US Supreme Court Justice Scalia, 79, found dead, 13 Feb 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even so, it is strange no autopsy was performed/requested, since it such a high-profile death. Unless they got something to hide.
Since body already embalmed, lots of evidence destroyed

Sent via Tapatalk

Scalia's family requested that no autopsy be performed. Do you think the family has something to hide?

Nobody seems to be of the belief there was foul play, why would there be an autopsy?

Scalia's family requested that no autopsy be performed. Do you think the family has something to hide?

I would have requested the autopsy, if I was his family.
I would have wanted to know the exact cause of death.
Whether its heart failure etc
I have seen many left wing people cheering/celebrating his passing on social media, I guess he had many enemies/haters among liberal people,

Sent via Tapatalk

I would have requested the autopsy, if I was his family.
I would have wanted to know the exact cause of death.
Whether its heart failure etc
I have seen many left wing people cheering/celebrating his passing on social media, I guess he had many enemies/haters among liberal people,

Sent via Tapatalk

You didn't answer the question.
You said "unless they got something to hide." (not sure who they is)
I said, the family requested no autopsy.
So, do you think the family has got something to hide?

I think an autopsy should have been performed, if for nothing else but to just squash possible conspiracy theories.

While I don’t think there was, or is, any kind of conspiracy related to the actual death of Justice Scalia, I do believe he should have been autopsied. In most states, he would have had to have an autopsy by law, due to the circumstances of his death.

There are medical autopsies (to find out what happened medically), and medico/legal autopsies (required by law). Justice Scalia's death actually meets compelling reasons for both, IMO.

In most states, a person who dies unwitnessed, unexpected, without an obvious cause (such as trauma, motor vehicle accident, etc), and who is also not under the DIRECT care of a physician (such as in a hospital, hospice care, or long term care facility), is subject to a medicolegal requirement for autopsy, independent of the wishes of the family.

It is a very unusual peculiarity of Texas law that the justice of the peace who pronounced Justice Scalia dead over the phone, is allowed to independently decide to require, or NOT require, an autopsy, sight unseen. Purely because this man was a prominent SCOTUS Justice, whose death was unwitnessed, unexpected, during an out of state trip, and with no obvious cause of death beyond “his heart stopped”, I believe strongly he should have been autopsied.

Now we will have “conspiracy theories” for a very long time, from those who will perpetuate the idea that his death may have been caused, or the circumstances manipulated (avoiding autopsy, death in a remote location, dismissed federal marshalls protection, pronounced dead over the phone, etc), to achieve political means. That’s never good, IMO. The JOP made a very bad call avoiding autopsy in this situation, IMO. No one, absolutely NO ONE would have criticized the JOP for REQUIRING an autopsy under these circumstances, but many will strongly condemn the decision to avoid one.

Ask yourself-- if the POTUS of any political party persuasion, went on vacation, and died under similar circumstances, would there be an autopsy? Of course there would. To rule out foul play, and conclusively establish cause of death.

In most states, a person who dies unwitnessed, unexpected, without an obvious cause (such as trauma, motor vehicle accident, etc), and who is also not under the DIRECT care of a physician (such as in a hospital, hospice care, or long term care facility), is subject to a medicolegal requirement for autopsy, independent of the wishes of the family.

Any source for that?

As for the conspiracy theories, we will have those no matter what.

Maybe he woke up in pain from an embolism or something. Under those circumstances it might have been a natural reaction to place a pillow over his head. Maybe he'd had similar episodes in the recent past and didn't want to summon help or cause a fuss.

I have the feeling that what is being covered up here is the extent of his poor health and the family doesn't want to open up any discussion as to why he did not step down before death took him.

You didn't answer the question.
You said "unless they got something to hide." (not sure who they is)
I said, the family requested no autopsy.
So, do you think the family has got something to hide?

Family request not necessary to order/ perform an autopsy

Sent via Tapatalk

This is great.

A lot has been and will be said about the late Justice Antonin Scalia, but Stephen has one very specific memory of the man.

[video=youtube;jeJHrIqWsNw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeJHrIqWsNw[/video]

Don't you make me love you old man.

According to CNN broadcast news, Obama will hold a press conference concerning the Supreme Court vacancy within the next couple of hours. They have been saying this same thing for over an hour. Sorry I can't give a firm time but CNN isn't giving a firm time.

Even so, it is strange no autopsy was performed/requested, since it such a high-profile death. Unless they got something to hide.
Since body already embalmed, lots of evidence destroyed

Sent via Tapatalk

Cause of death has already been revealed in MSM as a heart attack. No murder conspiracy theories necessary...

Maybe he woke up in pain from an embolism or something. Under those circumstances it might have been a natural reaction to place a pillow over his head. Maybe he'd had similar episodes in the recent past and didn't want to summon help or cause a fuss.

I have the feeling that what is being covered up here is the extent of his poor health and the family doesn't want to open up any discussion as to why he did not step down before death took him.

There was a report by someone who was there that he said the night before that he didn't feel well.

According to CNN broadcast news, Obama will hold a press conference concerning the Supreme Court vacancy within the next couple of hours. They have been saying this same thing for over an hour. Sorry I can't give a firm time but CNN isn't giving a firm time.

I think he should simply say "Are you effing kidding me? Grow up." Then flip a table and walk out.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member