guys. Rudd apparently said that after it was said that he was not sharing any information with Filenko. JMO

YEAH. SEE? Something is really hinky. First Filenko is all "the coroner isn't giving me info" and then the coroner is all "no way, I'm waiting on forensics and info from THEM to determine manner of death, AND three of his guys were in the autopsy so I am totally giving him info."

This is like straight out of true detective.

Then, why is suicide still on the table? Maybe today there will be a ruling, but so far, homicide evidence has not panned out. I'm afraid the ruling will end up UNDETERMINED. UGH. JMO

I am really not sure why the suicide theory is still floating around- I think it's a small vocal minority of posters (like two) that really feel it is suicide.

I really think its homicide but it didn't go down the way it seems like it did now- like much more information that we don't have yet.

Not true, If he was found to have committed suicide his widow is ineligible for the PSOB and Illinois Officer Death Benefits. That is $330,000 for the PSOB and $320,000 from Illinios she would not get.

She might still get other insurance depending on the individulat policy but the huge payouts from the Federal and State have a specific clause that Exempts both suicide and death from own negligence. So even some accidents don't pay out if he had dones something negligent to get himself into trouble. Also if he was on any drugs no pay out.

Sorry, I should have added: I am basing the death benefits information as it exists here in New York State.

And even so, aren't there like fifty other ways to manufacture your demise with the end goal of avoiding the "suicide" classification that are far less complicated than this scenario we are presented with?

YEAH. SEE? Something is really hinky. First Filenko is all "the coroner isn't giving me info" and then the coroner is all "no way, I'm waiting on forensics and info from THEM to determine manner of death, AND three of his guys were in the autopsy so I am totally giving him info."

This is like straight out of true detective.
I am thinking the shenanigans in Lake county would make a great movie. So many screwed up cases with all these players intertwined.

I am thinking the shenanigans in Lake county would make a great movie. So many screwed up cases with all these players intertwined.

Oh yeah, it's very creepy! The coroner seems solid though. You should check out some of the other cases that were total hack jobs. I mean we all know that there is corruption- but this seems so blatant- and went unchecked for so long- its hard to believe some of the things are just now getting corrected.

Authorities investigating possibility of suicide in shooting death

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/1...ibility-suicide-in-shooting-death-ill-police/

Sources tell Fox News two shell casings were found about 100 feet apart from each other near Gliniewicz’s body, which was discovered face down. His hand was in a gun position, the firearm “dropped at his body.”

One bullet hit Gliniewicz in his bulletproof vest. The second and fatal shot struck him underneath his vest, fired in a downward trajectory, near the heart. There was no sign of a struggle or defensive wounds—especially one to save his own life.

Sorry, I should have added: I am basing the death benefits information as it exists here in New York State.

And even so, aren't there like fifty other ways to manufacture your demise with the end goal of avoiding the "suicide" classification that are far less complicated than this scenario we are presented with?

PSOB is the Federal Act so in NY you won't get money from that in a suicide.
NY appears to have a system of what is Ordinary Death and Accidental Death Benefits for Officers. Without reading the fine print I would imagine Suicide wouldn't pay in the Accidental and would be limited in the Ordinary except maybe as just the regular Death Benefits that survivors gets like SSI etc...

There are probably a thousand ways to manufacture a suicide to look like killed in the line of duty I doubt they looked into his computer search history or anything so we may never know if he contemplated other ways.

I don't think this scenario is as complicated as everyone thinks anyway. So many people assumed it was homicide right away and it was only the jaded and cynics who questioned the narrative at the beginning. The story may stick as homicide.

Oh yeah, it's very creepy! The coroner seems solid though. You should check out some of the other cases that were total hack jobs. I mean we all know that there is corruption- but this seems so blatant- and went unchecked for so long- its hard to believe some of the things are just now getting corrected.

At this point the coroner is the only one I trust at all.

If that happens, then everyone wins! High five!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993