Book released by Defense Atty Nov 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nurmi says that he had to go with Ms. Arias' defense of bashing Travis because she had PPL lawyers on stand by. I wish I had my book to reference but I lent it to a friend to read. Dammit!!

Does anyone know what the sentiment about Nurmi's book is among the JA supporters?

Surprising, I know, but they now think he was against her all along and his name has officially been added to their lengthy list of conspirators. Oh, and he's a liar too.

The level of anger in his book is astounding, mostly directed at the killer. He even promised to save the worst for last in an open letter to her in the final volume, promising that it will not be rated 'PG'. This book is so outside the norm and expected from a professional standard. I can't help but believe that her reaction will be as bad as expected, and if there's any legal recourse she can take, she will. What's equally astounding is he must be expecting that as well, and in fact seems to be inviting it. It's incredible.

Reasons why Nurms might want Jodi to sue him:
1.he's missing the limelight, and he could use another trial with Jodi right now, this time a slug fest with her up against his legal skills. He thinks he'll win.
2. He'll get to look good in front of the cameras because he won't have little Juan there making him look gigantic.
3. he's addicted to Jodi and this is the only way he could keep her in his life
4. he's provoking Jodi to sue him so she'll use up all her "fund". Revenge: this'll be the KN version of a gotcha!
5.JSS wouldn't let him take the barco-lounger home when the trials ended, and a follow-up trial is the only way he'll ever get another sit.

Well, there are two issues here, his representation of Ms. Arias and writing a book about it.

I think if any reasonable person had to pick which one would be more likely to end his career, they would pick the book.

But Nurmi says it's just the fact of having represented her, that may 'prevent him from ever having a real practice'

Exactly what he means is unclear, but he's certainly not referencing the book as a cause for ending his career, he's referencing representing Ms. Arias as 'possibly preventing him from ever having a real practice'. Whatever the heck that means.

I actually think he's traumatized from representing Jodi and may be incapacitated and not able to practice law again. I think Jodi's impact on him has been devastating. I'm not excusing him, just telling what I see.

Yes, he said that. IIRC, she also chastised him for taking a vacation to Cancun, she expected him to be at her beck and call like she was his only client.

Don't you think it's weird that he'd pick Cancun of all places? He could've gone to the South Pacific or Cabo...

Does it make me a petty & bad & malicious person that I find it incredibly funny he took a trip to Cancun while representing her?

Don't worry - if it does, I'm all those things as well because I laughed out loud!!

Nurmi says that he had to go with Ms. Arias' defense of bashing Travis because she had PPL lawyers on stand by. I wish I had my book to reference but I lent it to a friend to read. Dammit!!

He couldn't just say, "Great! I'm off the hook then. Bye!"?

I remember something along these lines too. I also remember rolling my eyes.

Surprising, I know, but they now think he was against her all along and his name has officially been added to their lengthy list of conspirators. Oh, and he's a liar too.

Have they decided yet Nurmi's a secret Mormon and part of the genuinely vast and scary Mormon Church Conspiracy?

Or is he still in the secondary lower rank of co-conspirators blameworthy for clipping the earth angel's wings?

He couldn't just say, "Great! I'm off the hook then. Bye!"?
I was thinking the same thing. He was begging and pleading with JSS to let him off the case but he had to do her dirty work or she would have replaced him? OK, thanks for clearing that up Nurmi!

I actually think he's traumatized from representing Jodi and may be incapacitated and not able to practice law again. I think Jodi's impact on him has been devastating. I'm not excusing him, just telling what I see.

I could see how you could think that since he doesn't appear to be acting rationally, but aren't one of the symptoms of PTSD avoiding the source of trauma? Writing a three volume tell-all about it doesn't seem like a good way to get some distance from it, particularly because it could lead to further legal entanglements related to it.

Does it make me a petty & bad & malicious person that I find it incredibly funny he took a trip to Cancun while representing her?

LOL, I think Nurmi went to Cancun exactly for the reason to make her mad. And obviously she was angry. GOOD:happydance:

BBM

I just don't believe that one tiny bit, had she been able to secure her own team of lawyers JSS wouldn't have had to (and possibly not legally allowed to) appoint taxpayer-funded legal help for her, and likely would have been thrilled not to have to read one more pleading from Nurmi to exit stage right. Nurms hon, stop slinging the bull, no one buys it and it's completely unnecessary, we know you were handcuffed to JA unwillingly, and we pitied you for that (if nothing else). It still gave you no right to bash and slander TA the way you did though.

Does anyone know what the sentiment about Nurmi's book is among the JA supporters?

Steve. You obviously need to get out more. :D

The killer's fans are THRILLED about Nurmi's book, because it is irrefutable evidence that he always hated her, never tried to defend her innocence but settled for the inferior and inexcusable goal of just trying to save her life, which is all PROOF that he was ineffective counsel, which she can demonstrate on appeal, and for sure this time she'll be home for Christmas. Or next Christmas , because they are Team Jodi and will never give up!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing. He was begging and pleading with JSS to let him off the case but he had to do her dirty work or she would have replaced him? OK, thanks for clearing that up Nurmi!

I got the sense that she used it more as a threat - sort of in a "you better do a good job because I have all these lawyers in my back pocket who will tell me if you aren't" kind of way. I am willing to bet the fine print of any PPL agreement says they do not cover first degree murder cases. LOL.

PPL lawyers? Isn't that like $25 a month legal advice? Oh, wait, I guess he means he took it.

BBM

I just don't believe that one tiny bit, had she been able to secure her own team of lawyers JSS wouldn't have had to (and possibly not legally allowed to) appoint taxpayer-funded legal help for her, and likely would have been thrilled not to have to read one more pleading from Nurmi to exit stage right. Nurms hon, stop slinging the bull, no one buys it and it's completely unnecessary, we know you were handcuffed to JA unwillingly, and we pitied you for that (if nothing else). It still gave you no right to bash and slander TA the way you did though.

Honestly, I thought the PPL lawyers on stand by was meant as a joke. Nurmi really said that? That the threat of PPL lawyers taking over made him submit to her will?

Silly, sillier, silliest.

Honestly, I thought the PPL lawyers on stand by was meant as a joke. Nurmi really said that? That the threat of PPL lawyers taking over made him submit to her will?

Silly, sillier, silliest.

Positively Rediculous..and de-edifying...although highly contemporaneous. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get