Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #3

Re: the way the searching was done and the criticism of it...

I will agree that after the initial shock and sadness wear off, those in charge of such things should re-examine their protocols to see if any improvements, changes, etc., can be made to incorporate what they've learned in this investigation into Noah's disappearance. As hard as they all worked, I'm sure even they'd all agree there's always room for learning new strategies, deploying new tactics, and re-examining data.

I'm not a professional searcher, and I won't pretend to know first hand what it's like. I also won't run them down for not finding him sooner. We don't know how long he was in that clearing. He could have reached that area last Thursday afternoon for all we know - and if that's the case - he likely succumbed to the elements that night and even searches at the first light on Friday wouldn't have brought him home alive, had they found him. But that's all pure speculation of course.

They searched meticulously for him. A little, tiny guy in a great big wooded area. They had to move methodically so as not to miss anything, and they couldn't have moved any faster than they did, in case they overlooked something. Now I suppose if they would have had 20,000 people out in those woods they may have found him sooner, but they didn't.

I believe they did the very best they could, with what they had, what they know, and the elements & time working against them.

moo.

It was interesting to hear the man dressed in camouflage, who I think must be a family friend, say Noah was a runner. Children like that are full of joy and when they run they never stop and they never look back. RIP Noah

The guy in camo is the family's pastor.

from the presser

Thank you for coming. We have found Noah Chamberlin. He was located bout 1 half mile from the house he went missing from.<snip>

about one half mile from the house, in a clearing. Can someone take steelman's nifty map and draw a perimeter about 2640 feet from the house? I'm not sure I could finagle it. I guess I'm just the curious type.

Rest in Peace, little one.

I think they may be very effective quickly, so quickly that the stories don't make the news cycle. So when they are right, we never hear about it. Obviously they are more effective than represented in news stories of the last 20 years, or people wouldn't go to the incredible effort to train and work them.

But. In my decade or so of following crime on websites, I have to say I have NEVER seen a search dog locate a person who was lost. Never. Or even correctly alert to the last place a person was (as in, in the driveway and then discover the person was kidnapped from the driveway). I've followed a LOT of cases where search dog alerts were used as clues, and when the mystery of the disappearance was found the information was incorrect. And I've never seen a search dog on this forum track and locate a live or deceased person in the flesh. They must be affective, or else no one would use them, but they aren't the magic divining rod that the public thinks they are.

Thank you. I am the same as you of course they must be useful in cases why else would thy use resources in training them etc. I am of the same opinion as you that I have never seen a case on here where by a SAR dog has located a missing person. Never.

R I P little Noah.....may you shine eternally.

The tears keep flowing.

What a tribute to Noah to know how deeply he has touched all of us who have followed this tragic story.

This is my first time seeing threads grow this quickly here at Websleuths and seeing so many hearts poured wholeheartedly into finding a missing child. A truly amazing group you all are..not to mention LE and the search crews. Nothing else counted but bringing Noah home.

Rest peacefully Noah.

It was interesting to hear the man dressed in camouflage, who I think must be a family friend, say Noah was a runner. Children like that are full of joy and when they run they never stop and they never look back. RIP Noah

My 22 month old boy is a runner as well. I never take my eyes off him for a second because I know how fast he is. If I know I'm going to be distracted I grab his arm or pick him up until I know I can focus on following him around. If I take him out for walks in certain places he wears a backpack with a leash on it. People may judge me but I'd rather that than losing him.

The only difference is when my son takes off running he giggles and squeals in excitement. I wish Noah had done this so that Grandma could have heard him and found him. :(

I have been on WS a long time and never have I seen or heard of a SAR dog finding a missing person on scent alone. I am not trying to be offensive in anyway but it is the reality, I have no knowledge of these dogs, but I see no evidence of their work being overly effective.

Not arguing with anyone but I just wanted to get my bit in as I for one agree with Steelman, too much emphasis is put on the scent and the direction these dogs sway a search it could be deemed as damaging to an investigation, far more than LE giving out details to MSM on a missing child's last known whereabouts for example.

Peace and harmony to u. It's been heart wrenching for us all and as I said before tensions are high. All my opinion.

I do not do SAR - I work with a rescue for hounds and have fostered bloodhounds that went on to train as SAR dogs. Did you know this training is very expensive? It can cost thousands of dollars- people sure must be STUPID to spend that kind of money for
dogs that NEVER find a missing person! Good grief.....

I do not do SAR - I work with a rescue for hounds and have fostered bloodhounds that went on to train as SAR dogs. Did you know this training is very expensive? It can cost thousands of dollars- people sure must be STUPID to spend that kind of money for
dogs that NEVER find a missing person! Good grief.....

Peace with you. I have no wish to argue just stating facts from my time on WS.

Kid leashes.

I have hated the idea since the first time I saw one, some 30 years ago. They always look so creepy to me.

They have never made more sense to me than they do right now.

Everybody in this forum needs to get prepared to be mad.........really mad...snipped.

I completely agree steelman! And also, the autopsy will be coming too.
I truly wish everyone would just respect other user's opinions/posts. Most are awesome and most do. However, if you do have a different view, no need to attack the poster.

Those of us that are still sorting out facts and putting details together (that may or may not seem suspicious to you) should not be shamed on a websleuthing site for doing so. I don't post much but I've noticed one user in particular who every time someone asks about or questions a detail ... at the speed of light the post is quoted and berated. There are so many brilliant people on here and I learn so much when I visit, but I really miss being able to discuss the details without having to duck afterwards.

I have been on WS a long time and never have I seen or heard of a SAR dog finding a missing person on scent alone. I am not trying to be offensive in anyway but it is the reality, I have no knowledge of these dogs, but I see no evidence of their work being overly effective. From what I do know they are brilliantly trained dogs who are due credit for the work they do.

Not arguing with anyone but I just wanted to get my bit in as I for one agree with Steelman, too much emphasis is put on the scent and the direction these dogs sway a search it could be deemed as damaging to an investigation, far more than LE giving out details to MSM on a missing child's last known whereabouts for example.

Peace and harmony to u. It's been heart wrenching for us all and as I said before tensions are high. All my opinion.
Generally speaking of the dogs find the subject of happens so early on that it never even makes it to the news let alone here which is why you don't see them. I know of three find made this week by dogs I know personally, so, yeah, while they are not all mighty they are successful applicants the time. This is a small sandbox.

Kid leashes.

I have hated the idea since the first time I saw one, some 30 years ago. They always look so creepy to me.

They have never made more sense to me than they do right now.

I never liked them until I had my son and realised how easily and quickly he could disappear.

I completely agree steelman! And also, the autopsy will be coming too.
I truly wish everyone would just respect other user's opinions/posts. Most are awesome and most do. However, if you do have a different view, no need to attack the poster.

Those of us that are still sorting out facts and putting details together (that may or may not seem suspicious to you) should not be shamed on a websleuthing site for doing so. I don't post much but I've noticed one user in particular who every time someone asks about or questions a detail ... at the speed of light the post is quoted and berated. There are so many brilliant people on here and I learn so much when I visit, but I really miss being able to discuss the details without having to duck afterwards.

Agreed. It becomes tiresome. I try and respect the rules but every so often I have to take myself away, count to 10 and remember that I do not know any of the handful of nit pickers on this forum to let it bother me.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Welcome to WS melodyl.

Thanks for agreeing with me, as I said I wasn't bashing anyone as all involved done what they could for Noah. I just hope in the future they can learn from this case that all children aren't the same, some faster than others. No child or adult for that matter should be put into the same category and bunched together to assume certain things, let's leave assuming out of the equation from now on, it's dangerous to assume IMO. This is all I hope for.

Throughout this past week during the press conferences, I seemed to hear a concern in the Sheriff's voice. I think he was following the protocol as it was given to him and NOT necessarily what he thought was the best course of action.

Just like it always does when a little one gets lost, this one hit me so very hard. We have a cabin 50 miles away which makes me feel closer yet so terribly helpless. Day in and day out I prayed that little Noah would be found safe. Even as this day approached, I STILL had a degree of hope that because of a miracle and certain environmental elements, he had survived. It's just so hard to give up hope when that's really all that keeps us going. I keep imagining his parents and their desperation during this past week. I keep imagining the Grandma's despair with her every waking moment. Now I pray that little Noah's autopsy will bring them some much needed peace. I pray it tells them that he was uninjured and succumbed to the elements as he slept peacefully. No matter our beliefs, I think we all know that Noah now lives with the angels and is cradled in the arms of God with no pain, no worry, and no fear. He's with an everlasting heavenly family for sure who will protect him and keep him until he is once again joined with his earth family. Please - no blame. There is no place for it. As much as I hope and pray Noah's Grandma is able to forgive herself, there is nothing to be forgiven. There is no sin in taking a moment to smell the flowers with your beautiful grandchildren. God Bless, Noah, his mommy and daddy, his sister, and his grandmas and grandpas. Bless the sheriff and all LE and the community from far and wide who loved Noah enough to risk their lives searching for him. And bless all those who carried Noah in their hearts during this painful time. I shall never forget him.

And sometimes, more often than not actually, it is the simplest, albeit very sad scenario that proves to be correct. There were no wolves or tigers or bears. There was no lurking monster or human waiting behind the bushes to snatch the previous child up. No twisted family trying to cover up their evil ways. Just a horribly traffic day that truly could happen to anyone.

Peace with you. I have no wish to argue just stating facts from my time on WS.

I'm not arguing either - I'm sticking up for the SAR dogs. As I stated - this has been stated by others on this thread - implying the SAR dogs are "useless".

Chester County Sheriff Blair Weaver addressed reporters Thursday afternoon, and said Noah’s body was located between 1-4 p.m. about a mile and a half from where he went missing on Jan. 14.

“I think we’ve done everything humanly possible,” Weaver said. “We were there and we stuck to it and it just wasn’t meant to be for some reason. We don’t know everything, and we’re not supposed to know

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/local/2016/01/21/body-noah-chamberlin-found/79134468/

A mile and a half. Not a 1/2 mile like a bunch of people keep saying. If that was the case, they would have found him the first night, or at least the next day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back