Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #3

No words... just tears. Heartbroken. Dance with Jesus in Heaven, sweet Noah. Praying for his family, and everyone who was involved in searching for him.

Agreed steelman.

I think far too many people have been watching too much of Netflix's 'how to make a murderer' on SM. The amount I have read about planted evidence, cover up, lack of info etc etc etc. It is so uneasy so I can't imagine how the family must feel.

What a screwed up world we live in when no-one can just accept a tragedy, which I hope this to be what has occurred here.

I'm grateful that Noah was found now rather than later. At least his family will most likely be able to say good-bye to their Noah as they remember him versus later when it would probably be just bones.

I don't have any anger about the area searched or equipment used. Watching the earlier pressers you could tell the searchers and the sheriff and chief were doing everything possible. Some other searches would end after at least the 2nd or 3rd day or at least scaled it back. These guys were bulldogs after a bone. They did an amazing job!

My thoughts exactly. Some should start inwards and some outwards. Lessons should be learnt from this. So angry and hoping he never suffered.

I followed little Noah's thread from the beginning but this is my first post. I'm crying for Noah and his family, especially grandmom. I know she will never forgive herself for this.

My thoughts were the same as yours though. After reading so many of these stories where the people were found just outside of where they originally searched I was yelling at the screen to go further out and make your way in. Go further out with lots of lanterns and flashlights and yell for him as loud as you can then listen intently because you know little Noah is scared and crying out for grandmom, mommy and daddy. I am so broken up over this. It does make you angry to know that he was so close and could have been saved if they would just look at the other cases and realize that kids do go further than what you keep saying they do. History proves that. Like you I hope they learn a lesson from this that they don't seem to have learned from all of the other children's deaths. One more child is too many.

Welcome to WS melodyl.

Thanks for agreeing with me, as I said I wasn't bashing anyone as all involved done what they could for Noah. I just hope in the future they can learn from this case that all children aren't the same, some faster than others. No child or adult for that matter should be put into the same category and bunched together to assume certain things, let's leave assuming out of the equation from now on, it's dangerous to assume IMO. This is all I hope for.

Oh no! I had a feeling this was what the presser was about. I wanted him found and knew this was most likely coming but...I'm so sorry little one. Fly with all the other little angels. Prayers and deepest sympathy to his parents and Grandma. God bless and keep you.

Everybody in this forum needs to get prepared to be mad.........really mad.

Now that he has been found, some of the volunteer searches are going to be coming forward complaining that they wanted to search in other areas but were prohibited from doing so. Some of them may even say they wanted to search in the area he was eventually found but were stopped by the people in charge. There are going to be searchers that wanted to take ATV's out on the trails and do random searches, but weren't allowed to, because it didn't follow protocol.

You are most likely going to be hearing a bunch of stories and seeing a bunch of finger pointing. Some of it may be legitimate, some of it may not be. If mistakes were made, then they need to be corrected in time for the next missing kid to be found quicker. People in this forum are already lashing out over the statement about Noah being found further away than what statistics say he should have been.

The "experts" need to gather some data and rework some of their calculations and stats. If the current protocol is full of flaws and inadequate procedures, then those problem areas need to be identified and eliminated.

At the top of that list would be scent tracking dogs that are deemed to be ineffective when: it has rained too much, it hasn't rained enough, a child is involved, too many people around, too much noise, too many distractions, it's too dark, it's too light, it's too cold, it's too hot, it's too windy, it's too muddy, it's too sandy, and on and on and on. We've seen this happen too many times. Fix it, or leave them at home[/B].

BBM
OMG -
You are the second poster that has made disparaging remarks about SAR dogs. Please educate yourself before making these statements. You are misinformed! SAR dogs find missing people constantly.

I know everyone is broken-hearted over this outcome but this is no time to pick on SAR dogs.

Rest in peace sweet one.
I am so glad your mommy can say goodbye and no longer be afraid that you are scared and alone and in pain. Comfort her in her dreams.

I have been a first responder for almost a decade. I am wholly impressed by the tenacity of this sheriff and the community. There are always second guessing and what-ifs, but professionally I believe they did an excellent job and didn't give up. I pray to god it never happens, but if one my babies go missing, I hope my local LE has his number. I want him here, leading the charge.

When I called my family, my 3 year old granddaughter came to the phone. She chattered endlessly about her day and asked about mine. She told me that she had made a necklace for my dog. Not for me, just the dog. I hung on to every word she said and wished I was there to give her a big hug.
My heart goes out to the family. I just can't imagine how Noah's grandmother is coping. Bless you Noah.

I followed little Noah's thread from the beginning but this is my first post. I'm crying for Noah and his family, especially grandmom. I know she will never forgive herself for this.

My thoughts were the same as yours though. After reading so many of these stories where the people were found just outside of where they originally searched I was yelling at the screen to go further out and make your way in. Go further out with lots of lanterns and flashlights and yell for him as loud as you can then listen intently because you know little Noah is scared and crying out for grandmom, mommy and daddy. I am so broken up over this. It does make you angry to know that he was so close and could have been saved if they would just look at the other cases and realize that kids do go further than what you keep saying they do. History proves that. Like you I hope they learn a lesson from this that they don't seem to have learned from all of the other children's deaths. One more child is too many.

Is a half mile really outside the search area? That sheriff is from Tennessee and these guys say "one half mile" like I would say "half a mile."

So frustrating.
Yesterday or the day before we were talking about how the search area of 1,000 acres represented just 0.5 miles in all directions from the point last seen. 1.5 miles in all directions is 4.7sq miles = 3,000 acres! Definitely a different scenario.

Yes, toddlers can walk. Yes, we have seen this before with Rainn in better weather, but over a mile away. I guess they have to start somewhere but I really hope that in future the aerial searches and heat-sensing drones etc that are deployed first thing, well, I hope they cast a wider net, knowing that these little ones can move.

RIP little guy.

And like Abigail Rose in Michigan, also 2, found nearly 2 miles from her home in the woods one October:

Amber was missing for about 24 hours from her Barton Township home on East 13 Mile Road and spent the night in woods until she was found about 1:40 p.m. Wednesday nearly two miles southeast of the home.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2013/10/police_conversation_with_2-yea.html

I wish there'd been a happy ending for poor little Noah and his family too :(

Everybody in this forum needs to get prepared to be mad.........really mad.

Now that he has been found, some of the volunteer searches are going to be coming forward complaining that they wanted to search in other areas but were prohibited from doing so. Some of them may even say they wanted to search in the area he was eventually found but were stopped by the people in charge. There are going to be searchers that wanted to take ATV's out on the trails and do random searches, but weren't allowed to, because it didn't follow protocol.

You are most likely going to be hearing a bunch of stories and seeing a bunch of finger pointing. Some of it may be legitimate, some of it may not be. If mistakes were made, then they need to be corrected in time for the next missing kid to be found quicker. People in this forum are already lashing out over the statement about Noah being found further away than what statistics say he should have been.

The "experts" need to gather some data and rework some of their calculations and stats. If the current protocol is full of flaws and inadequate procedures, then those problem areas need to be identified and eliminated.

At the top of that list would be scent tracking dogs that are deemed to be ineffective when: it has rained too much, it hasn't rained enough, a child is involved, too many people around, too much noise, too many distractions, it's too dark, it's too light, it's too cold, it's too hot, it's too windy, it's too muddy, it's too sandy, and on and on and on. We've seen this happen too many times. Fix it, or leave them at home.

I'm not going to be mad. I will continue to be sad. They did the very best they could, with what they had, and little Noah was probably long deceased before any of these volunteers insisted on using other methods and other areas.

In my opinion, this isn't like the case of little Jessica Lunsford who was alive for days in a trailer very near searchers and search dogs didn't pick up her scent.

This little one was a victim of his desire to explore and boundless energy, and the weather going from lovely enough for an adventure in the woods to deadly cold.

As an avid old cemetery buff, I see little children's graves a lot. Not all of them make it. And it doesn't make me as mad as sad.

BBM
OMG -
You are the second poster that has made disparaging remarks about SAR dogs. Please educate yourself before making these statements. You are misinformed! SAR dogs find missing people constantly.

I know everyone is broken-hearted over this outcome but this is no time to pick on SAR dogs.

I have been on WS a long time and never have I seen or heard of a SAR dog finding a missing person on scent alone. I am not trying to be offensive in anyway but it is the reality, I have no knowledge of these dogs, but I see no evidence of their work being overly effective. From what I do know they are brilliantly trained dogs who are due credit for the work they do.

Not arguing with anyone but I just wanted to get my bit in as I for one agree with Steelman, too much emphasis is put on the scent and the direction these dogs sway a search it could be deemed as damaging to an investigation, far more than LE giving out details to MSM on a missing child's last known whereabouts for example.

Peace and harmony to u. It's been heart wrenching for us all and as I said before tensions are high. All my opinion.

I felt after the first 24 hours, when the weather turned, that this would do be the outcome but would have so loved to be wrong. The response of the community and surrounding area was amazing. I'm glad Noah was recovered before the storm. DeOrr's family is still waiting for his recovery and there is nothing worse than not knowing. My heart goes out to Noah's family. Especially to his grandmother. So very sad.

BBM
OMG -

I think as a community, we think SAR dogs are infallible, or should be expected to always track a scent. They're better than humans, that's for sure, but they very often fail to pick up a scent at all. Because that's the physics of scent travel. It doesn't stay in one place, and it's just not a given that a dog will be able to pick it up and get to a missing person.

I'm so very sorry to hear this devastating news. Noah's family must be heartbroken they are in my prayers. Thank you to all of you for caring and posting about Noah it is very hard when cases end tragically. At least Noah was found it would have been agony for his family if he was never found as is the case for so many families who have loved ones missing.

R.I.P Noah Israel Chamberlain

I have been on WS a long time and never have I seen or heard of a SAR dog finding a missing person on scent alone. I am not trying to be offensive in anyway but it is the reality, I have no knowledge of these dogs, but I see no evidence of their work being overly effective.

Not arguing with anyone but I just wanted to get my bit in as I for one agree with Steelman, too much emphasis is put on the scent and the direction these dogs sway a search.

Peace and harmony to u. All my opinion.

I think they may be very effective quickly, so quickly that the stories don't make the news cycle. So when they are right, we never hear about it. Obviously they are more effective than represented in news stories of the last 20 years, or people wouldn't go to the incredible effort to train and work them.

But. In my decade or so of following crime on websites, I have to say I have NEVER seen a search dog locate a person who was lost. Never. Or even correctly alert to the last place a person was (as in, in the driveway and then discover the person was kidnapped from the driveway). I've followed a LOT of cases where search dog alerts were used as clues, and when the mystery of the disappearance was found the information was incorrect. And I've never seen a search dog on this forum track and locate a live or deceased person in the flesh. They must be affective, or else no one would use them, but they aren't the magic divining rod that the public thinks they are.

It was interesting to hear the man dressed in camouflage, who I think must be a family friend, say Noah was a runner. Children like that are full of joy and when they run they never stop and they never look back. RIP Noah

Is a half mile really outside the search area? That sheriff is from Tennessee and these guys say "one half mile" like I would say "half a mile."

It was reported as a half mile, one mile plus, and a mile and a half.

I don't think we can really say yet how far away he was found precisely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms
Back